2017-06-21 13:34:31 (edited by adaavery 2017-06-26 07:46:00)

It is really very fantastic..

2017-06-24 06:58:31

has the release date been changed or is June actual?

2017-06-24 08:19:47

June was never a set release date, just a hopeful ballpark.

as you can observe from the other thread about this game, the final round of beta testing will be starting soon. Hopefully the testing team will help get everything ironed out in short order!

2017-06-24 18:44:09

Let's try for Christmas? Hahaha.

2017-06-24 20:59:55

Oh no if so, this'll be shocking big_smile christmas is too far. I expect it to be available in July or August, depending on the beta testing period I think.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-06-25 00:17:58

As consumers, we don't have any expectations that are justifiable, especially when the developers have stated clearly that June was only an estimate. It could be summer, it could be Christmas... and if life gets in the way, it could be early next year. One way or another, it will be out soon. We shouldn't be expecting any release period.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-06-25 01:48:52

Agreed with Assault Freak. I would love for the game to be out in time for my birthday this coming Friday but it most likely ain't gonna happen LOL. It'll come out when it comes out.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-27 05:21:18

but whenever it does, it'll be epic. untill then playing paladin of the sky. haven't beaten it yet.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-06-27 12:35:57

I'm doing the same with Manamon.  got to the stone puzzle and stopped for some reason. 
I've just been listening to the audio demos recently as I'm so excited for this. smile

2017-06-27 17:43:35

Yup I downloaded most of those, at least the ones that could be downloaded. I'll most likely be buying the soundtrack in addition to the game.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-27 20:45:22

My situation is a bit more difficult, while I've beaten most rpg audio games, I didn't find any snack to enjoy until ahc comes out big_smile big_smile.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2017-06-27 21:19:26

Shadow Line will still be a game I come back to again and again. That game and AHC wil become timeless classics... at least for me.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-06-27 21:34:56

LOL I suppose I should get back into Shadow Line seeing as I'm closer to beating it now than I ever got before.

2017-06-27 21:40:37

Hey.
Well guys, the game will come out when the dev team thinks that the game is ready, if it is coming at Christmas Eve, well, it does, and for a quality game like this, I don't mind a longer waiting period.
While we are at it, I have to admit that I haven't really looked much at this topic, so which audio demos are available now actually? Would love to hear more sneak peaks of the game in action.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-06-27 22:20:00

http://outofsightgames.com/a-heros-call/audio-demos/
There's also a combat demo of the game but doesn't exist on their site nor youtube, but I have it on my dropbox. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hrx … o.mp3?dl=1
Also there's a sneak peak on youtube of what to experience in ahc from Farhaven's citizens voices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1muxa4OazY

Kind regards!

2017-06-28 01:37:58

Hey gang,

First off, it really does my heart good to read the kind words on this thread—both in regards to how excited you are about the game, and your patience and understanding in spite of how eager you are. It's honestly been a slightly discouraging couple of weeks, so that was a nice boost for me.

So, here's a little inside scoop, unofficially, while we wait to put out an official update on release. It's definitely not happening in June (in case you hadn't guessed). We aren't quite able to give you a firm date yet, but I can say that the final stages of development are taking a little longer than we'd hoped, for a couple of reasons. First, we had some business-related logistics that we had to get squared away before moving forward on some other things, and those have taken much, much longer than we expected. That's a bummer, but it is what it is.

The second reason has to do with the voice work for the game. We decided to contact a VO editor to process all of that so that our sound designer could spend what precious time he has (outside of a full-time job and other responsibilities) focusing on designing audio assets for the game and dialing in the technical sound design for the best possible experience. This was the most efficient option, which meant it was the option that would see us releasing as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the VO has proven much more time-consuming to process than we had expected. What that means is that we are not going to be able to afford having our VO editor do all of the processing—meaning that Drew, our sound designer, will have to do a significant chunk of the processing himself. Which is going to push back his timetable considerably. How considerably is difficult to tell—depends on how much free time he can find in the next few weeks.

So that's where we're at. Pretty soon we'll be adding a PayPal donations widget to our website. Anyone who wants to help hurry the process along can feel free to donate to the game at that point, as additional funds would allow us to get a few more hours of work out of our VO editor, and take some of that work off Drew's plate. Otherwise, we'll just keep pushing as hard as we can, and get this thing released as soon as it's ready.

2017-06-28 01:57:15

A little disappointing to be sure but as you say, it is what it is. I will certainly donate a small amount here and there when and if finances allow. If this had come up next summer it might not be such a problem, as I hope to have all my extra debts paid off or close to it by then, at which point I could actually fork over a nice little chunk. But I'll send in what I can as my current situation allows. I've been waiting for an RPG of this sort for about fourteen years, which is about how long I've been part of the blind gaming community, so if I can support it in any way, however small, I will certainly do so.

2017-06-28 02:49:21

Hmmm well I will put some toward the game.
However maybe you could open up some of the kickstart perks to the paypal donaters or allow preorders.
I know the game is going to be good, I'd like to reserve my coppy for the full audio/graphics games, with sound track, allow me to do that and I will put some cash towards it.
Sadly I need to put some cash into updating out of date screenreaders, cd writers, and trying to upgrade my old ish gaming and work wrig but I have got someone to sort out the really expensive stuff I think so its just my wrig and extra hardware.

2017-06-28 08:01:29

Honestly, if a couple extra weeks means a more polished product, I say do whatever it takes. That being said I'll definitely throw some donations your way. Needless to say I'm super excited to play as much as the rest of us sure. More time to finish Manamon in the mean time though

2017-06-28 09:00:48

Thanks for the update Joseph, no matter how long the game takes to be released I'm sure the wait will be well worth it

2017-06-28 11:23:22

I think We can wait as long as needed just to get fantastic product. I'll support you more guys when donation system will launch even if I already backed the project I'll add to it as much as possible even, if it will be just a few bucks. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-06-28 11:43:53

agreed with the others above.  this project is really special to me, so I will definitely donate what I can to help out. 
The inclusiveness is a huge part of why. big_smile

2017-06-28 12:55:19

Joseph,
I did appreciate the sneak peak of the Farhaven's citizens.
How about posting one  new  citizen talking or creature sound each week?
You could start with your playing a drunken bard in the game.
Thanks for the update.

2017-06-28 15:45:06

Fill. Nope. It will give out too much.

2017-06-28 21:03:53

As much as I can't wait to experience more game audio I must nevertheless still agree with Amerikranian on this one.