2018-02-23 04:41:54

So I was able to fine the info with the new character i created. I haven't tried finding it with the old saved file.
Anyhow, I have finished the game with most of the quests completed.

Game Man

2018-02-23 10:23:15

so, i've finished the game second time, and honnestly i'm a little disappointed.
minor spoilers here
be careful
i worned you guys
firstly, i've decided to look around at the basement after the final battle, because i didn't have the apportunity before. and it got to be interesting, because it's a very sicret place of lord Adrianus, where he were doing a lot of important things as i understand. and you know what i found there?
nothing! it's apsolutely empty!
and secondly, i were trying to act like a jerk, all the time. and i found out that the way you speak with the others doesn't matter at all. sometimes, very rarely, characters answer you differently, and that's all. that's a bit sad that having such a huge variety of replies in dialogues result in such unimportant things and the only one ending.

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2018-02-24 17:17:17

Hi, Phoenix here. I was wondering how I can copy the exact errors I find while playing the game. I want to Email them to Joseph so he can fix them.

Phoenix

2018-02-24 18:39:02

@Phoenix: If you press control + shift + L it will open a text log, and you can copy the spoken errors from that document.

@Darth Scorp: Spoiler-ish responses to your criticisms below... ***be warned***

Regarding the basement, this has been raised by a couple other folks, and we will probably flesh this area out a bit in a future update. The truth is, it was never intended as a map to actually be explored, and as plans changed and the opportunity to explore it opened up, it simply fell through the cracks and we kind of forgot to do anything with it.

Regarding variety based on your responses, I can tell you with full confidences that how you treat certain characters in the game most certainly does have effects. Will every nasty thing you say have an immediate or apparent effect? Of course not. Nor will every different response have a different effect every time—that would require an untenable degree of variety in quest design and would pretty much double the amount of dialogue in the game. For the record, I'd love for there to be more of this type of dynamic response—but we had to be sparing, because of limited resources. However, to say that there is no difference in the gameplay experience based on what sort of responses you choose is just patently incorrect.

However, regarding the ending, yes, you don't have the option of turning into a dark overlord, or seeing Farhaven completely in ruin, or anything like that. I know a lot of people were expecting this sort of branching ending, but that wasn't a convention we chose to use, for a number of reasons.

So I guess at the end of the day, it depends on what you mean by saying that your choices "don't matter at all." Do they matter in the overall plot? No, I suppose they don't. Do they matter in determining what little bits of narrative variety you experience? They certainly do. But, all of that said, I'm sorry to hear that this didn't live up to your expectations.

2018-02-25 01:21:34

Hi, Phoenix again. I have a quick question.
Major Spoiler
How can I keep Lord Adrianus from reviving himself? He keeps doing that no matter what I do to him. The only way I can actually defeat him is by wearing a piece of armor that will resist all unholy damage. When he tries to drain the wearer's health, he actually winds up hurting himself. If there is another way to keep him from resurrecting himself, please let me know.

Phoenix

2018-02-25 04:50:53

***Spoiler for final boss fight***

You can't prevent him from resurrecting. But there is a limited number of times he will resurrect. Just keep at it and stay alive long enough to finally finish him.

2018-02-26 10:38:36

Joseph,

I don't know if this question been ask before or not, since I couldn't find it elsewhere, Thought I would ask you here. So, I recently Got the game, and I think I'm gonna play it on my Mac using Wine emulator. Here is my question: If I register the game on my Mac, and if I got a Windows computer later and I register the game, will my license got banned? If or is there a way to deactivate my license from the Mac and transfer it to Windows?

Thanks.

2018-02-26 17:22:00

Good question. You shouldn't have any issue there. If we do detect any suspicious activity, we'll always check with you before suspending your account, and even if the account gets suspended you have the opportunity to clarify if this was a misunderstanding. But in general you don't have anything to worry about if the account is being used on a reasonable number of machines, and only by one user concurrently.

2018-02-27 09:48:18

Thanks for your quick reply, Joseph. I'm asking this because I don't want my account to be suspended.

2018-02-27 15:00:32

How do I find Mathius?

2018-02-27 15:36:06

Hello @joseph,
thinking with some friends, we think if on the next updates, can you add a small feature.
When you walk over a beacon marked on the map (custom an system beacons) the game spocken (with the screen reader) the name of the marked beacon, so with that, you can know that are directly over that. Or at least, mark the added beacons on the map, so you can see on that that you're nearby of one of the beacons. Currentli if you want to know if a beacon is nearby you, you have to well, try activing one to one to see what happen.

So that is all. ¡thanks for all!

2018-02-27 22:19:10

The master forged warhammer seems grossly overpowered. But it could be other things contributing to that too. I'm on my third go around, and I tend to fight all the encounters unless I'm just trying to rush through something. So I'm up over level 100. Even still, the volcanic warhammer, which is what I've used when I've started the game, though powerful, does significantly less damage. Even on hard difficulty, the master forged warhammer is pretty much guaranteed to kill everything in one hit. The only reason it doesn't is because it missed...

2018-02-28 00:03:31 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2018-02-28 00:52:44)

@1662
I've been trying to start New Game+ with the master forged warhammer but I keep being told that I can't start a new game with a unique item.  Is the aforementioned hammer not classed as a unique and it's another item that's blocking me from starting New Game+ with it equipped?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-02-28 00:13:42

Major Spoiler
Any items you get for completing quests, as well as items you take from display cases are considered unique items. This means you cannot start your game with the master forged hammer, since this is one item you can choose as a reward for completing Tools of the Trade.
End Spoiler

Phoenix

2018-02-28 00:55:15

@1664
I thought so though the post I replied to originally seemed to imply the item could be used at the beginning of New Game=, given that I haven't seen the volcanic variant.

Actually though I guess you could get it pretty early on if you played the game right (start quests in town, go to mines, get goblin loot, then go back and get weapon).

I like have an overpowered weapon or two given that some of the enemies are pretty tricky to take down, particularly given that the weapon itself is a forged reward for completing the quest.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-02-28 03:27:48

@1,660, you should find Mathius somewhere in the forest.

2018-02-28 07:06:35

This is my third time through the game and I'm still wandering aimlessly through the forest and ruins and temple and lumber yard looking for one last camp site. I swear I've cleared them all. I know I did. I'm sure I did. But if I go back to tell the captain the good news, no, I'm not done yet. I even marked them beforehand this time and there's still one. There's just one more. Still out there. Untouched, undisturbed, unmolested. Could I get an idea where they all are? I'm missing one. And it's always a different one each time that I have to wander around and find by accident.

2018-02-28 17:40:24

Hi guys. Joseph, did you get the email about the updated text? Also, can someone please write a walk-through for this game? Preferably a text walk-through, not detailing the story, but describing where you need to go to complete and obtain certain questions.  I meant to use the word quest, but dictation decided to do its own thing. I just left that in there for a few laughs.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-03-01 00:27:31

A couple things here. I don't like that when lord of the undead goes off, you get no xp for the kill. I guess it sort of makes sense though since it's an instant kill, but it seems kind of silly to have a knock down drag out fight with a dragon or something and ultimately get nothing for it. Also, I don't know if anyone else is as nuts as I am, but I've gotten far enough in that all my attributes are at max, so attribute points don't do me much good. It would be nice to be able to exchange the extras for expertise points.

2018-03-01 21:43:28

so now I'm on the second stage of the supply lines quest and it says that I have to find 15 nightshade plants.
the graveyard is my best bet but the quest also says that someone in my party can recognize nightshade plants.
who can recognize nightshade plants and where can I find them in the graveyard?
I've been wandering around the graveyard aimlessly trying to locate them but Where are the plants?
I've already gathered 20 wolf pelts on the first stage of the supply lines quest.

2018-03-01 22:03:24

Spoilers ahead. So, be warned.
Now that that is out of the way, I think I can give you a few good hints. First of all, where else can you find plants. What of the following would be good at telling what plant is what: a mage, a healer, a thief or ranger? Where can you find each of these people in the game and why? I will go on and break this down a little bit more. A healing is what a priest does over all. A priest may not be good at living off the land is it were per say. One can be found searching for something in the grave yard, but not for plants. A mage is someone who uses magic to defend themselves and to attack. Someone’s daughter is a mage and does not know how to live off the land. This means that they cannot help when it comes to plants. A thief is someone who takes what is not theirs and there forth can be found where there is gold. You seek them out when you need a lock picked. On the other hand, a ranger would know how to live off the land seeing that one can be found north of farhaven. One of the skills is knowing what plants can be ate, and what ones cannot if you desire to live off the land. I hope this helps.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-03-01 23:59:51

Was it meant that we can do any quests that increase some chosen stat once per playthrough and stack the reward? Seems like that would be a bug, unless there's some limit on it that I just haven't reached. I'd think since you can't keep unique equipment and fast travel and the like you probably wouldn't keep extra attribute rewards from quests either. Or there would be some kind of diminishing return on running them up or something like that.

2018-03-02 00:00:02

thanks for the hints CW but I think a ranger might know where the plants are.

2018-03-02 00:39:59

Correct. I was trying to point that out with the hints. LOL. Hope that clueing you in about living off the land would give you a hint about the plants. LOL. Now you know who to take with you.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-03-02 08:35:34

I've been all over the graveyard trying to find the nightshade plants and When I go to the graveyard I see a lot of fences and gates but I do not know where the shrubs are that have nightshade plants.
the only objects I can find are tombstones and more open graves.
are there any other places becides the graveyard that have nightshade plants?