2014-06-09 09:11:25

I saw a couple people log into shardik, but it does seem to be on all the time. Just think of it as the public server for now, I gess, and wait for someone to log in and play them.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-06-09 13:54:14

Information has been added for the orc race.

2014-06-09 18:44:46

Hi,
Thank you Victorious for your translation efferts,I haven't gone through most of it but I know of people that will find this very useful.
This mod is simpley awesome and I have started playing soundrts again,with this mod,of course!
My favourite race is probably the technical,because of its awesome sounds and such.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2014-06-09 18:49:22

Hi.

Shardik is actually our public server. For playing in multiplayer mode, it's easier to use.

If you want to create your own server, you have to verify if people can connect. Often, it's necessary to reroute the port number 2500  in TCP and UDP. Also, you have to verify if you don't have probleme with a firewall.

2014-06-09 23:12:58

Hi,
I have a suggestion for single palyer. YOu can choose the maps, however, there is no way to sort what order you'll see the mp list in. So, you might end up on a huge map when all you want is a small map, or you might want to sort alphabetically, but at the moment aht doesn't seem possible, as I know it wasn't possible in the original.
Is theree a possibility of adding this feature to the new mod,as it supports screen reader API?

2014-06-10 00:04:05

Hi,
Sorry for the double post, but I've found a second bug. In single player, start a game on, you can't set the speed of the game properly. There is only, slow, normal, fast, and fast 4. However, fast 4 doesn't do anything, and sets the speed to just fast. In multiplayer you've got fast 1, 2, 3 and 4.

2014-06-10 05:54:07

I am looking at the multiplayer server list at the moment. I see 3 servers up, aside from the default.
Two of these are closed or behind firewalls. The other... I'm not sure how to join a game. When I select this server, it lists my name and a second user's name, followed by a multiplayer session, map name and a timestamp. However, my only options are quit and start a game.
Starting a game leaves me in a blank window with my only option being cancel.
I'm not certain what I am doing incorrectly.

2014-06-10 06:29:23

You can't join a game that has already started. To create a new game, choose start game, the map, then the speed that you wand. Then if there are people who are on but not in a game you can invite you can invite them.
@Aaron: how do you check the current speed of the game? I've never seen this yhappen before on single player.

2014-06-10 11:01:30

probably the server is a simple server. If this is so, only the server host can start games. Connect to ehs shardock server which is a public server so anynoe can start a game.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2014-06-10 11:15:22

I'm proud to announce the completion of savage documentation. This means that the documentation is now complete! You can find it at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/213 … glish.html

2014-06-10 13:28:10

Hi.

Thanks Victorious and keyIsFull for this complete  English documentation.

I think we will update the CrazyMod to version 8.1 soon, because laser towers and radar towers should see adjacent squares. Maybe do you have other suggestions or corrections to put in this update ?

2014-06-10 13:55:50

hmm, I thiknk that doing that would make the robots even stronger than they already are. I think robots are extremely powerful, perhaps too much so, but I wouldn't give them up for anything, and they do cost a lot of gold. So on maps where gold is abundant robots are extremely powerful. Another extremely powerful expensive unit set is the elemental, but I think that's even too powerful for the resources it costs. Especially the water elemental, whose damage hits the entire ajacent tile. Perhaps if you changed the damage radius to 6 meters instead of 12, it would make them more balanced. I also think that you should give the technical race at least 1 more unit or building that can see invisible units. They are extremely deficient in that department, which has really disuaded me from playing them. I played victorious today and he took me down with absolutely 0 effort because I had almost no detector units by the time he attacked. It was quite sad.

2014-06-10 14:25:22 (edited by Victorious 2014-06-10 14:26:41)

Some suggestions:
* extend the life of cloned archers. Since each nimble archer is only able to clone once, they should last longer than 10 seconds.
* can you change the english translation for the high quality powder and highest quality powder upgrades to high/highest quality explosives instead?

@Key was full: we should wait for our rematch of savage vs technicals before we can really say whether technicals are difficient. They have anti-air batteries and observation airships, which arguably can be obtained way way more easily than radar towers, drones or mobile sensors. We should also have a rematch for the elementals, because I didn't know what to expect.

Also agreed with him about robotics; they are already extremely powerful as they are, ranking only below elementals for me.

2014-06-10 18:15:30

Hi,
In single player, if you presss f10 to enter the menu, and you press tab, you'll notice that some of the speed options are missing, and the option that says set game speed to fast 4 only sets it to fast. Fast 4 is much faster than just he fast speed.

2014-06-10 22:48:52

Hi.

Aaron, we cannot integrate your suggestions or fix what you have noticed because it should modify source code of SoundRTS. However, we don't know to do that.

The English version of the website include now your corrections and the very good guide by Victorious.

About robotic race, it's right that robotics are strong, but they require to be quiet for a long time. As long as they are not ready, access to resources is very critical for them. Remember that a single ectoplasm can convert an expensive computer! Elementals have not this probleme, but they requiere player to make a choice, because it's very expensive to do all.

About technical race, it's easier in its case to detect invisibility, but it's necessary to protect observation airships and anti-air batteries. This race is very sensitive to lack of coordination. We are not convinced of the need to add an unit.

2014-06-11 00:46:13

Hi,
@pragma: I understand. In that case, I will move on to feedback.
I like this mod a lot, especially the orcs. I just plaed a game with robjoy and pitermach, and ended up building around 15 cannon towers. They were destroyed by the elementals, but it was very epic.

2014-06-11 08:43:13

Oh another suggestion that I forgot to mention: can the following units or buildings with the splash flag without a splash damage specified be fixed so they either don't have the splash flag, or have a damage radius added? earth elemental tower, fire elemental tower, air elemental tower, fire elemental, Aradite,plasma cannon, overheated plasma cannon and rogue

2014-06-11 11:26:18

Hi.

OK for damage radius, I put 0.25 for all, except overheated plasma cannon that have 0.5. Also, I think increase the damage radius of the catapult from 0.25 to 1, because the original value seems low.

About elven, cloning was designed to give a boost in attack. When you want to attack, you select the target square, and instead of giving the order to go, you give the order to clone. Thus, nimble archers go to the target square, and clone into. Of course, for other units, you have to give the order to go.

About technicals, we could add an ability for the observation airship, something like a tear gas that causes damage to healable units and camouflages the friendly buildings and units for 15 seconds. Thus the observation airship would become more usefull, for example hiding bomber airships in an attack.

2014-06-11 12:10:28 (edited by Victorious 2014-06-11 15:58:48)

Ah, thanks for implementing the changes. Understood about clone. Any idea on when the new update will be out?

2014-06-11 15:20:38

I must say this is impressive, looks like you did a really good job on this. So far I only read the documentation, but hopefully I can try to play it soon. Looks like I'll need to find someone to do some multiplayer games with. And undoubtedly I'm going to forget half the units and buildings for every race, but I'm sure I'm going to have lots of fun with this.

2014-06-11 15:54:46 (edited by Victorious 2014-06-11 15:55:45)

One thing I noticed for the technical race is that the airships are really slow - all 4 ships move at only 1.3 metres per second. Can they be made faster? Its funny when peasants and many ground-based units can outrun airships. The observation airship should be faster than the rest because its smaller, and perhaps there could be an aircraft engines upgrade that the airship factory can research for increased speed. Something like 2.75 m/s for observation, 2.6 m/s for fighters, 2.3 m/s for bombers and 2 m/s for transportations after a speed research upgrade?

2014-06-11 15:58:05

It seems like the savage is extremely weak against flying units. The only units that can attack flying units are archers and witches and witches seem really valuable perhaps too valuable to be wasted attacking flying units and perhaps dying. Perhaps you could replace taming wolves with taming hawks? Once you get lions, wolves aren't really necessary, unless you are attacking fast units like peasants or something.

2014-06-11 16:29:09

Hi.

The version 8.1 of the CrazyMod is online.

About the airships, if we modify their speed, we have to modify all the flying units, because I suppose they cannot be faster than the laser vessel. In real life, the airships should be slow, but it's true that they are certainly faster than a man.

The savage race can use units that cost nothing. We think that if these units could fly, they would be too strong. Also, this race have very effective abilities.

2014-06-11 17:13:34

but if you have a flying unit and you use like green storm on a square the flying unit  can just fly around it and avoid all the damge, unless you affect like every single square with that stuff which would basically inhibit all of your own units too. I still think that you should do something about it, bven though those units are cheap they are vulnerable to air units, especially air units that use splash damage like the bomber air ships. A n attck from a bomber airship can knock out tons every single snake on a tile. That just seems bad to me.

2014-06-11 18:38:31 (edited by Victorious 2014-06-11 18:55:54)

The documentation has been updated for version 8.1, and can be found at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/213 … glish.html
@Pragma: is it easier for you if you just link to this file? Otherwise, you'll have to redownload it every time i update it, then post it to your site. I suggest having a link to the file hosted on my dropbox, but also have a backup link for the version stored on your site in case my link ever breaks.

Good work and thanks for the update. BTW for the damage radius changes, were there changes to units other than the ones I specified - earth elemental tower, fire elemental tower, air elemental tower, fire elemental, aradite, plasma cannon, overheated plasma cannon and rogue?