2016-11-24 00:55:35

OK, one thing I have to say is that throttleing up and down is quite unrealistic at this point. OK, so you have throttle is independent from speed, that's a good start, but still, let me elaborate. The way it is now, throttling up is an exercise in patience, and I don't want to grow into senility during this process. Throttling down, however is like a rocket ship in comparison. What we need is throttling up and down is the same rate. Also, airplanes don't have this huge ass lever reaching the whole length of the cabin. You have maybe 5 inches of movement, probably less. That being said, I understand how with the current system, you can control the speed to the precision, but again, it doesn't take that long to pull or push a throttle lever to the stops. Please fix this, get them going at the same rate.

one thing I would suggest is when you hit home and end, have a series of clicks from low to high pitch signifying your throttle position. GA planes don't control the speed of the aircraft entirely with throttle either. Pitch and trim are a huge part of that, and Eurofly has no trim concept at the moment.

Basically, A trim wheel in the cockpit is sued to adjust a trim tab on the control surface. Smaller GA planes have only one trim wheel or control, that being the one that actuates the elevator trim. Bigger planes add aileron and rudder trim. Also, Eurofly has no concept of rudder.

That's OK, I'm not criticizing that. I can see you can't go crazy to the wall, its a game after all.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-11-24 01:09:27

Hi.
I finally got time to check out the english version of the game, and this is awesome.
However, I'm afraid I need to wait until more of the manual has been translated, because I simply don't get how to take off successfully. Every time people ask, the replies drowns in tons of other posts.
I close the doors, fuel up the tanks, activates the engines, press f to check the freequency, and the translated list of the keys doesn't tell how to enter the confirmation code. Not that I've found. Pressing the numbers announces some countries.
I release the brakes, put on the belt, press ctrl f to fix the flabs, press f1 until I'm allowed to take off. Speed up the motors, and set my nose angle, and then I have no idea on what to do.
So yeah, I look forward to have this section of the manual translated on what to do. Because I just don't get it. I thought the tutorial would give me more information on what to do and how to do it.
Otherwise it looks awesome. This is just me who can't figure it out...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-11-24 01:18:40

i can't get past taking off on the first task

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2016-11-24 01:47:57

Hello, I just wanted to ask would it be pocible to release an update with the missing files?

2016-11-24 02:07:56

@slj, it's alt t to enter the transponder code

2016-11-24 03:22:54

Hey guys. I just downloaded the script and will work on the ATC  stuff. I'm quite picky and love this kind of stuff. I don't understand though by what someone said when they said that before I record make sure the files are in the right place. Please help? Sorry I took so long, I've ben busy working and getting no sleep.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2016-11-24 03:36:52

Maybe what they mean is to put the recordings in a folder called tower, and also make sure they are correctly named. The file names, I'm not to sure of.

2016-11-24 04:27:33

Hey Rastislav,
When I try to download the English version from your site, it says no such file doesn't exist.

2016-11-24 05:12:23

OK this is cool! my first successfull  flight, from Quito Ecuador to my country, Bogota Colombia! Oh man this is exciting!

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-11-24 05:27:05

I'm trying the game, and have some things I don't like about it.

• When adjusting volumes (ctrl/shift home/end/PGUP/PGDN), I found the volume keys in the documentation. However, when pressed, they don't say what they adjust. Because these keys are infrequently used, I think they should say what Is adjusted after the number.

• The weather system is annoying and I want to be able to turn it off. I just want to start my plane and take off, ignoring bad weather completely. Otherwise I have to restart the flight.

• I found weathervolume in eurofly.ini, but there's a really loud wind sound that still plays when I set it to 0.

• The game starts playing music and talking before it brings up its window. If I press an arrow key during the welcome to Eurofly message, the window doesn't gain focus.

• When launching the game for the first time, selecting tasks then entering my profile name, I get this error:
    Cannot open file "C:\Eurofly\0-0.etf". The system cannot find the file specified.

2016-11-24 06:23:23

Sounds awsome, going to try this! Is there a way to translate it into russian btw?

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2016-11-24 06:35:30

So I took a flight from new hampshire to road island. Eveything was going ok, until I was told to identify myself, well I didn't know what they wanted and they shot me down. Talk about a quick landing. I am finding PG13's walkthrough helped a whole lot. I was cruising at about 2000 feet, so I wouldn't have to deal with all the airports along the way. I really love this game, and I really mean that! One strategy I have though is I get my engine speed set for take off, Then and only then do I adjust my nose, I find if I adjust my nose angle before taking off, I pass the point where I need to retract the flaps and put up the landing gear, and I pass the altitude of 6 to quickly and end up crashing Either because I put the landing geer and flaps in their positions too late or something.

Audio game king

2016-11-24 07:15:33

Hi everyone,
I'm not there yet, but a friend of mine is getting very frustrated with taking off multiple runways in Mission 8. He says that he apparently lines up the runway, but when he takes off, he crashes because he apparently headed in the wrong direction, he said that despite retracting landing gear and turning off flaps with altitude above six, he got a black box with the cause being that his landing gear was down.
So, can anyone help us out? I'm only on mission 3 so this'll be benneficial to me as well.

2016-11-24 07:41:53

Is his speed correct?

Audio game king

2016-11-24 07:52:18

Ahoy all.

I actually like the taking off time as it is right now, only accept the times when it bugs out and revokes permission after a second lol its not a problem either as I always request take off when I'm done with everything else.

Aye, I do agree speeding up does take a long long time. I.E 5 minutes or so to get to 900...
Mind you I have no experience with planes and am mot a plane geek. All I know about flying I know by having played this and 3d velocity, so I have no idea if flights usually take this long to speed up or what.

Agreed with everything that tspivey says accept turning off the weather system, I like it the way it is. JIMO, of course.

Lets take a stab at answering a few questions here.

From mission 1 until you get promoted mission 10 12? I think you are not suppose to take any passengers on board. so make sure you don't take any on before you take off.
So don't press ctrl w or ctrl shift w whatever the key is at all

Slj, check my or lord london (probably spelling it wrong)'s posts for the take off and landing steps.
And yes, the keyboard shortcuts file does include the keys to set frequency and transponder code.

@flame_elchemist, that's nice. But people can't help you if you don't want yourself to be helped,describe the  issues you are having,if you would.

People having trouble with the basics should give pg13 a go, as for a link, google is your friend. pg13 eurofly should get you right to the page

@ke7zum, download Eurofly, install it,and make sure your recordings follow the directory and naming structure as the other recordings.
Dispatcher and steward

Orin, what is probably happening is while speeding up your friend is moving a few degrees from exact north or east or west. if that happens before you are passed the hight/altitude of 10 20 you will crash.

Here is what your friend needs to do.
Follow everything needed to prep for take off., request clearance,note the runway.
speed up to 60 or so,listen for the runway announcements usually from left or right. make sure your plane is heading north else you won't here runway announcements properly.
Lets say your runway announcement comes from the right (keep in mind its random), you here it, press ctrl right arrow wait for it to turn east completely then speed up to the take off speed required and as soon as you take off, make sure you are heading east,and no other direction, ctrl right arrow usually helps again, although only if you are not heading east and have moved slightly to the left.
Oh and,take off the gear and retract the flaps asap,too.
Hope that helps
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-11-24 08:47:10

hello all i am in task4 can you explane me how to do it? thanks alot

2016-11-24 09:21:32

Ahoy there

@masroor, what issues exactly are you having?
Task 4 is simple enough, just fly from Raznany to Lucenec?
just note the current take off speed and current landing speed of the Beechcraft 1900. after refueling.

Follow me on twitter

2016-11-24 09:48:14

Thanks guys for the alt t command. I'll try that later today.
I'm wandering what happens if you don't enter the transmission code. It seems like you can take off, but I'm not sure.
While the manual is being translated, I might work on a small guide explaining the basics. That is, if I get hang of it, and if that is okay with the developers.
Have an awesome day.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-11-24 10:24:51

Hi all, these sounds are from fs98 and 2004 they include aircraft and will be up for a while
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tcqc4q99noob4a/fsx.7z?dl=

2016-11-24 12:58:42

for those of yu who is having trouble how to takeoff and land, I will make an instruction on how to do that in the articles room

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-11-24 14:04:07

Hi all.

Where do I copy the states.dat? I don't have such a file in my eurofly Folder.

Regards

Razor

2016-11-24 14:43:16

hi.

post 460. I don't agree with your opinion. About weather system if you don't like, just do your own flight sim. that's all. the developer tries to bring the real situation in flight now. so I think just let it happen like this. we don't want to make the develpor loose motivation to continue develop this game.

2016-11-24 15:14:14

I don't think the weather system should be removed, as it is one of the things that makes the game that much more realistic. An auternative
would be to make it so you can set the runway's initial weather. It would still change but you would be able to takeoff successfully.

2016-11-24 15:29:35

hi
i have problem
in first task, i landed my destiation and task is not completed
what i need to do now
please help me
thanks

2016-11-24 15:33:35 (edited by grryfindore 2016-11-24 15:34:56)

Ahoy all

the address where the states file goes is Eurofly\audio\countryes

@mike-tan while I personally think the weather system is fun, its however unfare to tell a person that just because he holds a different opinion he should go and make his own flight sim. and I don't think the developer/developers would be discouraged by any of this at all because its nothing but feedback based on different opinions and constructive at that.

Speaking of which, I have a suggestion too. Wouldn't it be neat if different startup, engine and etc sounds could be assigned to different flights? I don't know how much work such a feature would be but it'd add much to the customizability  of each plane.
I don't know if you are looking to add features such as these at this point,but still its out there.
grryf

Follow me on twitter