2015-10-24 22:05:54

ugh crap, i went wrong this time? oh heh never mind, i'm gonna try again now. let's see if it works.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-10-24 23:41:25

Besides, that's where you go to get the weapon that makes killing Vampires easier.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2015-10-25 00:35:51

yai I pass that level now, and also got the rod rod rod!:):):)
I actually agree with posts above, about too many instant kill in this game. It's rather frustrated especially for starters to keep dying by stupid attacks, or ever ghost without having time to react. I have an idea for balloon, at least. Making it explode, dramaticly decrease your health and poison you would be kinder than one blow down like that

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-10-25 02:14:11

Aaron, the one talking about infinite mode.
Actually, infinite mode should remain unlocked even if you restart your primary save file. It is in the main menu, directly below load game.
But you won't have unlocked it if you beat it on easy mode.
It is a normal mode only feature.
Best,
Aaron

2015-10-25 04:33:18

check it out.  number1, thanks for yet another awesome title and challenge and this game will most assurredly be purchased by  me.  number 2,   theres nothing like an awesome challenge.   i played this demo and don't at all regret downloading it.   perhaps there may be a sequal?   i hope so.   i do kind of wish that there were more then 10 levels but never the less its awesome challenge and werth the purchase and can't wait.

2015-10-25 11:06:36 (edited by EternalGamer 2015-10-25 11:12:39)

Hi!
Potential spoiler question ahead:
Just to be completely sure on that one point: Does Hades' health indeed reset when I lose a life? That is, are all my arrows for him up to that point essentially wasted?
If indeed it is so, then I'd need to change my strategems for him dramatically.
One thing I really like about this game, by the way, is the fact that after a certain point it becomes a matter of sharpening certain reflexes and, well, you might call them idioms, or gestures. That's what I mean by strategems. For example: Ghost ambush from behind equals jump turn slice.
Finally dealing actual damage to Hades and he's started summoning ghosts. Hope this is a good sign.
Kind regards,
E G

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2015-10-25 12:19:35

the current phase health resets, luckily, so you didn't completely waste your arrows.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-10-25 12:43:37 (edited by EternalGamer 2015-10-25 12:44:28)

I hear him bleding! I hear him bleeeeeeeeding! Soon, o so very soon ...
Wow, the things this game brings out in me.

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2015-10-25 14:35:45

Good job, and good luck! I haven't beaten the game yet. Will try after i wake up again lol

2015-10-25 15:59:45

O one more spoiler question folks if you don't mind:
In the phase where he summons ghosts, could anyone point me in the direction of what the trick is to prevent jumping into a ghost when trying to jump over the boss? I often find myself wanting to jump over him but there are one or two ghosts right behind him. This happens when he's nearly down from what I can tell, and I am running out of arrows, so I cannot meaningfully lose a life there if his health would then reset.

2015-10-25 17:21:47

Folks,
I bow my head in utmost respect before this developer. The ending had me literally in tears. This never happened to me before. What an intense experience. This game is amazing beyond description, diabolical beyond belief, and one of its kind beyond doubt. Never before has a game managed to evoke in me that depth of despair, hope, dread, eagerness, and, in the end, metaphysical disgust at the meaninglessness of existence. What literature failed to bring out in me for thirty years, this game has managed to produce. Good thing that, in the final analysis, it's only a game. Here's to real life. Here's to better worlds. May the powers of good prevail, and may there always be real heroes.
Kind regards,
E G

2015-10-25 17:42:02 (edited by ogomez92 2015-10-25 17:42:23)

Spoiler question
How am I supposed to hurt hades? He just shouts at me something about being immortal and summons fireballs and hounds. Sword, bow, etc don't do anything. what am I doing wrong?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-10-25 17:56:27

kill his doggy then you can harm him

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-10-25 19:37:55

I thoguth I killed him already oh well

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-10-25 21:07:57

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
You will know when the dog is down because priests will appear.

2015-10-26 01:12:16

Hi,

I'm now on the level with Carmilla. (From what I've read here, this would be the first encounter.) Anyway, I've been hitting her with everything, including wasting my arrows and using the lightning rod, but I just can't seem to defeat her. I usually end up getting hit, and eventually it's game over for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kelly

2015-10-26 02:09:12

Man infinite mode is actually sort of fun. I'm on the third "boss" level and It's really hard to win. I first was given a bat that moved faster than the normal gremlins, but I lost all my lives fighting the thing. I reloaded and was instead given a dog, but I coulnd't beat that either because the area was too small so it would trap me against a wall and then give me a bite. 3 bites does me in and I can't kill it by the third time I traverse the field. Fun times.

2015-10-26 10:10:08

hi how to kill hadies? I hit them many times but he not die

2015-10-26 16:05:48

Possible
spoilers
for
the
whole
Folks, how on Earth do you manage to beat Hades on normal? I've tried perhaps even more times now than when I was originally stuck with him on easy before the 1.01 update was released, and still no luck.
I am able to get up to the phase where he starts opening holes in the floor, then I'm stuck and can never proceed any further. I have killed his dog (probably Kerberos as that thing launches fireballs at you), the priests, the diabolic creature (Satan, Satan), and I haven't had the ghosts yet. I can avoid the holes themselves without any issue and I can usually tell all his attacks. The only attack I'm having difficulties avoiding is the one that throws you all the way across the area, either at the staircase or at the gate. Sometimes he even manages to freeze me, which is bad as the char stays frozen for way too long and he then either adds the attack that deals like 60% health damage, or he launches the throwing attack and boom, there goes a life.
Even though I have about 20 lives left and start with 16 arrow pouches where I don't use a single arrow on Carmilla, it's still not enough to beat this stupid god. :-)
I guess my problem is timing my moves and judging distances right to hit him enough times with the sword. The weapon's minimal range seems to be getting in my way.
So, does anyone perhaps have any tips on how to get him reliably on normal? This is really beginning to frustrate me to no end. :-)

Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-10-26 16:35:45

I would empty those arrow pouches in to him. That keeps you far away from all his attacks except for the charge attack that sounds like Carmila's attack. 15 arrow pouches should be plenty to take him down

2015-10-26 16:57:54

Hello, everybody, I now defeat hades on normal difficulty and unlock the Infinite mode. I reach Camilla reappearance with 40 lives and 42 Arrow pouches. Thank for information you all have shared in this forum, the one who makes the final boss record. Sincerely, Vireak.

2015-10-26 18:07:30

What is infinite mode?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-10-26 19:09:28

Of course, but do you recommend not to spend the arrows on the dog and the priests? The problem is that I can usually bring him pretty low on health but then he gets me. I have like 8 angel breaths but I usually spend them in one life too, as I try to survive for as long as possible without losing a life as to hurt him as much as possible in one go.
The priests are pretty challenging to me too. Before I get them all, they usually heal all the damage I've done to him, and I try to hit them with the arrows too as that seems to be the fastest way to get rid of them.
Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-10-26 21:53:23

the trick with the priests is to hit him once with the sword, that lures them over to him, which is probably close to where you are, then you can hit and kill them. Really, it boils down to hearing all the sounds. The difficulty curve in the hades fight comes from hearing loads and loads of sounds, and having to figure out which ones you care about. Like if hades launches a close attack but you're far away, you have to learn to ignore that sound, and vice versa. I don't really think that's a robust difficulty device, but it is what it is.

2015-10-27 03:57:07

i can kill him witch sword? my arrow is empty!