2017-05-11 19:21:17

hi,
do those apply here in the game? What was the change to leveling?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2017-05-12 06:14:00

The sticks game, located in the circus  now doesn't complete for me on my copy. It just gets to 2 or lower, and then stops: AI refuses to even just take one stick so I'd lose and until I kill processes the minigame music doesn't stop. I even had  this happen on a fresh version extracted to a new folder, so it can't just be my folder it happens even on a fresh install for me.

2017-05-12 06:52:50

hi
Another question: Why does my oponent's level increase by more than 2 each turn  while mine goes up only 1?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2017-05-12 17:43:40

@serrebi, Yep I noticed that bug too, I thought it was just because I was playing on the board game, but obviously it happens with the sticks game more generally.

@Enes, there are three ways raise your level in the card game.
First,  raise a level for which ever element you are.
Second you raise a level for any cards of an element you play and third (most recently), you raise a level in a different element if you have three cards of that element type in your hand.

So say you are normal type and you play a slap card. You get two levels in normal type one for the card and one for being normal.

You can also get cards that raise your level, indeed each type has level up cards that raise it  you play them.
So if your ice type and play cooling, you'll get one level for being ice type, one level  playing an ice type card, and one level as an affect of the card as well.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-12 17:47:35

Yeah, there's definitely something up with the sticks game. You always win. lol The computer doesn't even try to beat you. I.e. I had four sticks left on the table, the computer could've taken 3 and won the game, but he took 2. So, I won. Weird.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-05-12 20:18:29

does your character level have to be a certain level to get new cards from the arena later on? i notice that for instance there sstill is unlocked slots in the normal category even though i have got all the cards from the grand counsel.

2017-05-12 23:24:12

No, the table is alwaysa  rectangle that is as large as the largest number of unlocked cards that you have of a certain type.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-05-13 04:39:26

so the empty slots just mean more will be added?

2017-05-13 09:29:04

hi,
Just a note, never, ever go to the grand councel without picking up the most powerful cards for your deck. Got beaten by a stone type as a dark ghost because my most powerful ghost move was spectral wind.

2017-05-13 15:24:09

Anyone have tips on the ice world? I can't seem to evade the polar bears and crabs. I also can't seem to find enough fish to make me move quicker.

2017-05-13 15:25:36

How do you unlock the ice world?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-05-13 15:51:55

@Bigdog, I think the organization of the cards is not reflective of anything in particular at the moment accept that the table needs to be  layed out with card types in the different rows, and all of the cards of a given type in each row.
the blank spaces are just I suspect to do with how the layout and cards themselves are identified in the program and not indicative of anything.

@Staindadict, if I remember correctly to unlock the ice world you need to take the altnerative exit from the Hights, past the flying boat minigame. There is also the desert unlocked from the volcano if you pass the dragon scales minigame.

@Csm120, I hate pursuit on the pack ice. It seems the only way of winning seems to be hold up arrow and hammer the f key to grab any fish when in water. I think your supposed to only go into water to catch fish, however since avoiding pools of water also seems to take you  right or left and so not ahead of the polar bear chasing you, it doesn't actually do you much good in the long run.
The times I've completed the game have been pure luck, and how your supposed to unlock it goodness only knows.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-13 15:55:48

I'm still trying to figure out which worlds unlock which worlds. Does the volcano unlock two, well, does it have two exits? I know it's a very big world, wasn't sure if it has two exits or not though. I think the only world I don't know how to unlock is the darkness now.

2017-05-13 16:09:20

I think I unlocked it after the intellectual world.

2017-05-13 16:24:48

First, you don't need to complete the Intellectual world to unlock all the worlds. YOu just have to find all the other exits from the other worlds. I have a couple of questions regarding minigames. How do you complete the crossing the lava game? I can find a bridge going north, then east, then north again, but I get stuck with no apparent way to continue. How do you complete Mastermind? It's one of the two or three games I havn't managed to unlock in the Intellectual world. It's incredibly annoying because it constantly appears in the custom world to unlock minigames. Any useful strategies? maybe it's just not the gamefor me. Still, anything would be helpful.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-05-13 16:28:07

Does completing the factory unlock anything? I'm having a hard time with that cause of those damn robots. lol

2017-05-13 20:16:40

I believe the darkness can be unlocked either by completing the interlectual world, or by finding the exit from the volcano after  "building a bridge across the lava" game.

I believe completing the factory unlocks either the  or the hights.
For the robots, generally my strategy with the walking ones is wait until they're coming towards me and hop over them, and for the swimming ones try to pass them by either being on the top of the water just under where the waves are, or right down at the bottom. You do need to get used to the lower and higher sounds to see which are above and below you though, and the factory has some fun minigames in it.

@Chris, I would recommend having a look at the bg mastermind  from spoonbill. Mastermind is one of these things which is logical once you get the knack, but difficult until you do.
For the lava bridges, the bridges can be anywhere on the islands, I believe they're random each game.
You need to basically circle round the islands listening for if you step on the metal bridge or on the crumbling ground next to the lava since the squares around the island next to the lava all give that sound. It's a matter of careful testing out and can go rather wrong if the game decides to be nasty and put bridges in the wrong places.

hth.

2017-05-13 20:43:28

OK, last question. lol Sorry about all the questions.. How is the Intellectual world unlocked? Have a pretty good idea about the worlds now, but the Intellectual world actually has some fun games in it I want to play. I heard the world on Liam's walkthrough on his youtube channel.

2017-05-13 21:49:40

Hmmm, it is either the factory or one of the alternate exits from the circus, but I'm afraid I don't recall which exactly as  unlocked a lot of the worlds at the same time back last summer when the game first came out and when I was preparing for my wedding.

2017-05-13 23:21:08

hi,
Was trying the grand councel. The arena is incredibly difficult so far. I was playing a ghost shadow deck,  and got defeated in all battles at least once. At the end I was defeated by  the final challenge by the sparkling ray, which took away 75 health. That was one of the most overpowered cards I ever saw. How can it take away 75 health? It wasn't even super effective.

2017-05-14 01:35:46

hi,
Also, I always seem to have a problem with the arena specificly choosing a type that both my types in the deck are weak too.  How do you players manage when you encounter that?

2017-05-14 09:09:26 (edited by pulseman45 2017-05-14 09:13:50)

@enes: When a new beta is released, to get the missing card, I play the Grand Councel with a pure ghost type dec. The idea is to rely on blasting the opponent and/or turning it into a ghost with Spectral Dimention (I'm not sure the card is called like that in English, as I play the game in French). And then of course using the most powerful ghost moves you have. I managed to defeat the Grand Council many times this way, except when I had to fight a normal type, which doesn't happen that often.
There are probably better ways, but that's how I do.

2017-05-14 10:42:19

hi,
But ghost doesn't have effective damage moves? And what are some of the  moves really for? Like nostalgic hand, all it does is reduce the amount of cards in my hand. And isn't it better to due a multi-type deck? My ghost deck is ghost and shadow..

2017-05-14 10:44:40

@Enes, the grand council actually doesn't change any of your opponents. The reason the ray did so much damage is likely because both ghost and shadow are weak to it, and maybe your special defences were lowered  your enemy had previously played cards to raise their special defences. Gen generally in the grand council you will always get at least one type that your deck type is weak to, it's therefore a good idea to create a ceck that can handle them.
For example I have an ice deck who's entirely function is to freeze the opponent solid, thus even if they are something that is strong against ice, I stop them from going.

2017-05-14 11:46:20

hi dark,
Can you switch out decks in the councel? I asumed you only had a single deck that you had to use. The ray was not super effective, though I probably had my defenses lowered as you said. On another note, the psychic type is one of the types I haven't tried, and it sounds extremely powerful with the 50 hp restore card.