2015-01-15 22:38:36

Jayde, don't worry too much, I'm pretty used to it at this point and it doesn't really bug me (as long as you don't expect me to work full time on this without pay or something... and YES someone once suggested that!)

Anyways, Imaginatrix, since this release was the first major release you were exposed to, I think I should explain to you my development cycle.

Upon an initial release, I have a 2-4 week period in which I just let people play the game, and focus on fixing bugs. I also play the game myself to try to find bugs, although I tend to miss stuff since people play the game differently and I know about how I THINK the game should be played. I have no testers so essentially those playing the beta serve this role (and well they get to play Pokemon! What's not to love lol). I'm letting it extend further for this release due to the sheer amount of content I added.

After this period, I begin development in new areas. I should be starting soon, since it seems like most major bugs have been worked out (although I will be taking a look at the game corner thing, I may have just screwed something up). This can be anywhere between 2 and 4 months, last release was actually in May but there were like 3 months that I wasn't working on Braillemon at all due to personal issues and events in my life (such as preparing for that thing in Bronycon).

Finally, the game is NOT a carbon copy of Pokemon Blue/Red. There are some differences. For example, there is no TM for body slam, because the TM list is (almost) the G/S/C one. Most of the minor differences are either for making navigation easier, or minor changes for things like move balance and stuff. You couldn't find Body Slam because it's not in the game like that. The sound thing may just be because the rooms are very small, although I'll take a look and see what's going on.

I thought I patched the night sound bug but I'll make sure I get that out today.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2015-01-16 05:23:22

I'm pretty sure that bug was patched—I trained on the relevant route last night and it was fine. smile

Thanks for explaining your process! It makes sense and I'll let you get on with it. smile

I should have guessed that one. There were other items I didn't see but the rooms are small, and you can't exactly hide an item on a bed that heals you. (Those beds are a freaking life-saver on that ship.) It does make sense that not everything is the same as the original games (does that mean you could maybe start placing items where none were in the original games? That'd be cool. big_smile).

2015-01-16 15:32:37

Hi, thanks Daygonite for your excellent work. if completed I think that Pokemon will be one of the most complete rpg in our audiogame's world.
I want to ask, if for navigation can be added a turning point sound, that for example if I am near a wall and that wall opens, like if you have an exit on the right, you will hear a sound. The only way to explain better is to indicate a game, Shadow Line, that is an rpg, and in my opinion has the best navigation system in our audiogame's world. Shadow Line has also a field viever, that if you press a key, you can view the map of current location, exploring well exits, turning points, ecc. I don't know if in gamemaker you can do that. This will semplify overall the navigation in complicate mazes, like the Mt Moon. I've finished it but helped my Brother for the first time.
I want also to ask three question. If I understand correctly the end for now is the team rocket tower, in which at the end you will find the team rocket leader?
The other question is, I am now in the ship MN Anne. In some guides is written to have surf, because in this way you can capture Mewtwo. It's possible to do it also in our braillemon or you have to play the game two time?
And the third question is. I want to get Picachu, but I didn't get when I was at first forest. When I will finish the part of MN Anne there is a way simple to return to that forest?
And at the end, I want to point attention to a minor bug I've found. Sometimes, when you exit from a city, for example Cerulean City, music of the Cerulean City and of the area outside are together, so you can hear two musics. But when you fight one Pokemon, the music return normal.
Thanks a lot and sorry for the long post!

2015-01-16 16:11:30

I can help with the questions about the current game, at least.

You won't get Surf at this stage of the game, even in the original version. You get it from (I think) the Fuscia Gym Leader, or someone in Fuscia City, but I could be misremembering the walkthrough. At any rate, Mewtwo is post-game, so we probably won't get to him for a while.

The game ends in Celadon, but since Team Rocket are not in the Game Corner yet, you can't complete the Pokémon Tower challenge in Lavender Town.

As for getting back to Viridion Forest to catch a Pikachu, you can do that once you get the HM Cut from the Captain of the S.S. Anne. You can even do it before you get to the Vermillion Gym if you choose. Route Eleven is at the top of the map to the far east. Go up from the S.S. Anne when you are returned to shore and it leaves, then go east from the entrance of the Pokémart. If you get lost (Vermillion is a bit of a challenge to navigate), press "s" to get your current coordinates, "d" to get the coords of all the important places in Vermillion, or the number "2" to just get the coords of the Pokémart. Make sure you get to all the trainers of the S.S. Anne before helping the captain, though. Once you get Cut from him and leave his room, you get exited from the ship and it leaves.

Diglett Cave is on Route Eleven, and it's other exit is at Route Two, so go through that, go as far south as you can, then find the nearest tree and use Cut to get it out of the way (you need to teach it to one of your Pokémon first. I recommend catching a Spearow on Route 11 and trading for the farfetch'd in one of the houses in Vermillion to be your Cut slave). You can now enter the western side of Route 2 and go north to get to Viridion Forest. Run around in the grass until you get your desired Pikachu. smile

2015-01-16 17:04:45 (edited by ambro86 2015-01-16 17:06:22)

Thanks a lot Imaginatrix! I will try and will tell you. It's cool to play this game, some years ago all my two brothers played this, and in my city a lot of people play and Exchange Pokemon with gameboy. I love psyco Pokemon, infact I have Abra evolved in Kadabra. I like also Pikachu because first Pokemon game I saw is Yellow Pokemon, in which you start with Pikachu, like in original anime.

2015-01-16 17:18:40 (edited by ambro86 2015-01-16 17:20:32)

Sorry Imaginatrix, I have another question. I've tried to get fishes using the hold item get from the fisherman in  Vermillion city. I've tried many many times but nothing appen. I've tried for example near the shore inside Vermillion city but also outside. There is a way to have success with that?

2015-01-16 22:53:33

When using the old rod, you just need to go to the item, and hit enter on Use item, near water. Just wait, and it will make a few lower beeps. Just wait till your screen reader says, O, a bite, and then, you can press enter. But, the only fish you will catch with that old rod is Magicarps.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2015-01-16 22:57:59

Thanks Den, yes, I tried many many times to use the rod, but  says Always to me, oh a bite. I can't got any Pokemon. Do you know why?

2015-01-17 03:38:09

You press Space to reel in the fish, not Enter. You also have to act very quickly otherwise it gets away. I learned to keep my hand poised over the Space bar and press it as soon as the voice started speaking. smile

2015-01-17 04:10:20 (edited by ambro86 2015-01-17 04:12:01)

Ok thanks The Imaginatrix. So I've understood my fault. I've pressed only enter to use the rod in the menu, waiting for the fish smile. So if I understood correctly I have to press enter to use and immediately space.

2015-01-17 04:56:15

Only push space, when the voice says, o, a bite.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2015-01-17 05:09:09

Ok thanks.

2015-01-17 09:47:55 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2015-01-17 10:14:36)

Minor bug I encountered today. I bred a Belsprout so I could have one with Growth. He got Vine Whip too, which made me very happy. But while I was levelling him up, I hit a slight snag at Lv 15 when he wanted to learn Sleep Powder (I'd taught him Giga Drain because awesome move is awesome). I decided I didn't want him to learn it, but when I selected "No", the game froze. Every time I pressed Enter, the little bleep sound you hear in menues and during battles played, but I didn't leave the victory window. I tried this twice and then decided to let him learn Sleep Powder. I was able to proceed after that.

Again, pretty minor. I could get past it, but I thought it should be reported.

Edit: Just happened again when I tried to stop my Belsprout from learning Stun Spore. I've sent a copy of the save file to Rachel, so hopefully the problem can be attended to.

2015-01-17 19:01:11

Hello, I'm continuing playing this avesome game. I want to ask a thing regarding the music. I've heard the music of Pokemon firered, a remake of Pokemon red, in which the music has more quality, because was made for Nintendo DS. Nobody has thought to put that music in our game or is not possible? what do you think?

2015-01-18 20:03:23

I may be wrong but, the current music is being used because it gives the game the old school feeling.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2015-01-18 22:49:18

Yes, I thought it too, infact remember me when I started high school. But recently I've discovered the fire red music (or also leaf green), that is almost the same used in Pokemon Red, but has more instruments. But is not important, I asked only for curiosity. It would be cool if in the future we can play also to other Pokemon generations.

2015-01-22 00:47:15

Hey guys, I'll have to look through this later, but I'm going to go on a temporary hiatus. There was a glitch involving refusing to learn a move after winning a battle, this should be fixed and the link will be updated tonight. I'm going through a lot of change again and it's kind of causing my anxiety/ocd/blah to flare up and it's interfering with my work. It should only be a few weeks, and I'll then finish any other bugs reported in this thread before beginning development again. Thanks.

2015-01-22 02:43:53

Hi there. I'm sure all of us would rather have you deal with life and reality first, before developing games. Well, at least I would. All I'm saying is, good luck, and I hope all goes well. This game is already pretty cool, and it can only get better from here. Best of luck.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2015-01-22 20:16:35

Hello, I agree with Deng. Thanks for your work so far, and continue in this way!

2015-01-25 20:24:06

Hello! Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader to play this game? I cannot understand Microsoft Ana

2015-01-27 18:09:17

...I really wish the Pokémon Tower glitch that allowed you to capture Ghost Pokémon if you closed the game while you were in the tower and then re-opened it hadn't been fixed. I haven't a hope of catching an Abra in my two secondary runs because the blasted thing keeps Teleporting away! Gastly's Mean Look was the only thing that kept it stationary long enough to capture in my experience. sad

Did anyone else manage to catch an Abra another way? If so, I'll be happy for any tips you may have.

2015-01-27 19:32:40

The Imaginatrix, catching an Abra has always been a game of luck.
even in the newest games Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the only way aside from the whay you talked about is to just throw a ball and hope it works.
I've done it myself in braillemon twice and in the real games coundless times.
the mean look thing didn't get invented until gen 2, but it came from the TCG first just like whirlpool and destiny bond.
The pokemon tower will be fixed vary soon, as it is the only way to progress past selidon city.
As soon as Rachel finishes the team rocket hideout and sapheron city, the tower should be done shortly after.
Until then, you can head back to the area just to the left of nugget bridge.
Bring some great balls and look their.
You should be able to find an abra their at a somewhat high level and; hopefully catch it.
Save before trying.
The closer to lv 16 you catch it, the better.

2015-01-27 19:33:03

Hi,
@Imaginatrix I see a few ways in which you could accomplish this.
I myself had a pokemon with thunderwave paralyze the abra,and then used the pokeball on the poor creature to capture it,and make it do evil. big_smile
You could also try sleep powder or any move really,which stops abra from doing its thing. smile
@daigonite, I could not really put stuff as others have,but I hope you deal with them fine,and take your own time, I say. In the end I'm quite selfish wink but my wishes ,at least are with you.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2015-01-28 13:39:43

Thanks guys! Caught an Abra (after about twenty tries, mind you, but I caught one) using my Pikachu and Thunder Wave. And a Great Ball. I didn't know you could use them to catch mons at 100 % health! I guess it would only work for low-level mons, but still, YAY. big_smile

2015-01-28 19:21:00 (edited by daigonite 2015-01-28 19:27:46)

If you catch a diglett with Arena Trap, I think that will also allow you to capture Abra fairly easily - it prevents escape for all non-flying enemies, which includes abra.