2015-01-17 19:55:34

I just beat the second battle in the story of the Takeda clan. Still amazing and tons of fun! Understanding a little of the story, but wish it was more. Ah well.

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-01-18 00:05:31

Major sense of accomplishment here... I just finished the legend of the Takeda in Samurai Warriors 4! 4 battles, each of them taking about 45 minutes to an hour. Had so much fun doing it... and there are twelve more stories to beat. lol What little I've understood has definitely rekindled my interest in Japanese history. hahaha. Onto the next legend...

2015-01-18 00:33:17

Wow man. Awesome! Thanks for your reply.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-01-18 02:10:22

And another battle! I'm just on this game's hype right now... lol. If I'd known this was playable before I would've imported it last year when it came out fresh in Japan. Here is a recording of the battle of Okehazama with two of my personal favorites, hanzo hatori and Tadakatsu Honda. Hatori is a ninja, and thus is pretty much a wirlwind of destruction when used properly. In the recording, he is the one with notably faster movements... Tadakatsu honda is slower, but has a spear that takes out huge crowds with good swings. Slower than I usually like, but his musou or super attack definitely makes him worth it! Completely random sidenote, both of these characters are played by two of my favorite Japanese voice actors. Hanzo Hatori is played by Takaya Kuroda, whose favorite role for me is his stint as Kiryu in all of the Yakuza games. akio Otsuka is well known as more famous video game characters... especially as all the Sname incarnations in the Metal Gear games, as well as Seth in the Street Fighter IV series, and Nobunaga Oda in the onimusha trilogy.

2015-01-18 04:36:21

@aaron: thanks for the info about dying light.
Unfortunately it must be skyped to getting it if there is too mutch platforming.
@assault: I'm really surprised this samurai warriors 4 is quite playable by us.
Anyway how far you have got in the game? Hope I can get this one.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-01-18 04:48:52

You won't be able to get it unless you get a ps3, ps4 or vita. And you shouldn't be surprised... most games of this genre are, most games just don't have any objective tracking so you have to run around and find things yourself which can be a pain in the butt. But Samurai Warriors 4 makes it work by having one switchable controlled by the AI at all times. As to how far I've gotten... did you read my post earlier? I finished one campaign and am now starting on my second.

2015-01-18 07:09:02

Just a note, you never actually posted the second recording. heh. I'll definitely have to get this! All I have to say is, holy crap! Wonder if the other games in this series are just as playable.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2015-01-18 08:49:31

I must be getting old. 23 and starting to frget things... hahaha. Sterlock, I'm curious about this as probably one of the few other people to have played one of the main Sengoku basara games, not the little psp spinoffs. Which one sounds better to you? This one I find gets my adrenaline going a lot more... SB is fun, but sometimes it doesn't sound like it takes itself very seriously, though that isn't entirely all bad. there's just something about the audio presentation and the way the game handles that just doesn't feel... very brutal to me. SW is completely different in that way with slashing your way through soldier after soldier... it actually feels like you're having to push yourself hard to stay alive.

I don't think the other games in this series are playable, as I believe SW 4 is the first one to have an AI controlled partner that you can switch to on the fly which is basically what makes this game work. But don't quote me... theoretically the other games also are possible, you just again have to have patience in finding enemies to kill. What I love particularly about SW 4 the most? Many people will say that not being able to solve objectives methodically by choice takes away from the game... but I would counter that by saying the pure action in this game is awesome. Without vision, just beating the battle is accomplishment enough... those of you who can't see videos and haven't heard of these games before won't know this, but often there are litterally, as I've said above, hundreds of enemies on screen at the same time. It feels like a real battle because simply staying alive takes a decent amount of skill and timing. People who can see can mash their buttons from point A to point B and win, but without vision, the game is definitely much more of a challenge. Here's the second recording, one of the most famouns battles in Japanese history!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 … hazama.mp3

2015-01-18 08:58:03

I'd say SW is way, way more adrenaline pumping for sure, particularly this one. I'm actually importing the vita version of this game, because japan seems to have gotten a physical release, and I'll be away from my ps3 for almost two months lol.
Also, samurai warriors chronicles apparently was the first in the series to employ the partner switching system, although I couldn't seem to be able to find anyone to fight when I played it. I'll have to track it down again.

2015-01-18 09:18:23

I never had a 3ds, so I can't test the theory of how well that worked... remember that your AI also can take different actions depending on what you want. Being blind players I recommend leaving it on offense so that it always looks for enemies to fight. And I think the vita version in the US is digital. Good on you for joining me on the import bandwagon! hahahaha. If you want to try another one and let me know how it goes, the ps3 has a version of Samurai Warriors 3 that wasn't localized, Sengoku Musou 3 z. I'd be interested to see how that one turns out, or if I can find it cheap locally I might knab it.

2015-01-18 09:43:03

Hmm. Sengoku musou 3 z is available on the psn for $37... wonder if it's worth the risk to download it and try it. I know there's no tagging for sure, so the remaining question is... how hard are objectives to find?

2015-01-18 16:49:27

OK. So it's about what I expected.. Samurai Warriors 4 is the only playable game in the series, because of the above mentioned partner switching. But that's okay... this game has plenty to offer and is the most current one anyway. hahaha. Over 55 characters will give me quite a lot to do, I think! And I found the the expansion of SW 3 for the psp... and that's the one that I'm drawing from to say the rest of the games are no more playable than Sengoku Basara. In essence, they're playable... if you're willing to run around without any kind of guide which I'm not. lol

2015-01-18 18:09:16

A bit of a off topic question here, but I am thinking of getting the game for my ps4, But how would I import the game for the ps4? would it be good to go digital? And if so, the ps4s user accounts are linked to the PSN so would I need to make a japanese account to import the game?
Thanks

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2015-01-18 18:59:20

Actually, this isn't my first import. A few years ago, I imported the japanese version of pokemon heart gold because I refused to wait 6 months for the game to get localized, I did the same for pokemon black. Thank god they've started doing world wide releases for pokemon. :d

2015-01-18 21:00:09

Bradp, yes you will either need to create a Japanese psn account to go digital or just buy the retail disc from somewhere like playasia. Either option is good. I go digital for imports nowadays because you ultimately wind up paying less. With physical copies, there are taxes and shipping fees which can amount to over $100 including the game if you want faster shipping where as the digital copies usually just sell for the standard price point, and all you have to do is buy Japanese playstation cards, which are still cheaper and can be bought online. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Sterlock, gotcha. Like I said if I'd known the game was playable I would've imported last march. Haha. I did get a game that was being localized earlier though... I imported Under Night In-birth, a fighting game, back in November... it's coming out in the US in February. I love imports, especially if menu translations are available... makes it so much easier being blind. haha. Ironically... sometimes import games are more blind friendly and easier to get into simply by virtue of having menus written out online.

2015-01-18 23:30:51

hi assault, some days ago I read about twylight ghost hunters, surprisingly it's not a horror game, but it is an RPG game.
This will not be playable for sure.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2015-01-18 23:41:02

Never heard of the game... but thanks for telling me, though a little random. haha. smile

2015-01-19 05:31:10

hi assault_freak, is undernight have a story mode or just gameplay?

2015-01-19 08:43:58

Thee's an arcade mode with pretty long story mode scenes, but they are not animated... just talking heads with voiced dialog. Basically what skullgirls is.

2015-01-19 09:24:01

So a couple random questions. When I get back from colorado in march, I plan on getting guilty gear XRd. Should I catch up somewhere on the storylines to the previous GG games? Don't want to be lost. Also, is there a good place for menues for samurai warriors 4? And also a good place to learn about japanese history and the sengoku period in particular? Yeah, I know, all over the place here :d

2015-01-19 10:05:01

Hi.
Did I read that right, that the menus in the Japanese games are translated into English? If I import a Japanese game from PSN and the menus are in Japanese, it would be pretty difficult to get help with the menus etc.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-01-19 10:28:19

Stirlock, can't really help with the guilty gear stuff as I've never particularly been a fan of the series. And now with Samurai Warriors 4 being my latest purchase, that's going to keep me occupied for a long time... and I'm pretty sure there'll be a new game out by the time I've grown tired of this one. hahaha. Check out this guide for all things menu and translation related. Let me know what you think. Would love to keep an ongoing dialog about this game...
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7169170/1/

SLJ, I didn't mean the game's menus are translated into English... but that there are translations written all over the internet. You're right that games imported would be quite complicated and hard to get help with since 99% of all the menus are in Japanese. That's why on the internet, those who have knowledge of the language or at least enouggh to read menus write out translations and post them up all over the place. Look at the guide I posted for a great example. And if you want a more relatable example, think of all the translating and directions for menus people have given of all the various Japanese audio games.

2015-01-19 11:52:03

Thank you for your reply. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2015-01-19 21:46:42

No problem. big_smile Like I said before, I think imports are something anyone with a ps3 should check out, especially since creating a Japanese psn account is such a simple process.

2015-01-19 22:10:46

I have to say, that guide is pretty amazing. I can't wait to play this tomorrow when it arrives. And the nice thing is I'll be able to play it anywhere since I got it on the vita.