oh what a sad thing has been going on in servers lately.
Basically a bunch of elitist groups and racist people too. But what should you expect from that age group any way. Others, who managed to somehow hack the .dat file have around 10 million objects why are they even playing. in fact, why are you going to host a public online server if your sweet suck up friends are the only ones allowed.

Thumbs up +1

Thank you, I completely agree with that assessment. I think I had previously complained about the same thing a bit, but it got wiped out when the forum had its setback a few weeks ago. Something really does need to be done about this, though. I had originally proposed language channels, for lack of a better term. This would not necessarily get rid of the greater problem, and, at the risk of sounding racist myself, I notice this more when playing games with people who speak languages other than English. They either kick you if you have an English sounding name, or talk about you in a manner which is clearly derogatory, even if you haven't gone through all the trouble to grab the chat messages and run them through Google Translate, you can kind of tell. Having said that, I'm sure there are elitist groups of people who speak English as well, so I really hope I'm not coming across the wrong way here. My point is, if you could set a flag, much the same way as you determine whether you want teams, special bonuses, etc., for your language, it might cut down on some of this crap, because you would be able to see it before joining the server.

But, yes, people should really just stop being buttheads. Since buttheads seem to be the new normal, however, it seems like some measures need to be put in place to prevent them from using public servers for their perverted playground.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

Thumbs up

well, if not to at least prevent those who have hacked their file and have like 22102814 objects from playing online

Thumbs up

Well, yeah, that's an issue, too. I actually haven't encountered that, to be honest, but there should be a way to prevent such blatant cheating if it's happening on a regular basis.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

Thumbs up

1,555 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-06 23:04:08)

I don't know how this happened, but my exe file for running the game has disappeared! I tried to play from the shortcut on my desktop, and it said the file had been changed or moved. When I looked in the folder, everything else was in the folder except the exe file. I haven't touched anything. In fact, I haven't played since yesterday. I tried to extract everything again from the zip file and paste the exe file into the existing folder, and it did nothing. I saved the previous files to a flash drive and re-downloaded the game. Now when I extract from the new zip file, all I get is the changelog, nothing else. There is no exe file at all. I tried setting file explorer to show hidden files and folders, and that did nothing either. Does anybody know what might be going on?

Thumbs up

I have an answer: my anti-malware application detected it as malware! My mom seems to think that might be what killed the old computer. Guess I won't be playing this game anymore. OH well; it was fun while it lasted.

Thumbs up

Okay, update: I uninstalled the antimalware software, tried to download Crazy Party again, and got the same results. I'm pretty sure the whole thing gets downloaded; it says it's 276 MB. I go to extract it, and I just see the changelog file only. But here's the strange thing: I can press enter on the zip file and see everything, including the exe file. When I try to run that, it says "this application may depend on other files in this folder" or something like that, and it asks me to extract the files again. I do, and again I see only the changelog file. Please note: I do have Windows set to show me hidden files. I haven't the slightest idea what is going on here. Can someone try to download it and see if this issue is reproducable? Thanks.

Thumbs up

Which antivirus are you using? I can't remember if you said whether or not you're using Windows 10, but, if so, if you uninstalled a third party antivirus, it will fall back on Windows Defender, which also thinks this game, as well as many other programs written in BGT, are viruses. You'll need to make an exception for it in Windows Defender, or whatever antivirus you're using. It sounds to me like smart screen might be turned on, which is what's causing the file to be erased as soon as it's downloaded. Disable smart screen, then turn off Windows Defender temporarily while you download the file. Then, extract it, and place it in the directory where you had it originally. At that point you can create an exception so it will no longer scan that folder, then reenable Windows Defender, and you should be good to go.

Thumbs up

1,559 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-01 22:33:54)

I am running Windows 10. I had been using Malwarebytes and it flagged the file when I did a scan. I tried to make it an exclusion in Malwarebytes, and it didn't work, so I uninstalled that, but this computer also came with McAfee, which I can't even use, and I'm thinking of uninstalling it so I can just use Windows Defender. I'll try your suggestions. I guess I need to get rid of McAfee first.

And I can't get rid of McAfee because I can't read the screens!

Thumbs up

It's odd that this game is being flagged for just about everyone at this point in time. I myself had this issue, and I just downloaded the diszip file and skipped the files I already ⠸⠓⠲

Thumbs up

you can also get kasperski, although what that does is stop the smart screen from deleting it, it thinks they're viruses but it will give you a choice whether to delete them or not.

blindness is an ability. not a disability.

Thumbs up

hi, i have a few ideas.
1. User can create custom battle cards, types, arenas and enemies and save this to txt file.
2. User can create a custom soundpacks!

Thumbs up

1,563 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-06 23:05:56)

Good news! I finally got rid of McAfee! I had to download a demo version of JAWS to do it, but still I ditched McAfee, which I believe was the main culprit, and am now using Windows Defender. I downloaded Crazy Party again, and just to be safe added the exe file as an exclusion. I overwrote the relevant files with the saved ones I had, and now all my data, unlocked minigames and all other such things are back, and I can play again! smile

Thumbs up

pates wrote:

hi, i have a few ideas.
1. User can create custom battle cards, types, arenas and enemies and save this to txt file.
2. User can create a custom soundpacks!

Um, first of all, I don't see how all that helps keep the exe file from being eaten by the paranoid antivirus guard? Second, I saved the decks folder and other data files just as they were. I have the game and everything else back now, so all is well.

Thumbs up

You must add a game folder in to your anti virus list of safe programs

Thumbs up