2015-11-12 21:51:46

Hmm, my BTSync is saying that it had trouble loading it or something. Odd, because it was actually downloading stuff--I'm guessing the app just transfered the folders I had from 1.0.
But, clicking on the link it's not downloading, so I wonder what's up, and more importantly why BTSync 1.0 had no issues.

2015-11-12 23:13:45

Bt sync has a weird thing where it displays all possible messages, and just hides the ones that don't apply. For blind users, that hiding often doesn't happen, so you'll see that it says there was an error loading bt sync beacuse your web browser is wrong, but that's one of  the hidden messages. When you click the link to hoin the folder, it should bring you to a page where it asks you if you have bt sync 2.0 installed. Since you do, you say that you do. It will ask you to launch an application, choose bt sync, the folder should go into the folders list now.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-11-13 06:39:22 (edited by Orin 2015-11-13 06:43:20)

By default, where are the folders located on the HD? I joined the folder, and nothing has started downloading.
Edit: That's odd, because the message says that I'm using Mozilla 4.0 and that it should work.

2015-11-13 10:16:00

it usually goes to your user folder/bitTorrent sync, you can change it if you click the options button, then click preferences in the menu that opens at the bottom.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-11-13 19:50:30

Well, this folder is really nice! already listened some of the recordings. With my slow internet this will take some time to all load, though. Will have to wait a bit.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2015-11-13 21:06:45

yeah, it's going to take a while to upload. Another 2 days should see my longest-joined members with all the files. Yes, the folder is that big, 10.2 gb

2015-11-13 23:06:55

Do I have to click a join button in Sync to actually join it, or does clicking the link just should start the download? I clicked the link, Sync came up with the usual browser is wrong message, but that's it.
It is still 0 up and 0 down, and there is not a Sync folder in my users folder.

2015-11-13 23:22:02

If you use firefox, and you click the join link in my first post, it will ask you what application to launch. Choose bitTorrent sync. The folder will appear in the list of folders. Once you focus the bitTorrent sync interface by clicking on the web document or moving your focus there using NVDA's navigator, you can see the list of your folders. You can press enter on the folder name to open it up in windows explorer.

2015-11-14 02:12:19

Does the BTSynnc clicker still works?

2015-11-14 02:21:31

I don't really know, but if you use NVDA, you can use the navigator object to find the sync document within the bt sync window, then just use the move focus command, nvda-shift-numpad minus to get into the document.

2015-11-14 04:01:34

I've joined. thanks.

2015-11-15 00:18:44

Wow, is there a way to have Sync use more of my connection perhaps? Right now I'm getting as low as 16K. It'll take years to get everything at this rate.

2015-11-15 02:08:28 (edited by keyIsFull 2015-11-15 02:09:14)

Yeah, I'm not sure why you would be syncing so slowly. I can upload as fast as like 200 kB/s but I'm only uploading at like 30 or 40 kB/s for some reason. I haven't set any upload limits, and I assume that you haven't modified the download limits. The limit settings are in the options button, then the preferences item in the list at the bottom that opens up. Under the advanced tab. Also not helping the situation is that there are only 2 other peers online besides me, and they don't seem to be uploading that fast even though they have almost all the files. More peers = faster uploads for everybody; that's the essence of bitTorrent after all.
And I should swallow my words, i'm now uploading at >200kb/s. Strange how that works, isn't it

2015-11-15 08:04:37 (edited by Orin 2015-11-15 08:09:35)

Can I add Sync 1.x folders to Sync 2?
The reason I ask is that Cary now has a BK3 walkthrough that is much more up to date with the features of the game. She gave me a key for it though.
Edit: So I added a folder and it generated keys for it for me to share. How do I add a key for this folder though that someone else had shared? Unless you can't do this in Sync 2?

2015-11-15 08:22:03

*sad*, could someone who has the folder make a zip and upload? I can't put it apon my self to get bt sync 2. First I don't wanna risk the folders I have going poof, and I generally don't want to loose accessability. And reading threw this entire topic made me agree with my own desission even more. Hope I can get them somehow though.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-11-15 13:04:36

If you were to go into sync 2, click add folder, and choose the new bk3 playthrough Carry has made, everyone who was in it would have to upgrade to sync 2.0 in order to keep using the bt sync features. Sync 2 will automatically upgrade any added sync 1.x folders into sync 2 folders. You would have to copy the old folder somewhere else and add that one to sync 2.0 if you wanted to preserve the 1.x folder. I would love the updated playthrough though, and you can copy that over to the game recordings and reviews folder if you feel like you have enough hard drive space to do it. Though my general recommendation is that people switch to sync 2, even if it means learning a new  interface. Eventually even more compatability issues will crop up with sync 1.3. Or bitTorrent will change its relay server and bt sync 1.3 won't be able to use it to transfer files. Then you'll be forced to upgrade and it will cause an even greater upheaval. and the interface really isn't that bad. I mean I liked the 1.3 interface better, but staying current is more important than staying familiar.

2015-11-15 15:50:18

Do I have write access so I can copy that play through over? I'd be glad to do it.

2015-11-15 17:06:10

keyIsFull, I think it is you that made a file where youwere playing a game named Kill the animals. is there any way to get this game now? can't find it.
Thanks in advance.

2015-11-15 18:52:26

THat's just perilous hearts, it's in the bt sync folder. @orrin yes, everyone has read and write access.

2015-11-15 19:57:50

Ahh, I am sorry for being so stupid, heh.

2015-11-16 14:58:26 (edited by Socheat 2015-11-16 14:59:20)

Well, I've almost got everything in this folder... smile

2015-11-21 01:19:33

Hi,
what do I hear about a current BK3 playthrough? Sounds great. Orin, can you upload it into the folder please? Or did you do it already and I didn't get it? I'm not quite sure if my BTSync is working right all the time, that's why I'm asking. I'd love to listen to that thing! big_smile
Thanks and best regards
Tikki

2015-11-21 01:23:04

No, he hasn't uploaded it. I haven't received it either. I would like to keep both playthroughs for historical and comparison purposes.

2015-11-22 03:26:56

Hi,
ok, thanks. I would like to keep both too, for the reasons you mentioned. big_smile

2015-11-22 15:12:41

Ok, it seems that this bt sync clicker is still works if anyone curious to try anyway.