2017-07-10 18:34:34

playing episode 2 right now, I have a little question about this one:
at the beginning of the game, after walking around in the bar searching for a wine, I get to a fight with the ironwrath soldiers. in this part, I'm playing as asher forester, with beskha as his partner.
in this fight, is it a QTE or do you have to walk?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-07-10 18:45:10

Oh, this fight is awesome, and very annoying if you don't know what's going on. I had so much trouble with this until someone told me what was going on.
While they are talking, you got two choices between some items which I don't remember what's called in english, which you can use as weapons. You choose one of the items by moving the left analog stick left once, and the other item by moving it to the right. Just one quick move and release it afterwards. If you don't do that' you simply can't hit the enemy in the fight.
When the fight is nearly finish, you have the choice to kill the enemy or let him survive. I don't remember what to press to choose those choices. I got so pissed at him, so I killed him, mostly by accident.
I tell you, there is so much to look forward to in this game. This is just the beginning...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-10 23:21:35

do I need to press another button or just using the analog stick to complete the QTE?
as for the choice if you want to kill the enemy or not, it seams that one is pretty similar like the second chapter of episode 1, in which after garet defeat the boltens and the whitehills, there is someone begging for mercy. in that part, I think there is a choice. you can either attack him by pressing a button or save him if you didn't do anything.
same goes before the centinel meeting, where you have 3 choices to decide the punishment to the guy who said that he is one of the people who stole the weapons. in that part, there is a major decision to make. you can either save him by pressing the X button, send him to the wall by pressing the circle button, or take 3 fingers by pressing the square button. if you press the square button, you get another choice on who will slice him apart. you can cut him yourself or you can let roiland cut him.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-07-11 07:32:35

To pick up one of the items which is used as a weapon, you just need to move the analog stick. Then the fight starts, where you can fight back. If you don't pick up a weapon, the fight will start where you get hit to death.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-07-11 14:47:24

I've passed that part, now moving on to episode 3.
in this second episode, there are many things that are pretty cool, like for example when you have to help rodric stand up by grabbing talia's hand.
the other amazing puzzle is when you have to do 3 activities (last time you said there are 2, which is actually wrong).
in the part when garret wants to train to become a ranger, you have to do 3 things:
1. train to shoot with a bow. in this part, the trainer will tell you where to shoot the targets. just follow his instruction and you'll be fine. but no matter if you successfully hit all of the targets or not, you'll still progress the story.
2. move a barrel to the place where someone swings a sword. in this part, you have to search where the barrel is located, then press X to push it while you walk around by using the left analog stick.
if you think that you have moved it, just release the X button to move on.
3. the last activity that you'll do in this part is to train to swing a sword. in this part, frostfinger will be your sparring partner. to swing your sword, just press the square or the X button while moving the left or right analog stick. again, no matter if you did it or not, the story still continues.
after you did all the training, the next chapter starts, where mira forester is back in kings landing, where she will meet with margery and the laneaster familie.

2017-07-11 14:55:48

It's great to hear that you are that far in the game. I don't remember the parts that detailed, because it's long time since I've played it.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-11 16:43:59 (edited by hanif 2017-07-11 16:50:17)

I'm going to play episode 3 soon, however I did a mistake while the episode is downloading.
I accidentaly press X on restart episode 2, so I must play it from the beginning again.
I'm going to play this until the end of the game and if I can, I'll try to help you if I figure out on how to pass the part where you stuck on until now.
about the fight in episode 2, when you have a choice weather if you want to kill him or not, the buttons are the square button if you want to slash him to bits, or press the circle button or simply just don't press anything and that guy will survive.
I don't know what will happen if you let him survive, but I think you have to fight with the soldier again once more.
but if you choose to kill him (which is the right decision), beskha will kill the remaining soldiers and you'll get out safely when a horse comes up.

2017-07-12 11:14:06 (edited by hanif 2017-07-12 11:17:54)

update: I've recently beaten episode 3, now I'm downloading the fourth episode of the game.
seriously, this game is pretty awesome, especially one of the puzzles and battles are a real challenge.
in episode 3, I nearly gave up at the part where you have to look for a map to the north grove from lord forester's journal. in that part, you have to use the right analog stick and you have to press the triangle button to look around, until you show something to dunken.
after that, look around again while pressing triangle until garret says that there is a glass of some kind. then, do the things above, but this time you have to press the X button until you hear a sound like when you are turning a page of a book. once you hear that sound, you have to press the triangle button, and garret says that it fits perfectly for the map.
do the same things above, until you find the map. after that, garret will show the map to dunken.
after that, simply walk forward and you'll get out from the place where you train to use a bow and such, then garret will go to the north grove.
another challenging puzzle in this episode is when mira forester has to sneak passed the guards. what you have to do in this part is you have to use your right analog stick and press the triangle button until she finds the desk.
after that, tom will say that the guard is coming through the door. in this case, you have to be very careful to not being caught by them or he will stab you with a knife.
to do this, walk backward, then use your right analog stick and press the triangle button to look for a hiding spot. then, the guards will try to find you again, so be very quick to find the book or something that I don't actually know.

2017-07-13 07:35:49

Yes, this game is so amazing...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-13 22:41:03

playing episode 4 right now, currently at chapter 2.
I have a question for this one: right now, I am in the part where garet is going to be excecuted because he killed britt in episode 3. however, a person named cotter is trying to help him get out from the prisoner's cell.
in this part, I heard that you have to navigate around the cell, and after you've successfully completed this part, you have to get out from it without being seen by an arrow-wielding guards.
what should I do in this one? it's before the part where mira forester goes in to the party.

2017-07-14 10:43:55

ok everyone, getting really, really close to the end of episode 4.
I've just figured out away how to pass the part where you are using mira forester and she is attending a party of some kind.
in this part, it's a bit harder compared to any other parts. first, when you walk to the left or to the right, you'll sometime get back to the beginning of the area. second, in certain times, you have to interact with something else, and yu also have to look around. third, I recommend you to turn the volume of the background music a little bit, so you can hear mira's footsteps.
now I think you're probably asking, what should I do? ok, I'll try to explain to you on what should you do:
first, walk forward about 4 or 5 steps, then use your right analog stick while pressing square. this way, you'll talk to damion, who previously trying to kill mira in episode 2.
next up, to the right of him, there is some kind of a recording between lord gari bald harwig and andros. what you have to do here is press the triangle button to look in to it.
if you want to stop listening to their conversation, simply press the circle button.
next, search around, maybe walk back a bit, then to the left, I'm not sure if it is correct or not. after you search around, as usual, after walking, press the right analog stick, and press the square button. if you find it, you'll talk to sarah flowers and lord gari bald harwig at the same time.
after that, try walking to the left, then walk a little bit backward. use your analog stick, then try to press either the X button or the square button. if you press the X button and the character walks, you'll interact with the glass, which you'll take.
next, walk to the left some more, then look while pressing the X button or the circle button. in this case, this triggers a scene between laimond lannister. in that scene, before you talk with him, you'll accidentaly break his glass of wine and the conversation starts.
here, you have the choice on what you want to say. pick one if any, but some minutes later the conversation is interrupted by the arrival of andros, who says that he didn't realise that he is meeting with a forester family.
after that, the character walks automatically, triggering another scene between you and gari bald harwig. here, you have the choice again. for my playthrough, I press the circle button to say that you'll make a trade.
first, he'll tell you about the ironwood from whitehill, then you'll tell him about andros who tries to betray him.
after you talk to him, you're in control again.
now try to search around, until you find a person if you press the square button. this way, you'll talk to sarah flowers again.
once done, nearing her is another conversation that you can listen, between lady margarie and sarah flower, who talks about mira forester disappointed her.
then, walk to the right, use your right analog stick and press the triangle button. if nothing happens, try again, until your character comments that she don't want the flowers anymore.
then, walk left, then try to walk forward while pressing square. if you did it right, you'll meet with damion again.
nearing him, is another conversation between him and margarie, which you can listen by looking in to it.
finally, walk all the way left, search around by walking forward or back. if nothing happens when you tilt your right analog stick while pressing the square button, try walking again to the right and then forward or vice versa.
if you did it right, you'll talk to laimond lannister again, this time he says that you should leave him alone, but your character will force him to talk.
if he says what do you want to say, press square to say that andros betrayed him.
then, he suddenly talks about the ironwood, then suddenly he'll break the glass again. after that, a mysterious person comes and say, "mira, you've done a very grave error".
then a music plays, and then, good luck with your first battle in this fourth episode.
that means, you completed the chapter, now you'll play as garet forester again, this time you will have a battle.
that's it, for the part where you are at the party.
once again, I recommend you to turn the music volume down by pressing start to pause the game, press down once to go to options, confirm it with the X button, press down once to go to audio settings, then after you open it press down once and press the left arrow key to turn the volume down.
when it's finished, press the circle button to save your settings, and press it again 2 or 3 times to return to the game.

2017-07-15 05:25:10

update: episode 4 completed, now moving on to episode 5.
in this episode, the game gets a bit harder to navigate, like in the part where you have to talk to everyone in the party.
for the battles in this episode, you'll be introduced to stealth killing and bow shooting.

2017-07-15 11:10:54

Hi.
Wow. Thanks a lot man. You know what? I feel so stupid. This is the first time I see in those games, that you are forced to use the square button. I feel really stupid... Back to this game, as fast as possible. Again, thanks a lot. We will complete this game, for sure...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-15 11:56:07

you're welcome.
you know, at the part where you have to talk to everyone to start the meeting, you are also forsed to press the square button, cause in that part what you have to do is to talk to everyone.
same goes with this chapter also. however, you'll not only press the square button, you also have to interact or look around by pressing the X button to interact or the triangle button to look around. but in this part, you're task is mostly talk to everyone in the area, so you'll use the square button to do so.
and I think, you're first post regarding to the controls might need to be corrected, mainly for speaking with someone you have to press the square button, not the triangle button.
you also need to add 1 more button for the exploring part, which is the R2 button. if you use it with the left analog stick, the character that you are controlling will run to the direction where you push your left analog stick to.
back to game of thrones, now it's time for me to play episode 5.
seriously, this is where the game starts to become better and challenging. like for example, starting from episode 3, you're introduced to a stealth movement phase. in episode 4, you're introduced to stealth killing, which you will encounter it in the final chapter of the episode. not only that, in the final battle in episode 4 you are not fighting with a sword, instead you are fighting with an arrow, which in certain times you have to press the R2 button to attack.

2017-07-15 15:41:30

Hi.
I hate the part in chapter 4 at the party. You must seriously be damn lucky, or do something else than I'm doing. I have just waisted 3 more hours on this part. The good news though is that I've made more progress than before, but I'm still stuck. I'm still running around in circles, unable to find people to talk to. This part is frustrating me so much...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-15 16:23:44

it's not in chapter 4 actually, but that part you are playing right now is in chapter 5.
this part is actually pretty simple, but as I said, it could take a long time. what you have to do is actually just talk to everyone in the area. to continue the story, you have to talk to lymon lannister 2 times.
at first, if you talk to him, the conversation will be interrupted by the arrival of andros, then margaery will arrive. you won't talk to him though, instead your character walks itself and you'll talk to the lord, and then you have a choice to tell weather sera flowers is actually a bastard or you will lie on him, which makes the lord marry her.
I don't know why, but maybe I'm lucky enough, I just wasted around 30 to 45 minutes to complete this part.
and also, have you tried turning the music down a little bit? if you turn it down a little, you can hear your character walking. the music in this area is quite loud, and the area is also crouded with many peoples talking to each other.

2017-07-16 11:04:14

Yes, I have turned down the volume of the music. Keep going in circles, talk to people by luck and I have used like 10 hours in all on this part. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-16 17:50:30

you have to talk to lymon twice to actually complete the chapter.
after you talk to him once, you'll walk to the lord automatically, and then you have to search around for him again. I think he is in the bottom left. so you have to go backward, then left, then use your right analog stick and press square.
I know it sounds really hard, but I think you should keep trying.
as for me, now I'm at episode 5, in chapter 4.
so far, this episode is a lot easier than the previous one. there are not much walking, instead there are many major decision and the battles are the most heated battle I've encountered so far.
I haven't done the second fight yet, maybe I'll continue it again tomorrow. but for the first fight, you are fighting in an arena of some kind, with many peoples watching the fight.
this time, you are not fighting against the soldiers, but what you'll fight is called a pit fighter, which beskha calls it a strange animal.

2017-07-16 18:21:50

I will maybe return to the game later on. I just can't navigate this damn place.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-20 10:07:24

update: episode 5 and 6 completed, that means I've just beaten the first season of the game.
starting from episode 5, the game becomes a lot easier, cause in this episode there's not much walking around, just choices and some QTE's.
in episode 6, there are 2 parts that are actually quite hard for us. first, it's at the part where mira forester is in a prisoner's cell. what you have to do here is to walk and look around like usual, and then nearing the end of that part you have to look at something when you walk, then you have to use your right analog stick while pressing the triangle button.
after doing that 2 times, now you have to press the X button while pushing the right analog stick. she'll comment that something is lost for the dor, then after she says that now you have to press the square button to talk to the prisoner and the story will continue.
second, it's at the part where you have to take someone's heart. here, you are given a dagger to open the chest. so for that, use your right analog stick and press the X button until the dagger hits it. once done, you have to gra his heart while he is still bleeding. what you have to do is hold down the X button and then drag the left analog stick until you grab it.
other than that, it's nothing special, just stories and some fight with the dragons and the whitehill soldiers.

2017-07-20 12:45:32

Wow. Awesome. Congratulations on beating this game as well. I'm still stuck, and don't know what to do about it.
Before considering making a guide for the game, I think we must find an easier way to use the right analog stick. When we first get lost, we don't have much a chance to know where we are or how to progress. There is not much a point in making a guide, if people just get stuck like I am, and have been for very long time... So therefore, I think we must find an easier way to interact with things before making a guide. What do you think about this?

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-20 23:15:37

I aggree with that. we have to search a way to make looking around a bit easier.
as for me, the thing that I do is walk a little in any direction then use the right analog stick while pressing those 4 interaction buttons. for example, I walk forward about 3 steps, then I use the right analog stick and press those button. if you didn't find anything, try walking to the other direction and use your right analog stick.

2017-07-21 07:51:40

I'm doing the same. Other times, I'm moving backwards, because that'll give a better overview of the room for the character.
My point is: The exploration part is damn easy for the sighted people. It's just walk a few steps, point and click. Therefore, we must at leased find a way to do this, which works all the time.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-07-25 23:19:24

sorry to revive this, I just needed to explain something.
recently, I've just figured out a way how to play previous chapter of an episode without deleting your saved games. here's what you can do :
in the main menu, press the square button to bring up the save slots screen. when it opens, you can press either the up and down arrows to select which save slot that you want, and the left or right arrows to select a previously played chapter of an episode. to confirm it, press the X button, and then go back to the main menu by pressing the circle button.
when you select play, and press X when the episode screen comes up, you'll be instantly directed to the chapter that you've just selected in one save state.

2017-07-26 07:59:02

Wow. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

Best regards SLJ.