2015-11-09 04:15:56

Hi there.
I don't like your one time link policy.  What if our internet connection gets flaky and it drops out during the download.  This did not happened to me, but other might not be so lucky.
In my case, my download manager, which I thought I turned off, caught the download and now I have to wait for the link to be manually reset again.

2015-11-09 07:13:14

whocrazy wrote:

Hi there.
I don't like your one time link policy.  What if our internet connection gets flaky and it drops out during the download.  This did not happened to me, but other might not be so lucky.
In my case, my download manager, which I thought I turned off, caught the download and now I have to wait for the link to be manually reset again.

the file is only 52 KB in size, so yeah.

2015-11-09 07:19:26 (edited by buu420 2015-11-09 07:45:02)

Well, could someone who has successfully updated the game please post how they did it? I'm still unable to update. I guess I should also ask do i have to buy the translation portion to update the game or is that a separate thing. I was under the assumption that it was.

2015-11-09 07:57:49

Curious for those who downloaded after donating... what files did you get?

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-11-09 09:23:28 (edited by MasterChief 2015-11-09 09:25:05)

assault_freak wrote:

Curious for those who downloaded after donating... what files did you get?

a file named bk3_Translation_Dictionary.zip
inside there is 2 files:

dict.dat
readme.txt
the read me file has instructions on how to add the English translation to the game, and the dict.dat file is the file you apply those instructions to.

2015-11-09 09:26:51

Alrighty. Just to clarify, the dic file is the dictionary you get when you buy the translation. All I did was download the dictionary, and place it in the root folder of the game (its literally just 1 file.) Rename it to dic2 or something like that, then run play.exe and update. Then after its updated just rename back to the default. It worked for me, so yeah. Did you try downloading the bk update file from post 17, then replacing the preexisting update file? I did it last night though, so maybe somethings changed since then. and the only 2 files you get is the dictionary file and readme.

2015-11-09 09:51:48 (edited by buu420 2015-11-09 09:54:58)

Well, I didn't purchase the translated version of the game. I just wanted to update the game to play without buying the translation. I don't mind using google translate for now. I have replaced the old updater with the one from the dropbox link and nothing happens when I try to update the game it just restarts the game and creates a file in my bk directory called versionupdate.txt or something like that. And the game does not update it just keeps saying that their is a new version and every time I try nothing happens besides it kicking me out and restarting.

2015-11-09 09:59:58

Hello;

I bought the dictionary and think it's going to be great.

I'm unsure about this but what if the update is only for those that use the dictionary?

I'm gone for real :)

2015-11-09 13:00:49

I got the Translation myself now.
I would like to tell you all some things:
1. the Version 1.62 update can be downloaded even if you don't have the Translation addon.
Apparently the update can't be installed if the Translation is present.
2. The dropbox link in the mentioned post 17 links to the patch to Version 1.60!
This is not Version 1.62, at least according to history.txt.
Thus you can't use it for a Manual update to Version 1.62.
3. For the Moment I can also confirm some game breaking bugs and other smaller issues for when the Translation is in place:
- using strateghy items might cause a game Crash with error 7.
- Atempting to store or take out items in the item warehouse causes another Crash with error 7.
- The descriptions of some weapons is in the wrong order, meaning that the Name of a weapon is spoken correctly, but the description is not the right one.
I currently don't have efull examples, but I think some weapon got wrongly described with the attributes of one of the needle launchers, allthough the weapon in question was not the said needle launcher.

Attention!
Switching back to Japanese won't fix the game crashes!

If you update to Version 1.62 without placing the Translation file into the game Folder, you won't get many Errors for common things like using items or going into the warehouse.

2015-11-09 13:10:08

Unfortunatelly, I can not pay for it now.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2015-11-09 14:34:48

I'm very sorry for the bugs all around the gameplay. This is completely my fault. It proves that the testing of our development team was not enough.
It's natural that everyone complains about the bugs or the game's stability, and I understand the point that someone doesn't want to pay for such a bugged services.
I'm fixing the bugs now, and it's getting better. If you don't want bugged translations, please wait until everyone says the stability and playability are enough. I will never abandon the project.
Version 1.63 will soon be available. I'll remake the full installer for 1.63 so that anyone who has problems updating the game can apply the changes easily.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2015-11-09 14:45:14

Hi Yukio,
That's great news!
Sorrry for my yesterday post, I just was frustrated. big_smile.
And I'm asking again: Can I translate the game to polish from English lang file?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2015-11-09 14:55:31

I am glad to hear that a new installer will come out soon.
There is a very good reason for this.
I experimented with a fresh copy of BK3 just for update testing purposes.
When I ran the 1.40 Version for the first time, I was asked if I wanted to update to Version 1.62 directly with no steps between.
However I was able to manually copy the bkup.exe and look into ist Contents.
This file only has the updated Play.exe.
However the bkup.exe posted in this Topic on dropbox also contains a modified maps Folder, because it is patch 1.60.
But if I Launch an 1.40 Version and directly update to Version 1.62, this means that no updates to the maps Folder a made, even if the 1.60 patch expliciedly contain a modified map Folder.
I hope that a full installer will solve this Problem for the foreseable future.

2015-11-09 15:18:05 (edited by nyanchan 2015-11-09 15:26:10)

@Nuno
That's no problem. Everyone would certainly complain if the quality were low. It is my job to fix them and make players satisfied.
About translating into other languages, it is possible if the language doesn't contain any accent characters that can't be displayed for Japanese environment.
1.63 is out for auto update. I'm preparing for the full installer, and will come back to inform you when done.
Edit: Damn, I don't like my mobile connection. 50 minutes left.

2015-11-09 15:27:39

after I put the update file in the BK3 folder do I launch the game and let it update?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2015-11-09 15:33:02

Buu420: It sounds like the game might be caught by your antivirus. I'm not sure how to fix this.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-09 15:39:48

can i remove the dic file for now and will I be able to play as normal?

2015-11-09 15:43:53

You can delete the dat file, but I strongly recommend making a backup of the data because it is required to install the addon to a different machine.

2015-11-09 15:45:38

What do you mean by the accent simbols? ś, ę, ć, ó, ł, that's all diacritic characters in polish. And if you want, I can help ya testing. Just fire me mail at [email protected]
or skype: Dragonofdeath9

2015-11-09 15:59:39

Hello,
I personally didn't have any updating problems. I haven't used the updater posted on Dropbox. Instead I have updated via the game menu and it works for me. I am on Windows 10 64-bit. It says that my BK3 version is latest, V1.63.

2015-11-09 16:33:12

The full installer is ready. I hope it's now stable.

2015-11-09 17:20:22

what's the link to the installer for it?

2015-11-09 18:11:03

hello, how did you guys get the translation dictionary? I payed the $5, but I received no email and I wasn't redirected to any site to download the zip file.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-11-09 20:11:20

The servers are down or something.

2015-11-09 20:11:37

send a message with your transaction id from paypal so support@http://nyanchangames.com