2018-02-18 12:53:19

ok so did the following quests, any more I need to do? Note that I killed liam and took the amulet.
spoilers

Actually Love
Pilgrim's Progress
A Balancing Act
Laying Down the Law
Betrayed
Brother's Keeper
Getting at the Heart
You Can Lead a Horse to Water...
The Good Shepherd
Stolen From the Rich
Time in a Bottle
Finding the Founders
Who Framed Rogarr Rabgurg?
The Sweet Smell of Success
Tools of the Trade
Test Your Metal
Supply Lines
A House Divided
No Rest for the Wicked
Family Legacy
Trouble Sleeping
Horsepower
Strange Bedfellows
Predators and Prey
The Exterminator
Ancient Evil
A Hero's Call
The Ties That Bind
An Offer of Aid
Reunited
Haunted By the Past
The Goblin King and I
Business as Usual
Actually Love

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-02-18 15:25:52

I've already written into support, but posting it here in the event it gets read here first as post one suggests might be possible.
*slight spoiler here*
I had just finished the "Who Framed Rogarr Rabgurg" quest, left the dungeon and was on my way to other things and decided to save, when I received the following:

Error in script.
Filename: ScriptCommand
Line: 1
Column: 11, 12
ReferenceError: u is not defined
*end spoiler space*

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-18 17:00:55

hi,
Lol, what is U?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-02-18 18:57:25

that's precisely what the game wanted to know as well, I imagine, given it could not define it.  for the time being, you are not u, nor am I, so I'll leave it to the devs to find u and what it is supposed to mean.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-19 00:04:25

Hi, This is Phoenix.
Major Spoiler
If you decided to kill Liam and take the amulet he wanted to destroy, you cannot access The Slayer quest, which involves Hope and Liam.
End Spoiler

Phoenix

2018-02-19 17:07:36

People does any of us have problem similar like me: when i enter in some places, the game do not take my commands. for example: when i enter in to goblin settlement, and turn my character north. To go at north part of the settlement, and after severals steps, i press q button to hear direction, and game don't say which direction im. And when i try to turn my character east or west, pressing shift plus left or right arrow, or shift plus a or d, my character do not turn. and when i pressed e to hear what is in front of my, again my screen reader don't speak anythink. Is it bug or what? This problem i have when i enter in some places in forrest and in to goblin settlement.

2018-02-20 21:12:41

Hi, this is Phoenix. I am having issues beginning a new adventure with my character after completing one. When I go to fight the wolves, I automatically lose. I also get a bunch of text errors. This does not happen when I start with a clean slate, meaning level 1. Also, my main character was a priest. After completing Sister Alexia's quest, only she got the holy warrrior ability. I do not know how my main priest is supposed to get it, as I do not see it in the list of skills you can buy.

Phoenix

2018-02-20 23:00:54

@Milos: Yeah, we're in the process of trying to fix some of these performance issues. Unfortunately there's some serious inconsistency in who is or isn't experiencing them (i.e. it's not something that's being seen by people with bad hardware, but not people with good hardware) so that makes it difficult to actually troubleshoot and solve the issue. You're not alone, though, and hopefully we're on our way to making some headway on the issue.

@Phoenix: Regarding your new game bug, did you recently email support? If so, we received it, and you can expect a message back in the near future. As for Holy Warrior—you can't. Only Alexia can learn this skill.

2018-02-21 02:41:32

Sorry for the double-post...

@Milos: If you haven't already, shoot an email to support[at]outofsightgames.com mentioning your lag issues. We're testing out some performance improvements that might help you out and I'd love to have you give them a try. This applies to anyone else who's experiencing lag in areas such as near the river in the Great North Road, and the Goblin Settlement and/or Great Bridge in the Goblin Tunnels.

2018-02-21 05:34:53

Hi.
I need to find the two keys to the novincias crypt. I can't remember, I know they are in one of the graves I can't remember where it is. Can someone help me?
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-02-21 15:03:45

Joseph Westhouse, I know I am late to this, but why is there no demo of A Heroes Call? It is not the same to just have some videos on you tube hearing someone playh the game.  I think there should be a demo, what if I don't like the game.  I spent money I didn't want to spend yes I know it is only $20, but that's not the point.  I hope you guys will put in some type of demo in the future.

2018-02-21 16:22:27

@Kody: It's a good question. The answer really has two sides—the practical side, and the business side. The practical side is just that the nature of the gameplay makes it difficult to create a clearly defined demo. We would want any demo to include combat as well as exploration, but the logistical difficulties of determining that you can enter some areas, but not others, was more than we wanted to deal with, particularly in light of reason #2.

But the second, and more important reason, is that there is a lot of data to indicate that game demos actually hurt game sales. And since the overwhelming majority of game developers, from small indies to triple-A studios, do not offer demos of their games, we didn't see any reason to buck the trend. We think the demo recordings give players more than enough idea of what they would be spending their money on, and the price point is low enough by audio game standards that it doesn't seem like that big of a gamble. So the question was: what do we stand to gain by offering a demo, and what do we stand to lose? And all of the data indicates that we have more to lose than we do to gain.

2018-02-21 17:34:09

Hi Joseph, did you planning to make any dlc in which you can add new main quest?

2018-02-21 17:42:14

I am neither able, nor willing, to comment on any plans for DLC/expansions, because unless anything is officially announced by Out of Sight Games, there's really nothing to say. Also, did you see my request in post #1634 asking for an email about your lag issues?

2018-02-21 17:57:57

yes i will send a mail...

2018-02-21 18:27:40

Hey Joseph, I sent you emails on Jan 20 and Jan 27 via replies to the (A Hero's Call Update 1.2) email you sent out, but I haven't gotten any replies yet.
I figured you were busy with graphics, but I just want to know if you got them and wrote down the bugs and typos.
Speaking of graphics, and I hate to be the guy that asks because no one has yet, but we're 3 weeks past the (estimated) date for them to be out, so I was just hoping for a status update?

2018-02-21 22:28:30

@Kodi (Post 1636) Unless it's a demo that's strictly hampered, thereby requiring extra coder time to deliberately rip out huge chunks of the game, demos are usually hotbeds for cracking. Even if cracking isn't an issue, that's dev time into a demo that I think would be better spent on the game itself. Joseph is right in that plenty of Indie and mainstream titles forego playable demos, and I think it's fine for AHC to do likewise. If you're unsure about the game based on playthroughs you've heard, do yourself a favour and pass on buying the game. I personally love AHC, but it's easier to be bereft of a game than it is to part with money and then be disappointed by said game.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2018-02-22 02:46:40 (edited by defender 2018-02-22 02:47:33)

Hey Kai, I was meaning to thank you, for doing such a nice job.
I think that's probably you in the credits under additional audio processing right?
Not sure what exactly you worked on if so, but the sound effects in this game are pretty much all great...
Congrads on getting to be part of such a landmark project!

2018-02-22 04:35:29

Defender, looks like I did indeed get those emails. Sorry for missing them... As for graphics, there's nothing I can say at the moment. I do want to make some sort of public progress update in the near future though, as soon as we can get this next update hammered out. So once v1.3 rolls around, stay posted for that...

And yes, for the record, Kai was a life saver. I know the game may not have gotten here as quickly as people would have liked...and I know that some could make the argument that it probably came out too soon...but all I can say is, without Kai, the wait would have been considerably longer.

2018-02-22 07:28:30

Thanks Defender and Joseph, but I honestly didn't do very much for AHC. All the sound effects and such are strictly Drew's, and I think he did a much better job than I would've been able to. I really only did what I could to help AHC's progress. I honestly wasn't even expecting an entry in the credits. Lol.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2018-02-22 17:32:28

Kai, I need to disagree with you a bit, and clarify your contribution for public record. Kai didn't do any design work for AHC, but what he did do was a ton of VO processing. While that's certainly not as sexy or flashy as some other elements of sound design, it's incredibly tedious and time consuming, and having Kai do such an awesome job on it really freed Drew up to focus on other aspects.

@Hayri Tulumcu: I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you clarify what you're having trouble with?

2018-02-22 18:52:58

Can anybody give me  hint on where to find the sequence to open the ancient tree in the ruins? I feel like I've looked all over and couldn't find it. I looked in all the towers and went off the roads.
Thanks.

Game Man

2018-02-22 19:32:55 (edited by defender 2018-02-22 19:34:26)

Game man, have you looked in the Fort yet?

Vo processing? You mean like cleaning up background noise from submitted clips? or adding effects...
Either way, if he saved your ass from having to release late than that's still super useful. LOL
And that's okay Joseph, as long as I know your aware of them it's cool.

2018-02-22 21:14:43

Yes. I've looked in the fort as well. Could it be a bug that the the object I'm looking for isn't populated? I've heard others say that it could be an issue with the game saved file. I created a new character and some of the bugs that I'd encountered before seem to be fix.

Game Man

2018-02-22 21:32:23

Rofl. It would be very nice to see any new quests, and enemies. hmm. I want a zombies. smile This game is really cool, and some new maps would be very good, and every  played hour is good hour. smile So, good work people from out of sight games.