2015-05-04 05:32:13

Aprone, is there any way to slow down the attack rate of zombies or something? Because I've began to notice the following. When you're being attacked and, say, trying to get to a weapon, it doesn't respond all the time. I pressed the #1 key a couple times which should get me to my machete, however it didn't cooperate. Following that, I tried to access my field kit, but it wouldn't load that either, leaving me to stand there and be attacked to death. I don't know if so many attacks per second overloads the server, but with all due respects please do something about this issue as it contributed to my death.
Thanks,
Steven.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-05-04 07:20:50

What's this?
You have 1 Ewok costume.
You have 2 Lightsaber.
You have 1 Stormtrooper helmet.
only donate?

Cristian.

2015-05-04 07:26:12

Chris, it is Star wars day.  May 4th.  May the fourth be with you.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-05-04 10:40:39

so, if it's starwars day, how do you get those things, loot or what, just curious

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2015-05-04 12:48:07

Starwars day? I got to login today some time then. LOL. Will I be able to find a blaster to donate? LOL. I am asuming that it is just for today. What time will it end and in what time zone is this time set in? LOL.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-05-04 16:07:04

Hi,
So I've just got around to getting a payed account, so will be a newb at this game again.  Looking forward to seeing you all on there.
I've got a problem though, the download link appears to be corrupt, as I've tried twice now and it just stops once about at half the size, and the other it got to about 500 mb.

2015-05-04 16:15:16

On the first post of this topic, you should find an alternate download link. You might also try switching browsers, as some people find Firefox downloads the game where Internet Explorer can't.

2015-05-04 16:23:16 (edited by dan_c 2015-05-04 16:29:08)

thanks for that.  I'm using firefox, so hopefully there should be no issue.
I just checked the post, only see one link there. will keep looking, maybe there's one somewhere else.

2015-05-04 16:44:12 (edited by dan_c 2015-05-04 17:20:54)

success!  it seems that after searching a fair way down and trying many failed links, criticview had one that still works.  I gave you a thumbs up for your trouble, so thanks buddy.
That one seems to be out of date though too, so just a heads up.  the patch didn't make it work either.

2015-05-04 17:37:00

Hi all!
I like to report a bug:
Only happens me with a character, and that is when I select a weapon (happens me when i select the sledgehammer or m79) my character walks more slowly.
This also happens when i'm using a damaged armor, but then changed my armor, and after i back to my damaged armor i return to my normal speed.
Best regards,
Cristian.

Cristian.

2015-05-04 18:20:19

Aprone, there's a tiny bug I've been meaning to mention. When I log in, I'm told to use shift-delete to delete a character, but on the Mac, that doesn't work. I suspect this is because Macs use backspace instead, and Swamp isn't picking up that key. Is it possible for an update to support both keys so this works on Macs? I know we're a small subset of players, but if this could be made to work, that'd be great. Thanks.

2015-05-04 19:40:37

Also, the reply command seems to be hit or miss at least for me.  A question, is there a map that has more loot then other maps?  Trying to rank up by looting.

2015-05-04 19:54:20

Not proportionally, but the smaller sub maps are best since their loot is closer together and thus faster to get to. Sub2 is especially good if you have a sheep, so you can just move from one side to the other without bothering with the bridge. Sub1 is nice because loot tends to pile up in certain areas, and it's easier to clear out large groups of zombies when the clump up in a hallway or mass on the other side of a wall, ripe for the grenading.

2015-05-04 20:56:27

Dan C, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the download.  If you still aren't able to get it, let me know and I'll see if I can host it in my dropbox for you.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-05-04 22:28:34

Mehgcap: Have you tried pressing FN shift backspace? Fn backspace is delete on the Mac.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-05-04 22:44:07

I logged in today to have a little fun. LOL. Anyway, here is the audio recording of me playing it today. It took me a little while to find some of the star wars stuff and the like. This is on map two. I guess I need to work on my shooting. LOL.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-05-04 23:18:29

I enjoyed listening to the recording CW.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-05-05 02:00:49

To all having trouble with the download:
I'd highly recommend you grab a copy of free download manager (www.freedownloadmanager.org) and use that instead of your web browser to download the file.
FDM supports resuming downloads, which means that where your browser is having  issues (because the connection to the server is being cut), the manager will be able to pause and resume downloading immediately.
Further, on my most recent attempt, I managed to get a really impressive download speed (10 mb/sec) using fdm, because of the way it downloads files.
All you need to do once the software is installed is:
ctrl n: new download
In the url box type:
www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/Swamp.zip
Select a location to save the file.
Select ok and the download will begin.
If you'd like to try to maximize download speed, alt tab to the fdm window, and go to download>advanced>grant all bandwith for this download.

2015-05-05 11:58:42

Hi.
I have played Swamp for very very long time and having taken some brakes from the game. But, I still feel that I'm pretty bad at the game, compared to others.
I can't solo the big missions without getting killed, I can't loot on map 3 4 and 5 without braking my weapons, then braking my armor and getting killed because of this. Is it just me WHO are really bad at the game? You WHO have like 300 Cans of fuel, all armor, all weapons etc. are you playing the game all day and night? I'm not complaining, but just wandering how I can be that bad at the game, always having something broken or make one mistake and then die cause of this.
Yes, I have put points into medium armor as suggested, but end up dieing. I have also tried high armor, but also died. It seems as Health is the way to go, at leased for me. But I still brake Things and die. But not so often. Maybe I just need more practice, I don't know. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-05-05 12:51:33

Nod SLJ, I'm having pretty much the exact same issues.
Well, a long time I self-styled myself the ultimate god of Swamp tongue but now I'm aboolute shit.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2015-05-05 14:37:42

My personal opinion is that you have to know the maps, and use your radar. That, and putting points in Speed, will let you run from anything if you have to. Remember that you can switch weapons on the go, so you can arm the M60 or some other powerful weapon as you flee the zombies, then whip around and take them out. You also have to know the maps so that, as you run, you can avoid getting stuck and can know where to go that would be relatively safe. The radar is important here, letting you avoid getting backed against some kind of obstacle.

Points are also vital, and everyone has their own preferred mix. As a level 137, I have speed and high armor both maxed out, then I put the rest into either health or the weapon I feel like using that day, depending on what I'm doing. Of course, maxing armor takes a lot of points, and some people like to use those to give them super powerful weapons, so they don't get hit as much. Or, they'll use them all for health, letting them take a lot of hits without much problem. It comes down to your playing style and what you plan to do that day. Yes, practice is a lot of it, but good weapons and careful point placement are equally important, as is getting to know your radar.

2015-05-05 15:32:41

Hi Aprone,
thank you for the offer.  However that download manager appears to have done the trick, so I can finally make use of my account. smile
see you guys in the swamp.

2015-05-05 19:04:17

Hi everyone.

Aprone, we players are very happy with the new changes in the swamp. It's great to have titles and find new weapons. I still have, but I'm running to get.
Thanks so much for these things.

But I need to report a problem that has happened.
The sounds of the items on maps and missions, is not at the same angle of the item. It is out of focus.

You hear the flies and runs towards the item, and passes inside the sound, but does not get the item. Goes one way, for others, and will not start.
When fai off the sound, hit the item by accident.

this is happening with the map items, and boxes in missions. The sound and the item are not in the same place
as before. And the sound of the zombies, is also delayed. ~ And you hear the zombie coming. It looks like he's away.When you realize he's beating you. Sound
out of focus. And no change the sound of footsteps. This problem of the sound of the zombies began at the same time the problem with the items.

I have a question.
To gain life, just running through maps. If hit, stop, bumped into something, the time is rushing to give the point of life is interrupted?

I realized that while I'm running around the map without hitting anything, gain more points. But if hit in a car stopped, a tree or stuff like that, much less gain
point.

I have a suggestion to make about it.
It would be nice if somehow could have a second delay between the time that the player stopped at an obstacle in something, and the moment he starts walking
again. Few seconds. Only to differentiate one player who is standing because he wants to, oos that just hit something on the way. It is not easy to run
all the time without knocking, even with the radar on. Few can. If this could be done, I think it would help.

Sorry for the English

Hugs

2015-05-05 19:47:24

hi there slj,        firstly   you'll need more points,        i'm using mixed armour,              and i'm doing well,         can you tell then what's happening you dying,        did you tried heal quickly and away the swarms,         that will be helpful,        and use medium armor instantly,          don't try mission then,       firstly try map 4 or different maps,       just deal,   this slowdown effect with   can be kill you?        just be careful     and try quickly heal yourself,             and shield is can help too.

2015-05-05 20:25:58

Dan C, I'm happy that worked for you.

Aloha, I don't understand what you meant about running through the maps to get more life points.  Could you explain that a little more so I know what you are trying to say?  Thanks.

- Aprone
Aprone's software