2015-08-01 11:01:39

Hey, Rachel, is it normal for held items to disappear after a while? Because I gave my Butterfree a Silver Powder and it vanished after a few battles. I'm starting to worry that the items gained via Pickup vanish after a few battles if I don't grab them in time.

2015-08-01 21:22:38 (edited by daigonite 2015-08-01 21:22:55)

Hm, strange, I'll have to look into that. I probably won't need a save file but I'll let you know if I can't replicate it. What position was Butterfree in your party when that happened?

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2015-08-02 09:46:14

...I don't remember which position he was in. I think I did something similar with an Ex Accuracy way back when and it disappeared after a bit too. That file's long-gone, though.

2015-08-04 12:51:46

It's alright. I'll investigate for that bug too.

In the meantime, I have a question. I'm building Silph Co. and I need to know what kind of sound the teleporters should make when you approach them. But I have no idea what sound this should be! Any suggestions?

2015-08-04 14:27:42

Hello all! Daigonite, you can use the same sound for Abra's teleport move. It is a teleportation sound after all, and it is already inside the game.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-08-04 18:24:29

That's not really going to work. You know how certain objects, like the people and doors, make certain sounds as you approach them? It needs to loop, so having that sound loop over and over would be loud and distracting.

2015-08-06 17:09:48

hmmm daigonite, you can use a constant pseoduo wind sound, like a portal for the teleports? Or a computer chiptune sound.

2015-08-07 01:37:25

Would a kind of humming be too distracting for anyone? The humming would have to be a nice pitch and very slightly dissonant like an electrical hum, but without the zappy sounds. This isn't a force-field, after all, it's a portal. Conversely, a looping whoosh that's not too loud but loud enough to be heard would also be good.

2015-08-07 20:04:42

Hey, Rachel, would it be possible to introduce the Hoenn Berries in the Johto postgame? The berries in Gold/Silver/Crystal were kinda lame compared to the ones in Hoenn, but there are a lot of them, so I understand if the answer's no.

2015-08-09 22:33:09

Hey I was wondering why you can't take the other foscle in Mount Moon. I looked it up, and the second one looked alot cooler it was a sort of ice pokamon.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2015-08-09 23:06:55

In the regular games, you can only take one fossil: either the helix or dome fossil depending on which one you select.  The helix fossil yields Omanyte, and the dome fossil yields Kabuto.  I'm not sure which one you're talking about.  Both Pokémon are rock/water types.

Lelouch vi Britannia, at your service.

2015-08-09 23:28:05

There is a Rock/Ice fossil, but it's only new—just released in the sixth generation—so it's not going to be in this game.

2015-08-09 23:59:02

It said it was in the red and blue vertion though. I think it should be it be awesome!

2015-08-10 00:00:03

Also it doesn't even give you a choice it just says do you want this one. If you say no you don't get the other.

2015-08-10 04:57:24

There are no rock/ice types in existence until gen 6.  As far as the game not giving you a choice, when you say no to the first, you just have to walk over to the other one and enter on that instead.  It should give you the same yes or no question as the first.

2015-08-10 06:21:09

How do you know where the other one is though if it doesn't say what they are?

2015-08-10 06:32:30

Just listen to the name of the fossil.  It'll read the name for each one respectively. If it says helix, it's Omanyte; if it's the dome fossil, it's Kabuto.

2015-08-10 21:31:56

Also, they're close together, but not on top of each other, so you could also just take a couple steps to the left.

2015-08-10 23:17:51

Ah thanks!

2015-08-14 19:47:19

Hey Rachel, is it possible you could have a sound for when attack fails because of Paralysis? Quite a few times, I haven't known the Pokémon was fully paralysed until the announcement was given because the attack I tried to perform still played its sound. You have one for sleep, sooo...

2015-08-14 20:09:53

Hmm, I don't think there's a sound yet but I did change it so that if a Pokemon doesn't inflict damage it doesn't make a sound.

2015-08-16 12:55:01

i love this game and am a pokemone freak and was since i was sighted! so lets try this thing! go me! #pokenird!

2015-08-20 23:36:27

So random thing I'm working on, I'm adding flavour text on all the maps so that you guys can get a better mental image of the world around you while playing the game. Just some more immersion. I'm also working on getting more translation strings in the game so that the translations can be better.

2015-08-21 02:15:43

Hello all! Daigonite, may I suggest an alteration on how the coordinates are being used?
By playing the pokemon Crystal with the PCA scripts I found it alot easier to be able to scroll back and forward between the various options of places. Having another key to repeate the selected location would make things even better.
Let me give an example. We could use s to check our current coordinates as it is right now, d for scrolling back through the list and g for scrolling forward. A key like f could be used to speak the current selected location and have the coordinates spoken again. What do you guys think?
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-08-21 04:41:03

I actually agree with this one, though I don't know how easy or hard it would be to implement. It's a bit frustrating to listen through all the possible exits in, say, Rock Tunnel, when I'm in the middle and just want to know the one relevant to me. And every time I press "d", every single thing is listed out and I have to sit through that list several times over just to listen out for one place.