2015-07-17 16:45:15

sanslash332 wrote:

The puzzle sounds very good ^^
But, comparing with the original, how many time take the dungeon to solve it?
Try to match the passing time, for have a similar experience in both games. And of course, the same amount of challenges in both games.

And more... nothing, all of things sound very good. waiting for more of braillemon!

That's not really an accurate way to measure it simply because blind people have to poke around an area first before actually going through. The way I designed this puzzle requires some trial/error and memorization similar to the original puzzle, and it's a somewhat similar rundown on how you have to bounce between the floors.

Spiraling Wyvern wrote:

So uh, wandering a certain building in Celedon City, I just thought of something.  Considering the group of people that are on that floor, Dagonite should totally put herself there as a bit of a joke to what the floor is for and battle you when you complete the Pokedex and get the reward from the designer.  She can be the lady who made all the accessibility changes for this incarnation of the game tongue

I've thought about it, the only reason why I haven't is because my favourite Pokemon is from Gold and Silver, and I wanted to have myself appear after you beat the game and gain access to the full Pokedex. Yes, the pokedex goes up to Celebi, not just Mew. I'm planning on inserting Johto as a post game thing although no guarantees - I might just do the Sevii islands as a substitute depending on how much work I think I can get done. Not sure yet.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2015-07-18 00:58:07

So we're essentially going to get Gold/Silver version...in complete reverse.  Sounds sort of neat. 

...Not sure if I said this but uh, Gold and Silver was not quite my favorite Generation of games.  The paths along the way were a lot less population on my perspective and I had to grind on Wild POkemon Way more than I did in the other games.   Though I do have a bunch of favorite Pokémon from that generation  (Houndoom being one of them).   

Okay, this issue was stated probably many times, though I have to find it funny how how the Daycare is a bit weird.  Ranging from thinks skyrocketing in price without leveling, to putting two POkemon in the Daycare and getting an egg immediately  (They got it on really really fast)  is amusing when trying just to swap out POkemon in there.

2015-07-18 05:41:32

I honestly can't wait for Johto! My favourite Grass Type starter (Chikorita) is from that region! And I love Umbreon too, and Blissey, and the Togepi line, and the Marill line, and I hope you can challenge the gyms and stuff because I wanna beat Whitney's Miltank! Okay, I"m a bit weird there.

The other regions have more of my favourites, like Milotic and Lucario and Absol and Altaria and a ton of others, but I'll have to wait for those. big_smile

I love a lot of Pokémon, okay?

2015-07-18 06:04:57

Uh, I thought Chansey was more popular than Blissey since Blissey loses the massive hp Chansey had, which made it a stall tank with toxic. 

Okay, I'm curious, what are the TMs based on with our current version.  First I thought it was based of Gen I tm's, but the Gym leaders and certain numbers do not exactly match the move they would of represent.  And I can't think which it might be.

2015-07-18 11:42:48

I think she's going by Gen II movesets as far as Level-Up moves are concerned. I dunno about TMs.

And honestly, I love most Pokémon and work out all sorts of ways to use them in battles. I write fanfictions and had to come up with lots of fan teams for different characters, and I don't like leaving any mons out, so I have many favourites and many I can appreciate. And I thought everyone hated Blissey because she kept killing their teams in competitive battles. xD

2015-07-18 13:20:23

Most of the TMs are the same as generation 2 except some stupid ones like Defense Curl and Detect were replaced with actually useful ones like Explosion or Swords Dance.

My plan for Johto is to have most of the events trimmed down since it will be post game, outside of the stuff Team Rocket gets involved with, and have all of the trainers have the Pokemon levels determined by what your party is. This means that regardless of who you're battling, it will still be somewhat of a challenge, regardless of how high you've leveled up your Pokemon. In addition you'll have access to 100 additional Pokemon and their unique abilities, of course some can still be found in Kanto like Houndour or Murkrow, but only in post game mode.

I also love Chikorita, although my favourite grass type is definitely Treecko smile

2015-07-18 21:41:11

I don't know, I found detect useful.  I encountered way too many imprison Pokémon that locked me out of protect at many times, ruining a stall tactic when I really needed to get rid of a target from the field via annoyance and toxic.  Though not sure if people run protect breaking (well ending) imprisons anymore these days.

I normally go for chansey ever since I realized Evolite was a thing.  I encountered way too many people using stuff like sandstorm, or other damage over time attacks that kind of nullified leftover's usefulness, and I rather have a boosted defense on a Chansey.   I also may or maynot have ran with a counter Chansey for those deciding to use physical fighting attaks on me tongue

Curious, those this means sort of like how Gold/Silver did with parties for the Kanto Gymleaders, will the ones over on the other end field teams of 5 or 6?  By the point a player gets over there, I think they're capable of handling nearly full teams with level raises.  Though finding a slightly diverse full team for ghost types and dragon types might be an issue.

2015-07-18 22:16:12

Well there's already a TM for Protect which does the same thing, has more PP and almost all pokemon can learn it. So yeah, Protect is superior to detect in almost every way lol.

I'm not exactly sure by what you mean by your question. I just meant that most of the trainers will have Pokemon with levels based on your own party, so the average level of your party rounded to the nearest number.

2015-07-19 00:23:21

Erm I meant the teams of Gymleaders.  I think I forgot to include that.  Be kin dof a bit o a disconnect if the first battle was against someone with only 2 Pokémon as the Gym Challenge at lv 65 or something.

No the usefulness of Detect kind of comes in when you play with others who a. hate rotect stalls and b.  Have access to a Pokémon with Imprison and protect.  Imprison and Detect is not usually something has one grouped but then again.  5 Detects is not a very good stall.

2015-07-19 00:26:28

Hello all
The truth that I have many favorite Pokémon of all generations.
But undoubtedly my favorite Pokemon is Charizard, I love it.
I always want very offensive and power pokémons, and fire are my favorite kind.
Too bad Blaziken is prohibited for official tournaments.
Greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-07-19 03:27:26

I love a lot of Fire Types too! My fave starters from each generation are Charizard, Meganium, Blaziken, Infernape, Serperior and Delphox. I also adore the Ninetales family. smile

But like I said, I love tons of Pokémon. As a wise fellow fanfic writer once said, "Any Pokémon can be valuable if you care enough to give value to it."

2015-07-19 04:45:26

Gasps, a small fire dragon like Charzard does not stand to the might known as a large turtle with cannons on its back to open water on its oes.  Also or a long while, Charzard had a huge kill me sign or rock types as it didn't honestly have a lot going for it to fend off rock types until it could learn focus blast.  Solar beam would require shifting your team around to fit in a sunny day user, or having Charzard use up a slot for that.  I guess there was options I you went with an attack build over special attack but eh, one unlucky setup you did not see coming (random stone edge anyone?) would usually result in a one hit knock out if you did not reliably cover all bases, or tried to make it it things faster.  I generally attempt to avoid using things with 4x weaknesses to something, as you never know what's going to pop from a hidden power, or a seemingly harmless matchup.  (Though charzard has some brutal options I going for the Y mega evolutions now)

Now for my favorite starters:  Blastoise, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Turtera, Samarot, and lastly Greninja.  Though I also dig Contrary Serperior since it's hilarious to greatly increase SP Attack by 2 stages using Lea Storm.

2015-07-19 11:09:57

Hello
all Pokémons have strengths and weaknesses.
Blastoise is very dim with electric type and the plant  type.
Greetings.

2015-07-19 12:21:59

There's a reason a lot of people love Charizard. IT LOOKS FRIGGIN' AWESOME. I'm totally blind and even I can appreciate that. Also, I watch the anime and Ash's Charizard had an AMAZING character arc. I also had a Charizard plush with a beany butt that I slept with for years as a kid. big_smile

2015-07-20 01:34:30

Considering Charzard gets a lot of attention on things and updates when something comes out, I can't argue it's a very popular Pokémon.  It also wrecks things hard. 

The only reason I did not enjoy the charzard line was that it was misery mode on Red/Blue version with a lot of things in the Gyms and Elite Four packing fire counters.  It's also a severe Glass cannon, especiallyw ith the duel weakness to rock.  Now rock my be slow and probably easy enough to knock out.  A overconfident person will probably try this, and find some of the many ways to nullify special attack or attack damage from a Charzard and probably make it go squish in one hit.  As well, my use of Charzard vanished when Stealth Rock was a thing.  A Charzard on a field with stealth rock, that had a rapid spin user knocked out or something to remove hazard leads to a Charzard that can get owned by undereffective attacks as I think a due weakness to rock leads to about half your hp vanishing.  (Does for my poor Volcarina...I like Volcarina but that hurts).  Without a field remover, you can't return Charzard as it will get owned by stealth rock/other applicable traps that can hit on re-send out.

But again, a fire breathing dragon with exploding powers = epic effects.

2015-07-20 04:36:42

Is a really problem the stealth rock issue, but with it's mega evolutions, charizard is a very viable pokemon. For that it is a unmovable pokemon from the OU tier.

mega charizard-x with a flare blitz is a really beast, and mega charizard y with it's sun it can knock out various water pokemon, and with it's other attack it can counter an cover various pokemon :3

But is really that it is a glass canon. Is hard do a swich in with a charizard, and don't receipt a massive damage.

But... well, is simply the issue of if a person loves or not this fire dragon, that is not a dragon xddd.

2015-07-20 14:14:20

"But I look like a dragon, therefore, I am one!"
Sorry, I'm on other forums besides this one and that particular quote sprang to mind. xD

2015-07-20 18:51:36 (edited by daigonite 2015-07-20 18:52:57)

Quick update: I finished most of what I wanted to do with the Rocket Hideout, I think I'm going to move forward with inserting Saffron City, for the most part.

I think with the next update I should be able to get a completed project, at least for Kanto. I know it sounds like a lot of work, and it is, but if you think about it, the only dungeons I have left to do is:

- Silph Co building (biggest challenge)
- Pokemon Mansion (on cinnabar)
- Seafoam Islands (shouldn't be too hard)
- Victory Road

And the other locations I need to insert are:
- 3 water routes (pretty simple, just freaking WATER lol with a couple of trainers
- Cinnabar Island
- Saffron City
- Indigo Plateau

And after that, I could make a final "Kanto" release. I still want to include access to Johto, but it will be trimmed down and it's NOT the Johto from Pokemon Gold (although I plan to have some of same events with team rocket). Post game access already has the new music and a few other things automatically activated, so then you'll be able to evolve certain Pokemon like Golbat or Chansey.

I don't know if at this time I'll be adding the Sevii Islands. I mean, I could and there's not a ton of events on these islands outside of trainers and certain dungeons but I don't understand the full point, if I'm programming Johto access as well as the Ruby/Sapphire thing not really being needed since it's single player.

On that note, I may also make a multiplayer option available as well, and possibly improve the graphics to try to attract sighted players to the project as well.

I also need to test the hell out of this release, I think I've really let you guys down on the testing department.

2015-07-20 19:51:17

would we be able to battle other players?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2015-07-20 19:57:08

Not in this update but you will be able to get all the gym badges and essentially beat the single player game. After that I could see how to make it so that you could play with other players.

2015-07-20 20:17:07

that would be fun. I can't weight to battle you.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2015-07-20 20:51:46 (edited by threeblacknoises 2015-07-20 20:56:17)

Hay Rachel, speaking of joto and the islands, I; for one; have no idea how the ruins of alph would work in braillemon, so if the islands were included, that could be how you activate the unown.
I have no idea what the ruins of Alph could do now, but having them do something original would be cool.
What do you mean not the same joto.
I can understand not including Ice Path, but I'll be happy if we can go to all the new towns and cities and battle all the other gym leaders.
Speaking of gym leaders;
I was running some calculations last night for my fanfic, and I noticed that GSC had a gym leader for every type except dark.
Maybe braillemon could have some way to battle an exclusive dark gym?
Yes yes, I know, each region can only have eight gyms, but maybe that could be the reason for going to the islands.
You could probably replace the trainer tower with it if you wanted.
Also, I might have said this before, but you might also be able to place the first sceen from the selebi event from hgss in braillemon.
I'm sure you can find a youtube video to get the text from.
it does give a little more back-story to team rocket and the GSC rival, and it takes place in an area you've already completed.
I'm still up for testing...
and that's it for now.
Good luck with the final Kanto update!
PS: What is this demo video on tumblr about?

2015-07-20 21:26:57

Hey Rachel!
I got a little question. Will you bring in this pathfinder-feature like Tyler did in the lua-scripts for the gameboy Pokemon crystal?
Yes, i know, it would make things maybe a little bit too easy sometimes. But i think, its up to everyone  to use it or not.

Keep up this awesome work! And take the time you need!
Very best wishes!

2015-07-21 00:41:32

Hello Rachel
The truth that I am very grateful for your work and enthusiasm towards this project, I congratulate you.
All that is great, good luck and I hope the update with much anxiety.
@threeblacknoises I do not share his idea. I think you have to follow the faithful adaptation Rachel is doing the original games.
I mean what kind dark gymnasium. Although it is just my opinion.
Greetings and thanks.

2015-07-21 03:48:41

I want to know what is meant by "not the same Johto" as well. I want to battle the gyms and have access to the starters!

Also, when you've completed this game, how are you going to handle Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos/any other regions they decide to add? Will you double them up like here? Because some of those games had really fun storylines I'd have loved to play through and after Gold/Silver/Crystal, each one has a completely different Villain Team with new motives.