2015-11-03 06:15:31

I assume the pepole who got a hold of it can upload it to their dropboxes and give you a link. you might also try this link, which isn't a public link but should still point to the file, not sure if it will work though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/473nm82rs890r … l.ogg?dl=0

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-11-03 06:58:16

Hi! could someone who has the playthrough please give a working link? would be nice

2015-11-03 15:10:55

Both of the links don't work. Ps, I am new on posting anything on this form

stw is a game i play sometimes. If you would like to check it out, go to
http://www.samtupy.com

2015-11-04 07:31:06

I have to agree with jade about easy mode. For an easy mode, I think it is way too hard. I'm speaking particularly of level 4.
I have been stuck on it for days because of those spiders. I think they attack way too fast, and half the time I don't even notice them, next thing I know i'm paralized. Also, the zombies are too hard to kill with my sword and I usually end up getting hit and not having a cure to spare.
The game is decent, but I think there needs to be some changes to easy mode in order for it to be fare. Right now, it seems like a normal to hard mode.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2015-11-04 07:46:22

may be it's just me, but easy seems reasonably easy, though there're some tough situations that sound like normal. I generally dare jumping pass the spider, if i can't kill them. bow is your best bet for that, easy mode 3 or 4 shot down. i even kill those two spiders using my sword, but only because i dare, not because i'm good at it or anything.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-11-04 08:13:55

about the spiders in easy mode..., 3 hits with the sword or 3 shots with the bow its enough to kill them.
you can hit them two time as it aproaches, them jump it, turn back and give the last hit..., come on, is no too hard
same with the zombies, it take 4 or 5 hits to die.

2015-11-04 08:35:16 (edited by BryanP 2015-11-04 18:38:24)

It is hard when you've also got a falling rock nearby.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-11-04 08:37:27

ok, I didn't mean they aren't easy to kill, because I don't have too much trouble with that, usually. However, I am refering to the fact that you literaly have no time to react before an enemy is ontop of you, and as jade said, you often can't jump back and attack because the enemy can move faster than you while you are in the air. I've gotten hit several times because of this, and not just by week enemys. The problem I have with the spiders is that there are often other enemys in their way, so they take the arrow shots instead of the spiders, and I have to deal with those enemys. I don't dare jump them, because I know that the spider web will get me.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2015-11-04 09:35:03

Zombies don't seem to telegraph their attacks so there's no particular way to hear an attack coming and panic and jump back. You either plunk them with arrows, or you try and swipe them to death and hopefully don't get plagued. Because as I said, they show up considerably well before the miracle cure is in evidence.
A lone spider isn't too bad. You can range it, hit it with arrows, or hop around and kill it by staying off the ground. But as Bryant said, arrows often hit interceding targets, and since enemies can't hit each other, it also means that webs can go through them. This, like a gremlin being immune to damage while it retreats, simply defies logic. Either a spider's web should be able to paralyze enemies between you and the spider, or it should simply fail if there's an enemy between you, or else you should have a way to somehow hit enemies behind a foe that's directly in front of you.
To that end, I would love to see bombs or torches or holy water or some sort of...incendiary device. The sort of thing you don't get dozens and dozens of, but you chuck it to one side or the other, it explodes, and does damage to anything nearby. If they were semi-rare, then the damage could be considerable, and this would give you a way to potentially hit multiple enemies at once.

Incidentally, it seems like most enemies except maybe a zombie or a statue  will actually outrun you when you're on the ground. Ever considered lowering the walking speed of enemies in general so you have at least a -prayer of outrunning them? Not by a lot, necessarily, but even a little would count for something, I think. Bats and rats should still outquick you, for certain.

Yeah, there are a lot of issues I've been pointing out. Hopefully no one's taking it personally. I have a keen eye for what I see as discrepancies and issues. Always have.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-11-04 10:34:35

I'm just realy surprised how difficult people seem to take the game for. If you have such issues with level 4 on easy, I already regret you when you get to level 10. :-D
I would love to be able to record the remainder of the walk-through I started in the other topic. Might be able to do like 3 or 4 levels today if all goes well.

Certainly do jump over the spiders though. If you need to retreat from them or get to their other side, there's no other chance. Jumping over most of the enemies above level 4 or 5 is practically a necessity. If you are in the air, their attacks have a much, really noticeably much greater chance of missing, and if you jump up quickly again after you've landed, they won't have enough time to react and attempt another attack. That way, you can comfortably get as far from them as you need. Just make sure you time the jump right as not to fall directly in front of them and within knife range, that's not good as it decreases your own chances of avoiding the enemy.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-11-04 18:43:28

Which is what I try to do. The issue is when you have falling rocks in the way that mean you pretty much have to slow down inorder to have afair chance of avoiding them, at which point any enemies behind you have a chance to catch up to you. As I said I don't think even those wall lasers in Super Liam, and I hate those things with a passion, gave me nearly so much trouble. Then again as I said before, the don't inflict nearly so much damage a pop.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-11-04 19:03:31

I agree about the rocks. They're the perhaps somewhat artificially factored difficulty that's supposed to occur in such places. However, if there is just a single rock and not a row of them, it should still be manageable. Basically, if you can hear multiple enemies behind the rocks and they haven't reached or started chasing you yet, try to lure them to you one by one by walking as close to the rocks as possible very, very slowly. That way, there's a great chance that the enemy who is in the lead of the group will notice you first and chase after you alone, without the rest of them. If you hear that is the case, just take a few jumps back away from the rocks, let the enemy get closer, and bye bye. :-)

That's the reason why I usually find it better to walk very slowly and cautiously, listening very hard to what's far ahead of me all the time, through these parts of a level that I haven't explored yet whenever I'm low on health or am just very concerned about losing a life in a particular spot. On the other hand, there are also often times when I don't have to care about that very much and it could on the contrary be advantageous to run as far as possible as quickly as possible, to get as many creatures as I can chasing me at once, if I am just interested in reaching the next checkpoint before dying, or something like that. By the time you reach that checkpoint and die in the process, there's a great chance you'll have at least some of the currently present enemies killed, and when you respawn at the checkpoint, they'l be ahead of you in most cases, not behind, so you'll find yourself in a much better position strategically when starting over with the next life.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-11-04 23:53:00

And then the enemies that were behind you can gang up on you and beat you up. Or te bird bomber can keep its distance while dropping a bomb that'll instakill you. True you can use arrows to deal with that but there aren't really that many available. And anyway I would think he would have one quiver to hold all his arrows rather than bunches of individual pouches. Talk about an artificial difficulty factor right there.

2015-11-05 01:51:01

That's right. If you use this tactic, you should of course never leave any enemies remaining behind you if at all possible. :-D
By the way, I wonder if I've ever had a bomber actually drop his bomb. Yeah, if I try to attack the bird and don't get it while there are plenty of other enemies around, then I'm sure in trouble as the bird can just get farther away from me and drop the bomb in that case. And sure, it's sometimes difficult to jump back away from the bomb in time. But other than that, if I'm facing a bomber who's alone, he can usually never drop the bomb in time.
The key to avoiding enemy attacks or even not giving them enough time to attack is just to keep on moving in a swarm of enemies. If that's not possible because of rocks or holes, then yeah, there are bound to be several places like that in the game. For me personally, if such spots weren't there at all, the regular game levels would present absolutely no challenge at al to me any more. On easy or normal, that is, I'm not enough of a masochist to play the harder difficulties as things are at the moment.
Lukas

2015-11-05 01:54:51

What's the difference between having a single quiver for all the arrows rather than individual pouches, other than cosmetic? To reload the bow, you don't need to find the arrow pouches in the inventory or anything like that. So that wouldn't have any influence on the actual count of arrows that are available to you anyway, if I got your point.
Lukas

2015-11-05 04:27:10

i think he means the reloading the bow ups the difficulty or something.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-11-05 04:53:52

this may have been answered.  but i will re ask if it has.    there is the one area ware she says, "this cliff is too big to jump.  find another way over it."  exactly how can you do that?

2015-11-05 07:14:38

Uh, I haven't found any part where it says that.

And yeah, I think he meant artificial difficulty manufactured by having to reload the bow. Realism would say it's a bow, you should have to load every shot, but realism in this case would be overkill.

I would love to see grounded enemies be able to fall into holes, or get squished by rocks when they fall. Q9 did this. q9 also got partway around its difficulty curve by having the Deus Shield, which let you go invincible for awhile. Ultimately, the only thing which really broke that game were those fields you could randomly get or lose health in. Hop up and down on one till you get thousands of health, then run.

But The Gate doesn't have splash damage. Its only quote-unquote bonus level is really, really late into the game. Some enemies can insta-kill you. There's no way to improve your armour or go invincible for brief periods. Falling-rock positioning is not exact. You can be poisoned before you have the antidote. One-shot-kill enemies can appear almost right on top of you. Enemies can paralyze you. ...all on level 4 of the easy difficulty. I hope I don't have to further illustrate the issues here. q9 and Super Liam might be too easy, by comparison, but they do outline some key points I think Aaron might do well to re-examine.

BTW, I can beat SuperLiam without getting hit (or I could once) and I have beaten q9 on the hardest difficulty, albeit with that huge-life trick. I can beat the latter game on normal and hard difficulties without egregious abuse of that trick, so I wouldn't label myself bad at side-scrollers.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-11-05 08:09:01

I agree with jade here. I managed to beet the demo yesterday, but it took everything, and I mean everything that I had. I ended with 1 life, no arrows, and just my sword as a weapon.

2015-11-05 10:49:04 (edited by Hrvoje 2015-11-05 11:07:03)

Ah, finally, beaten the game. The Hades was damn hard, even on easy. It took me many retries and I lost my last 9 lives to defeat him. I finished with 1 life remaining and about I think 3 arrow pouches.
And the ending is, omg, sad! It just makes you feel like a loser, and not like a winner.

2015-11-05 16:40:56

I wonder, is the game ending different if you beat it on higher difficulties? I know that it's the same for Easy and Normal.

2015-11-05 19:08:42

its probably the same, at least that's what I'd expect from the content from vg storm so far.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-11-06 03:29:46

I agree with Jade, particularly about grounded enemies being able to fall into pits or get crushed by rocks. Nor should they be immune to the Bird Bombers' boms if they happen to be caught in the blast radius. As for reloading the bow I would think he'd do it automatically the way Link presumably does in every Legend of Zelda game.

2015-11-06 08:13:32

actually, there was 1 time that I was fighting enemys near a bird, and the bomb went off and they all vanished. They probably got killed by the bomb or something.

2015-11-06 13:25:18

I've never been able to get that to happen.