2018-01-12 18:09:07

Sorry about our server issues this morning. If anyone purchased the game while the server was down and hasn't received their welcome email please email support[at]outofsightgames.com.

Correction of misinformation above ***minor spoiler regarding "Family Legacy" quest*** - Finding the book will not start the Family Legacy quest. It is necessary to advance the quest, but the quest begins by going to a certain location, with a  certain character in your party, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

@Jayde #951: Once we have as many stability issues as possible resolved, I'm thinking of hosting an informal speed-run competition here, just for fun. Will be very interested to see how quickly this can actually be done.

@CrystalD #955: It's one of my favorites, too, for reasons of character development. Plus, the reward is (in my opinion) pretty epic. Glad you enjoyed it.

@SeanTerry01 #956: No, that is not the right book.

For those with trouble entering the grassy knoll, ***spoilers/pro-tips below***

This one is a little tricky. Since you can see it to the east from the road, but can't get to it from there, you have to go into the woods and come at it from the opposite side. However, when you get to the break in the undergrowth that lets you head west to reach it, you won't be able to see it from where you are. All I can say is head into the forest, past where the grassy knoll is located, then look for a way back toward the road that is roughly across from where the knoll was. Honestly not sure if this is helpful or not but hopefully it will be. Also remember that you can explore using the top-down map and set a marker on your map if you find it that way.

2018-01-12 19:19:25

hello guys, I want to say that this game is one of the best audiogames I've ever played, now I have a doubt that haunts me in a part of the forest. I found a tree, but only that it asks for a combination to press that I do not discover, I already walked with all of my party, however, I can not find even an item or evidence to discover the combination. in this tree, the following combination appears to find out:

Five figures are carved upon the trunk of the giant tree before you.
Press the carving of a honeybee.
Press the carving of a river.
Press the carving of a seed.
Press the carving of a sun.
Press the carving of a tree.

Can someone help me figure out the answer to this combination?

2018-01-12 19:28:10

spoiler hint!
You might have picked up a book, a note, or what ever you call it from the sothern watch tower. I can say that those combinations are depended on the note.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-01-12 19:55:20

I don't recall finding this when I did a topic search, but what am I suposed to do to finish the balancing act? It says I either need fire magic or a special tool... and I have Gwen in my party who can use fire magic. What am I missing here?

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-12 20:49:18

hi,
it triggers on a specific coordinate. Walk all in the sap, water vanes or reservares until it triggers.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-12 20:58:58 (edited by kianoosh 2018-01-12 21:02:53)

spoilers,,,, again!
At 979 get guen in your party(To be sure of it, Get mathioss the ranger too), And go around the prison hedges. She burns them after the ranger and your dialogs

---

2018-01-12 21:02:03

I'm not talking about the prison, but thanks for that tip... I lucked out across that one/ I cleared the hedges... guess I should've been more clear. I'm talking about specifically the quest caled "A Balancing Act". If you clear the hedge and enter the prison, you complete Brother's Keeper. I'm trying to bring balance back to the forest by manipulating the sap and water vains, just not sure how to go about doing that.

2018-01-12 21:19:32

Hey assault_freak, yeah this is an area trigger—you'll want to walk right up to the thickets that you're trying to clear and it should trigger.

2018-01-12 21:40:02

Funnily enough, I figured this out right after posting... I do wish the area wasn't so exact though, it's very easy to miss if you aren't trying to walk over every inch of space you can. But at least it's been answered... for the next person who needs the clue. haha.

2018-01-12 23:52:24

I had to start over because of my laptop dying an annoying, and well, not unexpected, but very rapid death overnight two days ago. I have since extracted the hard drive, and so once I have a new laptop, I have one now, which is the point of this topic, I will buy an enclosure, slap the drive in there, and pull everything off it, reformat it and use it as a backup drive.

The point of this post is that I have a low spec machine from 2013 until I can save up to get something akin to what I had before. This is an asus laptop, its got an i3 that actually clocks in a bit faster than my i5 at 2.5 GHz, its got a 5400 half terra HDD, and the real bottle neck of the system is the memory, its got 4 gigs of RAM. I was surprised, and very pleasantly so, to find that A Hero's Call runs not only good, not only fine, but great on this little lappy. Since starting the game up, I haven't experienced any lag, microstutters, crashes, hangs, or freezes of any kind. I think this speaks a long way for the team's good optimization of the game, and suggests that you can play it on a lower spec machine. Maybe you would have trouble on a 1.6 GHz netbook, but this Asus handles it fine. I even tried it on the bridge, where people say they've had issues, none here. The sound kicks in and plays on both sides, no lag or anything like that. I haven't made it to the Great Bridge yet, as I've only clocked about a half an hour in the game so far, with this new save file. My old save I did have a version of t in dropbox, butI figured if I was gonna go that far back, I might as well start over. I need to look into a way to automate that. For instance, have a script that runs once an hour that copies that new file into the dropbox, overwriting the previous one, or even do incrementally, so you have like savefilename_001.sav and that 001 would become 002 and so now, it would then go and clear out the oldest ones, say keep them around two days and then clear out the oldest ones, so if anything went screwy, I could have a series of incremental saves to pull from.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-12 23:57:07

Hi all,
slight
spoiler
ahead
Does anyone know how I can complete the good shepherd, but at the same time the tavern quest is happening too? I've found Alexia but when I go back to the temple and talk to the father, all I get is the amulet, so I talk to him about that, but then I get nothing about Alexia. THe Good Shepherd is still in my quest list, and no new dialogue options have appeared, even though Alexia is in my party.
I'm seriously wondering, due to the new update fixing many bugs, whether to just start over with a completely fresh save from the beginning, in case my older save might not be triggering some things correctly.

2018-01-13 00:01:56

Not true I would not ask questions if there was a guide.  however i can undersand your hesitation lol. seriously though i would only look for crap i couldn't find. was unaware the dial puzzle was touched on but in hindsight i should have looked. sorry. I Loved your manamon walkthrough in fact I've not finished the game yet due to life and medical rap getting in the way.

2018-01-13 00:10:43

@978
Yes, someone has already told me about this note of book or note that can be found in the surveillance towers, but here in my game I did not find them, am I going through some bug in the game? several times I have already investigated the northern tower and the southern tower and found nothing

2018-01-13 00:49:01

Hello folks! Anyone else having problems to find the horse?
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-01-13 00:52:04 (edited by kianoosh 2018-01-13 00:53:32)

at zaiko:
spoilers, for the third time!
the note is named misteries of deepwood. Try searching your inv; you might have already picked it up. Another hint. The note was stored in a container there. Don't miss any containers in this game. I found the sacred stone in a skeletel remains. Some players might never guess that such an item would be there. Usually chests and these sort of stuff contain speciall items but no, The ationt shrine in the mines does not have any special items, The same items you can find in other usual containers.
may someone please give me a hint about going over linario mausoleum's rubbles? I already cleared those two other mausoleums(I mean I've deactivated the runestones), Just the one in the linario is remaining. Lol i'm becoming brainless these days; I feel i can't clarify things for myself, I forget things i try to keep up in my mind. By the way My browser searching feature seems to be somewhat broken or something, It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. So please, if possible, Mention it again because it annoys a bit to paste all the text in notepad and search through them. Thanks.

---

2018-01-13 01:31:44

Post 990
Spoilers
You cannot go through that particular Mausoleum from the graveyard, you have to come at it from the catacombs.
  I’ve actually found and completed the family legacy quest. That was really awesome! Now, to my knowledge, I am missing three quests. I’m not sure what they are or where to find them. One of the four that I’m missing, I’m not able to do because I messed that part up. So as said before, there are three that I’m still looking for.

2018-01-13 02:04:26

So I've been trying to avoid this thread out of a desire not to be spoiled, but i'd like to congratulate the team on a game well created. I just completed the main story for the first time. I've still got a few side quests open, but I think it's time to lift the veil and allow myself to read posts in here, as I'm sure there are many tips and tricks to discover and share.

So my first question, apologies if it's already been discussed. Do daggers do anything special? I've noticed that their weapon ratings are a lot lower than other weapons available at the same time. My first thought was "Oh, they must do extra damage with Sneak Attack and other thief attack skills", but after playing around with different weapons, it really doesn't feel like they do. I do a lot more damage Sneak Attacking or Finessing with huge warhammers than I do with daggers. I do know heavier weapons slow you down, but there are plenty of higher rated weapons that aren't super heavy, like the elven longsword. Do daggers have a purpose I haven't figured out?

2018-01-13 02:15:27

Hi. Please, can I play this game with game pad without mouse? I have tried it, but I can't turn left or right, only like w, s, a, and d.

2018-01-13 02:24:34

@990
I found the book in the Ruined Fort, but I do not understand, at least in this book there are texts! I did not find the combination of the tree. follows the text that is written:
Though small in size, respect my role; within me dwells a giant soul.
As I reach to touch the sky, deepwood, never let me die.
Tiny worker though I be, the mighty woods depend on me.
To all that's living, life I give; but deep within me, you can't live.
If I am gone, you'll never see; but look too close and blind you'll be.

what this means?
and on the Graveyard, I also managed to neutralize the two stones, just the last stone I can not find

2018-01-13 02:39:40

So I've finished the game and I just want to make sure I didn't miss a quest...
Slight spoilers
I've read the tail of Titus Adrianus and I've completed the family legacy quest, but I haven't found a cabin north of the river, just an abandoned hut, nor have I found one in the Deepwood ruins anywhere, and I've searched there thoroughly.
I tried taking Gwen to the troll den with the ring on, then talking to her their, but still nothing.
So is their even a quest? or was it just a joke slash unwritten one.
End slight spoilers

2018-01-13 02:58:47

spoiler
I'm doing the changing of the guard quest and after I talked to the captain  I went back to tell Wilhelm but, I don't see the option to tell him that I told the captain about him.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-01-13 03:14:32

@992. press the number five while looking at a dagger.. you will notice that most of them are equipped with some sort of efect. Poison, confusion, increasing crtical chance, etc. Dagers are usually meant to be equipped with a heavier weapon, or in the case of my version of Simian... he dual wields a pair of daggers that both poison enemies.

2018-01-13 03:28:38

Slight spoilers ahead, ctrl F for abc to skip them.

995: How did you complete that quest without finding the hut? either you forgot or you somehow skipped some steps. Either way, you might want to email support outlining what you did.

abc

I did notice the affects on the daggers. My impression is that taking at least half off my damage capability isn't worth having a chance to poison or whatever, especially when there are poison items I could use to get the same effect, but I'll have to play around with dual wielding to raise the chances. I know accuracy drops if you do that, but perhaps enough strength or dexterity will help with that.

2018-01-13 03:30:56 (edited by defender 2018-01-13 03:38:33)

I didn't finish the quest, I just found a way into that area with the den.
I haven't even started the quest... that's what I'm trying to do.
Also, thieves can just poison their weapon anyway, out of combat as well, or you could use a strong or above poison, the royal goblin scimitar and goblin scout bows aren't bad for the first several levels either.

2018-01-13 04:17:09

@993 both methods are supported. I have played with a controller, it works quit well.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united