2018-09-29 04:29:24

oh what a sad thing has been going on in servers lately.
Basically a bunch of elitist groups and racist people too. But what should you expect from that age group any way. Others, who managed to somehow hack the .dat file have around 10 million objects why are they even playing. in fact, why are you going to host a public online server if your sweet suck up friends are the only ones allowed.

Thumbs up +1

2018-09-30 01:47:32

Thank you, I completely agree with that assessment. I think I had previously complained about the same thing a bit, but it got wiped out when the forum had its setback a few weeks ago. Something really does need to be done about this, though. I had originally proposed language channels, for lack of a better term. This would not necessarily get rid of the greater problem, and, at the risk of sounding racist myself, I notice this more when playing games with people who speak languages other than English. They either kick you if you have an English sounding name, or talk about you in a manner which is clearly derogatory, even if you haven't gone through all the trouble to grab the chat messages and run them through Google Translate, you can kind of tell. Having said that, I'm sure there are elitist groups of people who speak English as well, so I really hope I'm not coming across the wrong way here. My point is, if you could set a flag, much the same way as you determine whether you want teams, special bonuses, etc., for your language, it might cut down on some of this crap, because you would be able to see it before joining the server.

But, yes, people should really just stop being buttheads. Since buttheads seem to be the new normal, however, it seems like some measures need to be put in place to prevent them from using public servers for their perverted playground.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-09-30 15:16:51

well, if not to at least prevent those who have hacked their file and have like 22102814 objects from playing online

Thumbs up

2018-09-30 18:44:38

Well, yeah, that's an issue, too. I actually haven't encountered that, to be honest, but there should be a way to prevent such blatant cheating if it's happening on a regular basis.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-10-01 05:33:04 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-07 00:04:08)

I don't know how this happened, but my exe file for running the game has disappeared! I tried to play from the shortcut on my desktop, and it said the file had been changed or moved. When I looked in the folder, everything else was in the folder except the exe file. I haven't touched anything. In fact, I haven't played since yesterday. I tried to extract everything again from the zip file and paste the exe file into the existing folder, and it did nothing. I saved the previous files to a flash drive and re-downloaded the game. Now when I extract from the new zip file, all I get is the changelog, nothing else. There is no exe file at all. I tried setting file explorer to show hidden files and folders, and that did nothing either. Does anybody know what might be going on?

Thumbs up

2018-10-01 06:16:44

I have an answer: my anti-malware application detected it as malware! My mom seems to think that might be what killed the old computer. Guess I won't be playing this game anymore. OH well; it was fun while it lasted.

Thumbs up

2018-10-01 18:58:38

Okay, update: I uninstalled the antimalware software, tried to download Crazy Party again, and got the same results. I'm pretty sure the whole thing gets downloaded; it says it's 276 MB. I go to extract it, and I just see the changelog file only. But here's the strange thing: I can press enter on the zip file and see everything, including the exe file. When I try to run that, it says "this application may depend on other files in this folder" or something like that, and it asks me to extract the files again. I do, and again I see only the changelog file. Please note: I do have Windows set to show me hidden files. I haven't the slightest idea what is going on here. Can someone try to download it and see if this issue is reproducable? Thanks.

Thumbs up

2018-10-01 19:37:35

Which antivirus are you using? I can't remember if you said whether or not you're using Windows 10, but, if so, if you uninstalled a third party antivirus, it will fall back on Windows Defender, which also thinks this game, as well as many other programs written in BGT, are viruses. You'll need to make an exception for it in Windows Defender, or whatever antivirus you're using. It sounds to me like smart screen might be turned on, which is what's causing the file to be erased as soon as it's downloaded. Disable smart screen, then turn off Windows Defender temporarily while you download the file. Then, extract it, and place it in the directory where you had it originally. At that point you can create an exception so it will no longer scan that folder, then reenable Windows Defender, and you should be good to go.

2018-10-01 23:18:53 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-01 23:33:54)

I am running Windows 10. I had been using Malwarebytes and it flagged the file when I did a scan. I tried to make it an exclusion in Malwarebytes, and it didn't work, so I uninstalled that, but this computer also came with McAfee, which I can't even use, and I'm thinking of uninstalling it so I can just use Windows Defender. I'll try your suggestions. I guess I need to get rid of McAfee first.

And I can't get rid of McAfee because I can't read the screens!

Thumbs up

2018-10-02 00:28:35

It's odd that this game is being flagged for just about everyone at this point in time. I myself had this issue, and I just downloaded the diszip file and skipped the files I already ⠸⠓⠲

Thumbs up

2018-10-02 02:19:50

you can also get kasperski, although what that does is stop the smart screen from deleting it, it thinks they're viruses but it will give you a choice whether to delete them or not.

blindness is an ability. not a disability.

2018-10-06 14:46:42

hi, i have a few ideas.
1. User can create custom battle cards, types, arenas and enemies and save this to txt file.
2. User can create a custom soundpacks!

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2018-10-06 23:53:01 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-07 00:05:56)

Good news! I finally got rid of McAfee! I had to download a demo version of JAWS to do it, but still I ditched McAfee, which I believe was the main culprit, and am now using Windows Defender. I downloaded Crazy Party again, and just to be safe added the exe file as an exclusion. I overwrote the relevant files with the saved ones I had, and now all my data, unlocked minigames and all other such things are back, and I can play again! smile

Thumbs up

2018-10-07 13:40:21

You must add a game folder in to your anti virus list of safe programs

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2018-10-19 20:06:39

Does anyone know why the public server is down?

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

Thumbs up

2018-10-19 21:56:59

now I cannot download this games do you have link?

Thumbs up

2018-10-20 00:34:45

general server of crazy party is down. we must wait. You can play using private servers

Thumbs up

2018-10-21 16:35:40

just for your info playing crazy party beta 61 and in the plain world when you play the game bulls enclosure; game is BS cause its almost impossible to make it north cause most of the time mooo' ,moo'oooo thump youdie. if there is a trick to getting by the bulls every time i'd love to know

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

Thumbs up

2018-10-21 19:29:22

I have a suggestion about the intellectual world. I think it would be cool if there could be another path added with word games rather than math games, that way everyone is happy. If you're great at math, you can take the math path, if your strength is more with words, you can take the word path. I do think they could converge at one point so that everyone has to do a couple of each type, but for the most part, it would make that world a bit less frustrating.

Also, in my personal opinion, the slide puzzle belongs in the intellectual as well. It's kind of odd for there to be a slide puzzle out in the middle of a desert, mixed in with all those action games. You could put a game in there that's just as hard, if you wanted to not compromise the difficulty of the world in general, but it makes sense to me. What does everyone else think?

2018-10-23 05:05:47

I think that's a great idea to have a word games path! Hang Man Anagrams among others would be fun to play! Maybe a even harder braille test game. I also think a Jungle World would be really cool! Games with elephants, monkeys, lions, bananas and all sorts of cool stuff like that! Maybe even a Pirate Ship world just some thoughts! I love this game and I'm hooked!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

Thumbs up

2018-10-23 22:07:30

yeees maybe word world xD or office world. With word games

Thumbs up

2018-10-23 23:02:21

Office world is actually not a bad idea either, you could have a game similar to working waiter where you had to deliver coffee to different cubicles, and the longer you take the colder the coffee gets, so you would lose points. You could also have some sort of photocopying game, where you need to make exact copies of a page based on its sound. I haven't really thought through how that would work, but I bet it could be done. or how about a disgruntled employee game, where you decide you've had enough complaining for one day, and you've got to run through the entire office building in a set amount of time, and not get grabbed. It would work similarly to papirazi's madness in that getting stopped by a customer causes you to lose points.

2018-10-24 01:28:36

some stuff I'd like to see in the way of worlds.

Viking world
pirate world
space world
mythic world (all sorts of greek, roman, and other mythology-themed games)
meteorological world: all games are weather themed.
arctic fissure: games involve both fire and ice.
The light: most games involve light or heavenly scenes.
western: wild west stages
battlefield: army and military games
toy: in a world of giant toys and games would be themed on classic nostalgic toys.
library: perhaps a setting for word games.
school: based on school
university: college-themed games.
stadium: all sports-themed games.
Olympics: harder version of sports games level.
slums: darker version of city.
ghost town:
treasure world:
village
swamp
prison
moon
UFO
Space Station.
laboratory
mansion
temple
Aztec

that's pretty much all I have for now. I like all the modes of play but would much rather see more minigame levels and board game maps. especially the second. All they really do is add cards to the battle mode and it is getting older and less interesting in terms of how excited I get at updates.

Thumbs up +1

2018-10-24 04:23:05

That's quite a list, and I agree with about 80% of those suggestions. I also agree that I would much rather see world expansion over battle expansion, I mean, I like battle mode and all, but once you've beaten it several times over, it loses its appeal. I would absolutely love to see more worlds being added.

2018-11-03 07:18:15

pates wrote:

You must add a game folder in to your anti virus list of safe programs

I have done this now. Since multiple games were being flagged, I created a Games folder and put all the games in there that didn't get installed in Program Files or Program Files x86. Then I just told the software to exclude the whole Games folder.

Now in Crazy Party, I'm completely at a loss on the sticks game in the Circus world. I've heard some ideas on how to win that game, but none of them have worked for me.

Thumbs up