2015-07-21 18:11:45 (edited by daigonite 2015-07-21 18:26:33)

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was...

In Pokemon Gold and Silver, you start off in New Bark Town in Johto. You go through a lot of events, getting 8 gym badges and even beating the Elite 4 before getting to Kanto. Afterwards there are few events in Kanto that are really comparable to Johto since Kanto is technically a post-story mode region. You can still catch all sorts of new Pokemon and all that jazz but for the most part it's a lot leaner than the Kanto that Blue/Red offered.

So, in essence, Braillemon is the reverse of this. A lot of the fat from Gold and Silver will be trimmed because it is effectively a post game mode, and while it won't be completely barren, it won't be an exact copy of what G/S/C has to offer either. However I will promise that I still intend on having many of the events from Gold and Silver in there, as well as some new ones.

In regards to a dark gym, why not have a custom character with a dark team instead? Besides of course that one Elite 4 member from Johto who has dark types. Its just that 17 badges is a pretty ugly number, lol. But yeah, Dark is one of my favourite types and it goes perfectly with the theme of blindness, pun fully intended, so why not throw in another character? Lol. Maybe this will be Kyle's replacement.

Part of the reason why I'm iffy about including the Sevii islands is because a lot of the reason why they exist is because it was just easier to put that in instead of Johto. For example, the Ruins of Alph, which are in Johto, are replaced by a different puzzle on the Sevii Islands in order to collect the Unowns.

Regarding inaccessible puzzles, I tend to redesign them (similar to what I just did with the Rocket Hideout) so that they're more accessible. Ice Path will definitely be redone, as with the puzzles in Ruins of Alph. Maybe throw in some Braille since it is Unown after all!

Edit: The video is just showing the current state of the current release. It was made to raise awareness to the project in the sighted community. My last preview video was back from the days of like... 0.0.0.7 or something.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2015-07-22 00:08:18

from playing it on crystal i think the first 6 or 7 gems were quite easy to get to eg. not many hard puzzles you had to go through.  This may help stimulate putting most of those paths in there and modifying the unknowns or I like your idea of using braille.  I think nintendo used it in one of there later games, maybe ruby?  Anyways keep up the hard work.

2015-07-22 05:27:59

Hello.
although I do not like the idea of a type Pokémon gym darkness, because it never appeared in the original games.
I mean that gym created, Rachel should be the gym leader.
That is my humble opinion.
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-07-22 12:33:38 (edited by pelantas 2015-07-22 12:35:20)

hello

i can confirm that ruby/sapphire and emerald made use of the braille signs. they did this at the puzzles of the regi's. at younger age i was wondering what signs that were, since i never got experience with blind people and their signs. but now i am blind myself i know that that was braille.

@daigonite

I am very, very glad you are in the race again and will continue the development of braillemon. I followed this topic with great interest and was feeling sorry to hear about your personal issues.
I am very glad you're back and i check this topic every day.

keep up the good work.

but only one question. is the soundpol bug, what happened in this version at certain points like mount moon, already fixed? since i can't believe that version 1.4.0.0 has been released this april. that was much earlier wasn't it?

hope to hear from you soon.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2015-07-22 12:45:39

Well, I look forward to Brailemon's version of Johto anyways. Still wonder what will happen with the other regions, if file size means you can only put two in this game, but I might be misunderstanding. It happens. smile

2015-07-22 15:12:17 (edited by daigonite 2015-07-22 15:14:37)

Braille in the original Ruby/Sapphire games were used as a sort of ancient language. For people who don't know really anything about braille it looks like a secret language or something, especially since there are modifier characters that don't exist in regular print.

File size isn't really a concern (I'm going to be frank, if I had the time I could trim Braillemon's file size quite a bit, although that would take a long time to fix some really ugly code back when I first started). The concern is more to do with the "fluidity" of the game. You want to keep all your old Pokemon that you raised throughout your adventure, but at the same time, you also want to meet new regions with a lot of challenge. I can provide that challenge by making it so that post game trainers use a level determined by the average of your pokemon party, but once you hit level 100, all you can really do is go back to raising old Pokemon again. This basically means that most of the challenge is lost if you extend the game too far.

However, if I add online content and provide additional Pokemon and Moves in the regions of Kanto and Johto (and possibly the Sevii Islands) combined it would add a lot of content. At that point though I may aim to provide a donation based subscription service since that's going to require me to start getting hardware for servers and stuff.

One possible idea is to use the Sevii Islands instead as a place to have Hoenn Pokemon, although I will need to insert all of the new Hoenn moves first, as well as update all movepools to adjust. Maybe throw in some new TMs as well. There's also the possibility of online pokemon distribution, which also allows me to release Pokemon with hidden abilities (which is already programmed in the game) or with really good moves (Destiny Bond Prankster Murkrow will be the bane of any opponent's existence)

2015-07-22 19:41:54

what does destiny bond do again?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2015-07-22 20:17:50 (edited by daigonite 2015-07-22 20:18:22)

Destiny Bond makes it so that the next attack that faints the Pokemon that used Destiny Bond right after the move's activation faint.

So basically, if I use Destiny Bond, and the other Pokemon uses an attack that causes me to faint, they faint too. But if I use another move after that, it clears Destiny Bond, so if I use Destiny Bond, and the attack doesn't kill me, and then next turn I use something else, if I faint, the enemy won't faint.

Think of it as their "destinies are bound together", so if one is "destined" to faint, the other one does too.

Prankster is a hidden ability that gives added priority to status moves like Destiny Bond so that it will many times move first if the user has priority. Think a move like Quick Attack, but for all status effect moves. Pretty damn broken if you ask me.

2015-07-22 23:05:21

Hello.
Rachel is right. Pokémon games always have two regions at most.
More than 2 regions would dull the game because the maximum level of a Pokémon is 100.
Greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-07-23 04:43:17

Okay, I can understand that.

When you think about it, Hoenn and Sinnoh would work well together, as they're still in the same island group, sort of. Unova has two sets of games set after one another, so that wouldn't be a problem. Given how long that would make it, I'd suggest Kalos get its own game, but that would mean waiting forever for Kalos mons, and there's no region to pair it up with...yet. by the time you get to that, there'll probably be at least one new generation, though, so who knows?

It would be kinda cool if you could set it up so a player could trade with themselves without having to be online, though that might be too much to hope for. If data files with the single Pokémon in them aren't that big, though, it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

2015-07-24 08:23:03

Question: I haven't exceeded the limit of one PC box, but is it possible to get another one if you fill one up? I've heard people on the mainstream forums talk about multiple boxes full of bred Pokémon, but I don't know if that's possible in Braillemon right now.

2015-07-24 11:29:59

Hi all, I'm stuk on braillemon. I don't know how to use bagges abilities, like cutting trees or flash ability. what I Have to do?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2015-07-24 16:08:46

First, you need to have the move. Cutting trees needs the move "Cut", which is taught by H M 01, Flash needs the move "flash" ect. Once you've taught your Pokemon this move, go to the pokemon menu, and select a pokemon. Once you do, the H M moves will be available. However you need certain badges in order to use certain moves.

When using the following abilities: Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Whirlpool or Waterfall - you can go next to the object that is in your way, right up next to it, if you are, simply interact with it and you'll have the option to use the H M if you have the proper badges.

2015-07-24 17:31:53

and where can I learn this move? I'm stuck at survilian city, and I can't go back. on route 4 is a tall grass part, and I can't go back. I need some help. thancs!

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2015-07-24 18:23:36 (edited by daigonite 2015-07-24 18:27:10)

razvitasca wrote:

and where can I learn this move? I'm stuck at survilian city, and I can't go back. on route 4 is a tall grass part, and I can't go back. I need some help. thancs!

You get Cut on the S S Anne in Vermilion City. Have you done the following?

- Obtained the S S Anne ticket from Bill (this is on the route north, not in Cerulean City).
- Beaten Misty.

If you haven't done both of those things you will not be able to proceed past visiting Vermilion City.

You obtain Cut after completing the S S Anne. However, you can still leave Cerulean after defeating Misty by going to a house that is north of the Gym, completing the events in there, then traveling outside through the back (go up) and then you should be able to leave Cerulean by traveling right, then down, then left, then down again.

2015-07-24 18:30:17 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2015-07-24 18:31:58)

Okay, have you beaten the Cerulean gym? If you have, go up to Route 24/25. Hopefully you beat your rival up there and the trainers on those routes, and got the SS Ticket from Bill, 'cause you're gonna need it.
Done all that? Okay, next to the entrance to Route 24, there's a house. If you haven't beaten Misty in the gym, there's someone blocking the way to the house. If you have beaten Misty, the guy's gone, so go into the house. There's been a robbery and people are freaking out. Go through the back exit and you'll get jumped by a Team Rocket grunt. Beat him, and you'll get a tm for Dig.
Done that? Okay, now go as far right as you can in the yard behind the house, then move down. Stick to the wall like glue, because there's a ledge a couple tiles to your left, and if you jump down it, you have to go all the way back up to the house from the Pokémart. At one point, there'll be a tree and traffic sounds to your immediate right, but ignore them for now.
When you can't go down any further, turn left, and you'll start hearing traffic pretty soon. When you're right on top of it, you've reached the entrance to Route 5! Go down to get onto it, find the entrance to the Underground path, follow that to Route 6. Beat the trainers you'll meet there and head on into Vermillion City.
Your objective here is to get Cut. This is why the SS Ticket was important. It lets you onto the SS Anne, the ship moored in the Vermillion harbour. It's tricky to get to, but it's at the bottom of the map, so keep looking for ways down until you can't go down any more.
Beat all the trainers on the ship, including your rival, then enter the Captain's cabin. He's miserably seasick. Help him and he'll give you the Cut HM in gratitude. Teach it to one of your Pokémon who can learn it the same way you do with TMs, keep that mon in your party, and voila! You can use Cut to get rid of them pesky trees! One's blocking the way to the Vermillion gym, so you can't beat that before you finish the SS Anne. It is very important that you beat all the trainers on the SS Anne before helping the Captain, because once he's recovered, the ship sails, and that's several excellent opportunities for money and experience lost! The beds on the SS Anne will heal you, so you don't have to leave until you're done. smile
I also recommend you catch an extra Spearrow to trade for the Farfech'd in one of the houses in Vermillion. If you teach Cut to that, none of your main team members will have to sacrifice a move slot. smile

Hope this helped!

Edit: Ninja'd by the creator. Leaving this here in case it helps anyone because it took a while to write up. tongue

2015-07-24 19:11:21

Fun fact about that Farfetch'd - the reason why it makes that weird "twinkle" sound is because it has super high IV's. So really good for breeding too. Just thought I'd tell you about that little easter egg sort of thing *wink*

2015-07-24 20:46:55

I was wondering if you would throw a dousing machine in the game eventually to find all the hidden items in the game?  That would be cool and then you could create achievements on how many items a person has found and maybe win event pokemon like you described earlier like pokemon with different abilities.

2015-07-25 05:06:25

I can't wait to get a Pokémon with Pickup, personally. Be darned useful. big_smile

2015-07-25 11:16:21

Thancs for the help. Now the rock tunnel is cheating me. big_smile I will give it another try. the Rock pokemon is great. I have another question, how to evolve a pokemon? My charmender evolved when I beated the leader with the boulder bagge. But whant to evolve Picacu too.Sorry for my bad tiping for pokemon names.

2015-07-25 20:34:10

I implemented a dowsing machine that makes hidden items sound like regular items but quieter.

Also, Raz, Pikachu needs a thunderstone to evolve. If you can't find one, you can also buy them at the Celadon Pokemon Mart (it's really big and you can buy thunderstones on the 4th floor).

2015-07-26 05:19:26

For those interested in the Nuzlocke Challenge: it has its own wiki with a lot more detail than the Bulbapedia page.

2015-07-26 22:35:54

Hi

I check this game out a while ago, when it was only 2 or 3 months old, but never really got into it, because at the time it was a bit buggy and kind of limited, but looking at these posts makes me think that it's about time to try it again now that the game has matured farther, and since the development process has been ongoing instead of just stopping suddenly like allot of other audio games have.

Unfortunately, when I tried to get the game from the DB link in the first post, none of the download links on the page that it brought me to actually worked as links, even though the correct file was listed there, along with size information for it.

I made sure that java was aloud for http://www.dropbox.com and restarted my screen reader, then I tried turning on my local dropbox application, to make sure that this newest version didn't require it to be loaded while downloading from the website or something weird like that, but the links remained text only, even when I refreshed the page and later restarted my browser.

I suppose I could try IE or Chrome, with combinations of JAWS and NVDA just encase, but before I do that I just want to know if the issue is happening to anyone else, since I tried today again just to make sure it wasn't only yesterday, which would have made it dropbox's issue, but it was the same.

2015-07-26 23:20:49

Hay all, To get Braillemon without going to the dropbox site, just copy the link from properties on IE or using the copy link location on Firefox.
Once that's done, Paste the link into your address bar (F4 to get their) then change the 0 at the end to 1 and
Download window should open.

2015-07-27 05:17:30

Dropbox changed the way the site is set up. There's a download option I think near the top of the page. You click that and a dropdown list appears with an option to download as ZIP. I think it either appears directly below the thing you have to click or you have to scroll down to it. I promise it still works though! smile