2015-01-13 11:37:40

As I remember correctly, I played Sengoku basara on PSP and completed few stages and killed few bosses also. The problem with this series, and Dynasty warriors etc, it's very chaotic. A lot of enemies isn't a big problem, problem is there are your foes who are fighting also making a lot of noises plus a lot of japanese talking very often in mono killing everythig as everything including game sounds is going down so the volumes are really on low level.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2015-01-13 17:36:46

hi all
maybe who play double dragon neon?pc version?
if yes maybe can say what is game control?

2015-01-13 19:48:35

Seal, Sengoku Basara on psp was actually quite playable... I've beaten both of the SB games released for the psp. The Japanese talking hasn't ever been an issue for me because that has nothing to do with the enemies on screen. I played through the game with about 10 of the characters in the first SB game for the psp, and beat all of their story stages. But the maps are also smaller in the psp games, whereas on the ps3 and earlier ps2 games these maps are actually large battlefields where you need to run from point to point. Dynasty warriors is the same. And the difference between the psp and ps3 is that Sengoku basara 3 and 4 on the ps3 balance the audio a lot better and everything is in stereo. The only reason all the talking isn't in stereo is because those aren't onscreen characters talking as I said. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-01-14 06:53:00

Also seal, what happened to that fighting game that you were testing for accessibility on steam that you said was going to be released some time in the next month or two? Can you mention anything about it yet? lol

2015-01-14 07:33:31

hi assault_freak.
Have you tried dynasty warriors: gundam 1, 2, 3 and reboarn?
This one is a dynasty warriors game, however the characters are from the mobile suit gundam series.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-01-14 07:57:32

No, I have not tried any of those... again because I don't know how far we can get in those games. That, and I've always been more of a fan of Samurai warriors and Sengoku Basara. Dynasty Warriors while made by the same company as Samurai Warriors isn't as good in my opinion. And Sengoku basara, made by Capcom, has the more advanced fighting mechanics.

2015-01-14 09:43:37

The game I am testing is actually in early alpha stages so you need to wait. A lot of work on it.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2015-01-14 12:58:13

hi all.
I've discovered something that there are one good fishing game.
It's sega bassss fishing, available for the dreamcast, now out on wii, ps3, xbox 360 and pc.
For users who download it on XBLAA or steam, you will not only get that game, but you will get 4 games in 1 package, it's dreamcast collection.
I've beaten the arcade mode, with a grandmaster title.
Currently, I'm figuring out how to clear the challenge tournament series.
I explained this game in detail in my topic called a new mainstream game that I've discovered, created in 2014.
And also, for someone who likes tennis I recomend you to try virtua tennis 4.
It's a tennis game, with rosters from the original grand slam tennis and some other event.
The characters include rafael nadal, juan martin del potro, and some others.
However, the game can be hard since your oponent can smash the ball really hard, and some minigames also is unplayable sadly.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2015-01-14 15:16:42

Hello,
@seal: I haven't got the early access release for that one yet, do you think I shold also join in on the testing, and how should I do this? Or should I wait for you guys to work on it?

2015-01-14 18:28:15

Ah gotcha. I was hoping to have a little news... but I can wait! lol Unless there is a way to also join early testing as the more people you have testing especially accessibility, the better. At least, imo. lol

2015-01-14 21:10:38

I'll let You know when it will be possible.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2015-01-15 06:08:41

is it like skullgirls? Will it have a story mode?

2015-01-15 06:15:10

is it like skullgirls? Will it have a story mode?

2015-01-15 07:25:25

Sure Seal. thanks!

2015-01-15 15:02:55

@seal: let me know too.
@hanif: I think there might be a little story in the game but I can't be certain. I don't think it's anything groundbreaking though.

2015-01-15 17:01:13 (edited by Exodus 2015-01-15 17:02:24)

welp, I never saw this coming.

New Rock band DLC? Surely not!

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-01-15 19:37:39

thanks for the info guys.
I look forward to this project, hope it will be a successful project like skulgirl.
And also, any news on MKX?
Will the story mode accessible? And how about the characters that will be available? Will it have a tutorial or a fatality practice? And lastly, any dlc, and a challenge tower mode like in MK 2011?

2015-01-15 20:17:48

Woe... I admit, not any songs I am going to get... but seriously? This may lead to better things... keeping fingers crossed here for sure!

Hanif, noone knows any of that information right now... other than the fact that Kung Lau and Kitana were revealed recently along with goro. That's it. No information about modes and things like that... that's al stuff that'll probably only be known towards the release time.

2015-01-15 20:38:18

Well, good news... I did finally manage to beat one battle in Sengoku Basara 3 on my own with no sighted asistance, so it is indeed doable. However it took me a long time... at least an hour as to the usually 20 minutes to half an hour. I'm guessing it was because I got turned around a lot in the stage... and unfortunately, in this game the audio isn't detailed enough to tell you where in the area you are, as well as the fact that this game let's you wander around and doesn't close off areas you've already been which makes it hard. Maybe I'll give samurai Warriors 4 a wirl next and see...

2015-01-16 06:27:07

only 10 days lrft for my discovery for a new game, dying light.
It's an action horror game similar to the resident evil series.
This game is available on psn, xbla and steam, but canceled in the psn(ps3), xbla(xbox360).
I'll let you know if this game is playable, and if this thing have an auto tracker.
The publisher is the same company who published injustice, mk9 and the batman series.

2015-01-16 08:13:38

Sad to hear it got canceled for ps3... but let us know how it turns out on steam!

2015-01-16 13:15:26

Hello,
Just a heads up, the publisher doesn't really matter, it's the developer we're more worried about. This is the developer of the Dead Island games, the publisher being Warna Bros. Warna Bros work for many clients and have published for companies like Lego as well, ut these developers seem relatively new. I don't think it will be too playable, but never say never. I say this becaue there's a lot of parcore, which is climbing about on rooftops and trees as you go around the open world.

2015-01-17 02:22:22

Hey all. so... Samurai Warriors 4 may potentially be added to the playable list. I bought the game yesterday out of sheer curiocity, and am loving it. For those not in the know... Samurai Warriors is a Japanese alternative to Dynasty Warriors, which is made by the same company. You could call it the father of all of today's hack n slash games... Sengoku Bsara, certain Lord of the Rings games, etc. the premis? Run through  a map killing thousands, yes litterally thousands of enemy soldiers and officers while accomplishing objectives, which usually means defeating a specific officer or going to a certain point. All the stages and characters in Samurai Warriors are based on the warring states or Sengoku Era of Japanese history, so the names and places are all real though some of the story events may be a little romanticized, but it's loosely based off Japanese history just as dynasty warriors is based off the historical novel romance of the Three Kingdoms. what makes Samurai warriors 4 at least decently playable is the fact that you have control of two allied characters and can switch between them. the cool thing is, whichever character you aren't controlling will actually head automatically to the next objective and have the AI try and accomplish while the character you control does the same. So if you're totally blind, switching regularly between the characters will almost always land you near a large group of enemies and sometimes even an enemy officer which makes things much easier. Or if you have patience and choose to wander around, that is also an option. Now bare in mind that I haven't completed many stages yet, I actually only completed one... there will be some stages harder to beat, such as preventing a certain enemy from getting to a certain spot... but a little luck and character swapping should help. I'm still working on this... in the meantime, here's the recording of me clearing the first stage of one of the story paths, focussing on the Takeda clan and with me playing as the Sanada brothers. Don't be surprised at the length of the recording... it really can take up to 40 minutes to beat a stage. Typically when sighted people play, it takes 25 to 30 minutes, but given that I have no map to guide me... it takes a little longer as expected. Enjoy.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 … kajima.mp3

2015-01-17 13:24:07

Hi.
wow.
I have a few questions.
1: Can the speech be set to english?
2: The menus sounds very complicated at the beginning of your recording. Are they complicated?
3: I'm sorry if you already have mentioned this, but is this a PSN download only?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-01-17 19:16:29

To your first question, unfortunately not. Games in this series have been getting less and less sales over the years, so the last few haven't been released with English voices. This indirectly answers your second question... since in order to be released physically, Sony has a policy requiring any game released in the US or outside of Japan to have English voices with a couple of exceptions, one of them being the Yakuza or Ryu Ga Gotoku series. And the menus aren't too complicated, I think what you took to be complex was my exploring the list of characters you can play as. But the main menu is actually very simple. Choose the mode, which story path you want to play, the battle and difficulty. That's it. big_smile I realize this game isn't for everybody, especially since there aren't any English options. But I just wanted to share because it is another playable game... and for those who love pure action, this is one heck of a lot of fun... there's just something really, really satisfying about mowing through thousands of soldiers to acomplish an objective. And sometimes, there are so many enemies on screen it's litterally impossible to miss. One swing of the heavy attack button takes out groups at a time. haha.