2015-10-17 07:24:28

What should your zombie kill percentage be, before you even consider playing online?

2015-10-17 17:05:05

That doesn't matter at all. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-10-18 02:21:05

When you're out of the safe zone and hunting zombies, if you load your field kit, and then you activate it, do you have to do anything else to be healed?
I activated mine, and it didn't seem to be raising my health at all.

2015-10-18 02:39:29

Mirage, that should be all you need to do.  So you used the ~ key to equip your field kit, you press R to load med kits into it, and then you click to "fire" and use a med kit on yourself correct?

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-10-18 04:40:55

OH, that's what I didn't do. I didn't "fire" it.
Thanks Aprone.

2015-10-18 06:26:41

I can get the zombies centered easily enough, but the problem I have is to know when to start shooting at them, or rather, how close they are to me.  I waste a lot of ammo because of this.
Does anyone have tips for this, or is it just a knowledge that comes along with game time?
Also, do the zombies behave differently from one another depending on type?
I read the manual, but didn't see these answers there, although . . as big as the Swamp encyclopedia is, I may have just missed it. :-)

2015-10-18 06:39:32

hi. firstly, yes different zombies act different. as for shooting, practice, practice, praaaaaactice. ahaha

2015-10-18 06:43:13

Hi. I like the game!!! But i have no Mouse for the moment. Cann i only play with a Keyboard?

2015-10-18 09:29:41

you can, though it's not as easy to aim by keyboard. a mouse offers better aiming abilities. but to do it with the keyboard, you'd have to asign keys to turning and such.

2015-10-18 16:37:21

I have the patch version 3.6C.  When I tried to go online, it sid I need 3.6D.
Can anyone tell me where to find that?
I downloaded the patch file from Aprone's Dropbox link, but I think that was the 3.6C version.

2015-10-18 18:37:02

That's odd, I thought the server was running 3.6 B.  It's been a while since I've released the last game patch, but I don't remember there being a C or D.  To anyone else on here, can you see what version you're running?  I don't have Swamp on my laptop to check.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-10-18 20:25:02

hi,
I'm using currently this patch
and it's working fine
version 3.6 b
get it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aydtegmcltrta … h.zip?dl=0

2015-10-19 04:53:12

I finally made it online. :-)
Now another question.
Do zombies spawn at certain times?
I could hardly find any on the map.
Also, I found no loot at all.
Does it drop at a certain time, or is it just dependent on how many players have been on a given map?

2015-10-19 05:05:50

Mirage, zombies and loot both spawn randomly each time a zombie is killed or loot is picked up by someone.  Because of how this works, places where many people frequently travel will tend to have less zombies and loot.  Someone, or multiple people, probably already killed the zombies and picked up the loot in the area you were in.  If you travel further, I'm sure you'll start to find some.  Eventually you'll wander into a place where no one has been recently, and there will be a lot of loot and zombies.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-10-19 05:09:14

Ok, thanks.
Also, when I check my score, it says I have X amount of reputation, say 111 for example.  But when I go to the safe zone to buy things, it tells me I only have 55 reputation.  Is that how it's supposed to be?  Does the game not allow you to use all your reputation to buy equipment?

2015-10-19 05:28:34

Hmm, the numbers are supposed to match.  The server and client are just disagreeing about how much reputation you're supposed to have, and once you go into the safe zone to buy something the server's number is what is used.  I'll look into why the client is coming up with an incorrect number.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-10-22 14:44:11

Quick question. I am wondering if the full version on the web site is v 3.6b. I know the patch is up there. I got v3.5 on my computer.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-10-22 17:47:55

hi,
that's correct current version 3.6 b

2015-10-22 20:30:22

Hi,
something is very odd here. When I try to connect to the game, the client tells me I'm running version 3.6C, even it should be 3.6B. It tells me I'm not running the same version as the server and that I should update, the patch is already installed however. When I try to connect again after the update message, the game tells me that the server is offline. Any ideas here?
And my little rant for today: How comes that every game I'm trying to play today doesn't work? tongue
End of rant.

2015-10-22 20:35:33

The same thing happened to me.
When I downloaded the patch from Dropbox, it gave me 3.6C.
Have a look at post 1312, where Revan gives the link to download the patch for 3.6B.
If you download and install that one, you should be fine.
Hope this helps.

2015-10-22 20:55:09

Hi,
thanks, now I can connect. But the game is all weird. Every time I equip my axe, half the game keys stop working. I can't change or reload weapons, I can't walk or shoot. I can go into the savezone menu, which tells me I have reputation without any number at all when I try to get something. What's wrong here?

2015-10-22 20:55:29

Ok... I check out the answer my quick question. This might be wrong, but if new user wishes to play swamp, they would first have to get the v5 from the site and then get the patch. Of cource there is the ooption of someone extracting the patch and applying it to the version 5 and zipping that version back up again and sharing it. Now to see if the patch I have is correct when i have time later to play... I will check the link if it doesn't work. I used getright get the patch off aprones website.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-10-22 23:07:53

Hi,
just a quick note that I banned the weirdness I described from the game by using the checkup.exe. big_smile
I still have an empty inventory slot though, and one of the weapons shows up with an absolutely rediculous number in the donation menu, something like 3 trillion or something. big_smile I could donate them endlessly, but I get no reputation for them which is perfectly fine, since I don't own them anyway. I think it was the MP240 or something? Don't kill me if I got the name wrong, it's late here and I'm quite sleepy already. big_smile

2015-10-23 01:54:04

The really strange thing is that there is no version 3.4C.  B is the latest version.  Are you guys sure you aren't misunderstanding the synth voice when it says B, and thinking it is saying C?

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-10-23 03:51:50

At least on my end, it clearly said C.  I checked it just before I installed the "correct" patch, and it said C.  Then after I installed the patch, it said B.
Maybe the zombies are messing with your computer, Aprone.  Heheheheh.