2014-08-26 15:52:33

Whocrazy, you have to go back to wing 1 to get to the ruins again.
You'll get a kind of funny seen that takes you back.

regarding the ruin gardian...
Something needs to be done to make Stella useful in this fight.
Even if I place her at the front to only use two turns on her, she can't do anything to the gardian.
The smart thing to do would be to make the gardian where you can use dice roles on her before the music switches over, but not after.
That way, if you do things right; stella can contribute something to the battle.
I keep getting the gardian down to about 10 percent and then the game auto gameovers on me.
The random damage factor is also weird.
I've seen damage vary as much as 300 hp on spells.
In a battle where every spell counts, that's a bad thing, not to mention, it seems like the number of turns you get to defeat the gardian is random as well.
I'll get it done eventually, I'm just posting my  feedback on this boss.

2014-08-26 17:23:24

@Threeblacknoises
Spoiler!

Yep, Stella's dead weight. Maybe he should give her Final Shot for irony's sake, as well to make her useful but difficult.
Make sure that when Kelly's out she's casting Death Dimention, and Simon Final Oblivian.
They're both a bitch to cast but they'll both do respectable damage.
Second, Shawna's Murder on Demand and Cecil's Mass Slauder should do nicely.
At least most of them should be close to level 100.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2014-08-26 21:40:31

Connor that's how that fight's supposed to work. You can't damage him. Just keep hitting him and still use your most powerful attacks. Eventually the battle will end. As for me I'm trying to figure out where to go after S
P
O
I
L
E
R
beating the infected Cruelclaw. I have all but one of the treasures and I know where the last one is. I just want to experience both endings.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2014-08-26 21:43:30

slight
spoiler

Brian: after beating Cruelclaw, just go up...and up...and up. You'll hit a save point. There's a galactic dust there.
You can get both endings easily enough. Beat Pierre now, if you can, and if you get the "not all treasures" ending, just come back and thump him again when you have the last treasure.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2014-08-26 22:38:22

Trajectory, giving Stella a spell would be a problem, as Aaron didn't give her a voice.
Could that be why she can't cast any magic?
an easy fix for now would be to let her dice roles work for the first two turns of the battle with the ruin Gardian.
stella kind of seems like a stoic character to me.
I might; Might; be able to get some temp lines recorded at the least if Aaron wants to give her some magic spells.
I know a rather stoic-sounding person in real life who might be willing to provide some temp lines.
Just saying...
I know Aaron is in colege now, but I emagine that you have a lot of contact with him.
If you think Sella having magic spells and a voice; even a temp one; is a good idea; and if Aaron agrees with you, could you please let me know through this forum, or have aaron e-mail me; he has my address.

S
P
O
I
L
e
r
Do you know why Lucy and Simon share the same character data?
Yes I know what happens to Lucy, I just kind of wander why Simon wasn't his own character.

2014-08-26 22:56:01

Probably to avoid all the rage that might result if you'd had tons of coins left on or spent on Lucy before Simon joins instead. Easier to code that way too. Besides, without revamping battle mechanics, they both fulfill the same (and final) archetype of the RPG (namely, the tank).

2014-08-27 10:16:30

Hi.
I recorded a first part of my Playthrought of POTS
Here's the link
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188 … _part1.mp3

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2014-08-27 13:12:48

Not only that but Stella's a full human, so it wouldn't make sense fo her to have magic. Which raises an interesting question about Simon. If he ca learn magic wouldn't that make him a Halfling as well?

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2014-08-27 13:33:07

Hi.

For the death lord, just keep attacking him.
You can't cause damage so just keep attacking until youget a scene.
As for me, I'm still trying to beat this infected Cruelclaw thing.
Should I have at least 22 or 23 impact and around 480 health or should I increase those stats further.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-08-27 15:46:41 (edited by threeblacknoises 2014-08-27 16:37:39)

Okay, I just found a game braking bug.
When fighting the ruin gardian and losing because your turns run out, you get sent back to your cabin with only the last person you were forced to use in your party.
In my case it was Simon.
The party option on the main menu is gone!
This needs to be fixed, soon, if not now.
NUNO69, how are you using Jaws with the game?

2014-08-27 17:16:24

@Threeblacknoises sure, I'll ask him. If worse came to worse he could give her the final corruption sound.
I think Stella is meant to be sorta useless in boss battles though. If you noticed, you didn't even have the option to select her during the fight with Pierre.

Jayde wrote:

Probably to avoid all the rage that might result if you'd had tons of coins left on or spent on Lucy before Simon joins instead. Easier to code that way too. Besides, without revamping battle mechanics, they both fulfill the same (and final) archetype of the RPG (namely, the tank).

Yeah, this as well as level. I'd be mad if I lost a character who I had trained to a high level for someone significantly lower in level.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2014-08-27 18:51:58

I didn't used Jaws. I used NVDA

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2014-08-27 20:18:57

Heh. He did the same thing I did. Eloquence driver with NVDA. Once I figured that out I've simply never looked back.

As far as getting a character killed when you poured time into her...three words for ya. Final. Fantasy. Seven.

Incidentally, I've died to the Ruin Guardian, and I didn't lose my Party option, so I don't know what's going on there.

Also also, it is possible to have Stella fight Infected Cruelclaw and use Final Corruption. Her damage is laughable and I don't recommend it, but you can do it. The game gives you beeps, but no "hi-ya" sound like the other characters get.

2014-08-27 22:19:08

Well Jade, all I can say to that is whoever made that decision with regards to Final Fantasy 7 aut to be bitten by a rabid chocobo.
I've finally done the next part of my playthrough http://www.caturria.ca/paladin/16_sidequests.mp3
I get Shauna to level 50 so she can defeat the boss in the holding area, then start working on completing the side quests.
My next part will be about killing the shadows on
tower of fear's 2nd floor, and I think with Stella capable of oneshotting them with just dice it'll be able to be completed in under an hour.

2014-08-27 23:28:45

Ok, this is getting ridiculous!
I can't seem to hit final corruption very well.
I have to wonder if it's my virtual machine?
Could it really be lagging just enough to screw up the seemingly tiny window to press the key after the beep?
This is ridiculous? Do I really have to go digging out an old crappy Windows machine just to play this?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-08-27 23:43:31

@Chris,
It's entirely possible. BGT is only officially supported on Windows.
It's different though from the fight with Stella because Final Corruption remains the same until you hit it successfully. If you need more turns, try it with Simon.

2014-08-28 00:44:04

Could I get some help, possibly an audio walkthrough?
Spoiler

I'm on level 3 of the tower of fear, and I can't figure out where the stairs are for the life of me. I get that the guy tells you the exit is just west of him, but it really isn't. The halls just lead you in an endless loop with no exit at all. Help!
Stirlock

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2014-08-28 01:10:43

That guy's text should be changed. The exit itself is nowhere near "right to the left of him", as he says. That's just the area where you enter into the mazelike area.
Honestly, follow walls. I cannot stress this enough. This game does not have free-standing ladders or stairwells except in two places, both of which are easily audible from the wall and both of which are -not Tower of Fear. I'm thinking specifically of the Druggie Hideout for one, and I encountered another one as well but I misremember which it was.
Either way, get against the wall that runs east-west, follow it west from that guy who gives you the bad advice. When it turns north, go north. If it turns east, go east. Keep this up until you reach the ladder. If you can't find it, then you're missing a turn-off and need to slow down. There are a couple of tight passages there.

2014-08-28 01:33:47

That's exactly what I've been doing. Literally every single passageway on the floor dead ends. Every last one. I don't get it.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2014-08-28 02:54:54

No. You're missing something, but without hearing you mess around with it, I can't tell you where.
The floor is pretty bloody big though, so I don't blame you for getting lost. I got lost my first or second time up there. It does happen. If nothing else, try this. Say you go through what looks like every possible wall, and you end up back at the stairs. Next time, try going the other way (if you go counterclockwise normally, as I do, try going clockwise this time).

2014-08-28 05:47:29

How do I get back to the disturbed sanctuary again. through the ghostly chamber?
Thanks.

2014-08-28 06:13:13

If you want to get to the Disturbed Sanctuary, look in the northeast part of the ruins. The teleport that goes to ghostly chamber is in the southeast, by comparison.

2014-08-28 06:44:19 (edited by audioracer 2014-08-28 08:17:33)

The part where Gabreal wants to play air hockey, is it part of the storyline for him to win? Or is it possible to beat him, and if you do, what happens?
Well I just answered my own question. Nothing happens really. Gabrial says: "O Darn. Maybe next time ." I do have this to say. I lost the email to my product key. Now my desktop is registered, but my laptop is not. Is there anyway I could look in the registry and find my unlock code? If not, what do I need to do?

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2014-08-28 08:17:34

It is possible to beat him. One goal, just hit the puck really hard and hope you get lucky. I don't believe it matters, however.
There's an air-hockey game just after that which you'll want to win though, if you want all the treasure items to unlock a slightly different ending.
You're not completely screwing your game if you can't win, but if you're a perfectionist this is one you don't have another shot at (the one after Gabriel, I mean).

2014-08-28 08:20:51

Ok. So I'm at the part of the eternal electronics where Gabrial flipped the switch. I'm trying to find the earrings. Where can I find them? I tried looking in the cafe and all that stuff like the breakfast and dinner places. Any clue as to where those earrings might be? And am I missing ianything from burt's palace?

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.