2014-06-27 00:59:34

Update. I am now downloading the stuff now, and actually, @Sebby there's actually a disadvantage to using a webspace versus a bt sync folder. The advantage, of course, is no software installation. The disadvantage, as seen on the many mirrors for things like the dectalk archive that were converted to bt sync, is that the more people downloading the files, the more bandwidth is used, and that means that it things will take more time to download and you may have to pay additional costs for bandwidth. THe disadvantage for a bt sync folder is that there is a client needed, but the advantage here is the exact opposite. The more people download the folder to their computer, the easier the download, and download time will be faster, as with normal bit torrents. It's called seeding. The more people download a torrent, the faster and easier the download becomes, same here.

2014-06-27 01:20:12

@jack: exactly. So while it's really nice to use BTSync, it only works if you're participating, and it completely stops working when everyone buggers off. And people do seem to bugger off when it suits them, without regard to the effect it has on the availability of stuff.

I don't mind hosting the archive if/when it's stamped. Honestly, I pay pennies for S3+CloudFront hosting. Or, others here can use SendSpace pro links, or whatever ... as long as it's completely reliable all the time.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-06-27 03:38:57 (edited by jack 2014-06-27 03:47:07)

Happy to say that I am almost done with the first version of the archive. It will be up soon, and then Sebby may also convert it to a website. But then, if he does that, you will have to email him to contribute your stuff. The thing will be up tomorrow hopefully, but bitcasa is kind of slow on uploading since I flooded it with file upload requests. I do not want anyone to end up getting corrupted setup files. I am right now getting corrupt setup errors on some of the files, so will wait for things to calm down before moving it over to bit torrent sync. I do not know how long this will all take to download, but if it isn't tomorrow, my apologies. Thank you for your patience in advance.

2014-06-27 07:09:39

Not necessarily, I was thinking of just packing the entire structure as seen in the BTSync folder into an archive, and publishing the link to that.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-06-27 16:59:49

You probably could do that but that depends on how big the archive becomes. What I was thinking is a similar structure to that of the dectalk archive and other sights with a directory structure that way, you can add stuff to it without having to republish/reupload the zip as this is in no way the complete archive. Hell it isn't even all the files I posted to this thread, most of the links work but some don't and have to get those back too as those were a fair few broken.

2014-06-28 04:34:25

Sorry to say the archive is delayed due to the fact I'm still trying to figure out the damn microsoft media audio component issue on windows 7 I don't want to set anyone off with a package that is supposed to work but doesn't. Gives me more time to make the archive bigger anyway.

2014-06-28 07:15:41

Hi jack.
would you like to add the last version of Road to Rage with SinglePlayer option in the archive?
also, there used to be a map maker for RTR in Dragonapps.com website which is not available now, if you like to add that map maker + an audio help from gorthelon about it, i could Upload and put the links here.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2014-06-28 14:04:38

That's fine, I'll take a look at it before I publish. Honestly, unless the file ends up being greater than 5 GB, I'm quite happy packing it into an archive.

How is it being maintained now? Have you sorted out a BTSync folder for it yet?

Just myself, as usual.

2014-06-28 22:28:57

I am working on that. I can't seem to get the microsoft media audio components package I uploaded to work on it. And you can do that. @Adel That would be nice if you could do that, though I'm a member of tiflo-juegos so I'll see if I have that in our folder.

2014-06-29 01:57:16

maybe one of the Linux users could create one themselves using the apatchi webserver. (this is the same server tiflos-jugo uses.)

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-06-29 06:08:30

Did someone say audio Paperboy? If this exists, I definitely want to check it out.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-06-29 22:06:16

Yeah never heard of it. And good point Americandad. Someone could definitely do that. Plus I don't think publishing it as one zip file is a good idea. If you make modifications to it, you need to keep reuploading the zip, and that's just time consuming. That's why I initially thought of the bt sync folder, which we all can maintain, but the website idea is good too.

2014-06-29 22:35:21

Hi, can you give the key to the folder so all of us can join?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-07-04 15:20:09

At last , it is here! The long awaited abandonware archive bt sync folder! Look in a topic called "abandonware archive bt sync folder" for more info.

2014-07-05 02:25:49

yeah, it was in the news last year. while it's readme clearly mentions the arcade version, sound effects indicate a port of the c64 version instead (just without the ability to choose the protagonist's gender, though that was just added for the port and was never in the arcade version)

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-08-20 12:14:32

Lord_Raven wrote:

Here are the different versions of Acefire.

Acefire 2.3 (first edition of the game, but probably not the first version):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40834031/AceFireSetup23.exe

Acefire 1.0 (Shareware-Version):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40834031/af10.exe

Acefire 1.3 (freeware):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40834031/af13.exe

Acefire 1.5:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40834031/af15.exe

You should have Acefire 2.0, so you won't need it here.

please reupload link broken

devin

2015-03-07 14:37:44 (edited by boy 2015-03-07 14:44:40)

Is their a working link to com audio for the older games anyware? All the links that I have found on the forum don't work.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2015-03-07 15:48:52

How about try to find in the bt syncs folder? does it still exist?

2015-03-07 17:05:04

I'm not going to look in the BT sink folder because 1: I don't have BT sink, and I'm not thinking of getting it just for this. 2: I have heard so menny things about it getting hacked, and getting things like viruses, moovies, minecraft junk, and other things. Also, it seems like most people just stopped using the BT sink folder, so it's probably all full of viruses.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2015-03-07 18:53:35

You can get com audio here for now
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 … osetup.exe

2015-03-08 14:36:35

hello, can someone upload some verssions of mota?

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2017-04-27 17:46:34

Hey there is this topic still active?

2017-04-27 17:55:24

Wel, yes and no. It seems like Audiogame archive seems to be the topic where abandonware stuff is mentioned now. However, this topic is now active because you braught it back. The date of the post before yours is from 2015, just as a heads up.

2017-04-27 19:17:44

Lol true that.  What abanddonware games do you have?  I am especially interested in registering treasure hunt, I found an old registration code can I some how change my product ID?  Also, how Do I get q 9 again?  I also find my reg coad of that will that work?

2017-04-27 23:35:54

Surprised to see this one brought back! Lol. Anyway, I guess this topic, or a similar one, could be around to at least request games, but we won't be letting links to games go out in the open without directing to the archive. It's a much better host for such games, anyway.