2016-02-06 02:41:23

@mata, I made a slight change and uploaded the addon again.
Will you redownload and tell me if it improved the text games for you at all?

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2016-02-06 02:41:39

I have problem with weird non-unicode text and nvda repeating. For now I kinda stop playing them. Anyone have solutions for my problems please?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-02-06 02:44:25

Sorry ian, just saw your post. i'm gonna try it now.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-02-06 02:50:08

Sorry Ian, not really. I think I'm going to record how it is, so you can understand better of my problems.

2016-02-06 02:59:16

That sounds like a good idea.
You are using the Japanese keyboard and AppLocale right?

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2016-02-06 03:00:09

done
here you are :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz3xi6xyl7nw9 … g.ogg?dl=0

I know the repeating thingy is partly from saytools and clip reader. But the not being able to highlight text and non-translatable texts aren't. There was a part that i mashed my control key trying to shut up my nvda, but it didn't work, lol.

2016-02-06 03:01:44

sorry for double posting, again. What i use is
1. your addon.
2. app locale.
3. say tools.
4. clip reader.
that's it.

2016-02-06 03:07:58

Try it with these turned off:
3. say tools.
4. clip reader.
Or try it with the JGT auto translate clipboard mode turned off.
I think the problem is that multiple tools are watching the clipboard and making NVDA speak when new text appears.

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 03:11:37

The non unicode text in the menus is what I get when I don't start the game with AppLocale.
Are you definitely starting it with AppLocale?
And definintely choosing the very bottom language in the list when starting it with AppLocale?

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 03:27:14

may be it's because i miss something...i'm going to reinstall my app locale again and see if it works. i'm sure i do.

2016-02-06 03:35:39

whoa, it works! Thank you!

2016-02-06 04:03:16

@mata, glad its working for you now.

For everyone else, I made this quick demo to show what playing Alternative Magic is supposed to sound like.
Demo of Alternative Magic with JGT

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 04:45:05

Hmm, ian, how do oyu record yourself along with your computer? Think I'll start doing let's plays of these.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-02-06 04:55:41

@stirlock, I'm running Windows 7.
I go to the system tray and right click on speakers, then choose recording devices.
Then select Microphone and tab to the properties button and press it.
Then I tab to the tab control, and change it to the listen tab.
Then I check the Listen to this device check box and hit OK.
In Audacity I set my input device to be:
Input Device Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini
Then I record.

I've heard that some computers don't have the option to listen to the microphone, depending on your sound card.
But my sound card is not exactly fancy or anything.
Hope this helps.

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 08:52:06

Could someone make a list of the Textgames and the more mainstreamlike games like shadowrine? I tryed to run Brave of cloudia. But it doesnt work. Do i need the japanese Keyboard for this one?

2016-02-06 09:52:34

so now the read clipboard is available, can i now try the fighting game as i hear it outputs to the cpipboard, and not nvda directly?

2016-02-06 12:11:09

hi iam reed i wan't send e-mail to you i thought many people contact to you and you can't red every message
but please red in forum i think you can read and can make for everyone
could you translate china game?
in new release room have game call the return of the king my plobblem nvda can't use arrow key select option
but i will send plobblem to developer if you can awesome man

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2016-02-06 13:48:02

hi.
Brave of cloudia doesnt needs applocale but it needs only japanese keyboard.
I was played this game a whole go on my win 10 and it works fine without applocale.
Thanks for this nice addon this new feauter which is automatic translation from clipboard is excellent, I love this addon.

2016-02-06 18:31:02

can this thing play chaos versions of bk2 and bk3? The names are as follows
bk2: chaose_play.exe
bk3: chaos_play.exe
if it can play these things that gives me a great version to get it, as bk2 already has an inbuilt english mode and bk3 has the dictionary.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2016-02-06 19:41:26

@firefly82, Brave of Cloudia requires the Japanese keyboard when outputting to the clipboard, which is the default.
It only requires AppLocale when outputting to NVDA directly.
So yes, I would install the Japanese keyboard if I were you.
The user manual has 3 lists of games, the text games are in their own list so you can tell which ones are text games and which ones are not.

avidgamer, yep, you can play the fighter game called Gekiransen.

@wightfall, sorry but Return of the king seems to be an online game, which poses translation problems.
Additionally I'm going to stick to just Japanese games.

@mojsior, glad you like it.  Brave of Cloudia does need AppLocale if you change it to output to NVDA, but if just using the auto translate clipboard feature it is not needed.
Outputting directly to NVDA might give better results during battles when the auto translate clipboard feature misses text.

@coltonhill01, yep, it supports the chaos versions of BK2 and BK3.

The entire list of games is in the user manual.

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 20:35:35

Ian, can you let us send the Ctrl \ hotkey through to the application? this way, we can use 1password to log in. that's ctrl backslash. it'll make life easier. thanks

2016-02-06 22:09:34

Hello;

I would like to play a game but I can't remember what it's called. IN the game you had to use x to jump over boxes and c, I think to shoot things, it's a Japanese game, I think it had something to do with robots?

I'm gone for real :)

2016-02-06 22:58:45

I have a few issues with the text games. With Ground War 1, I can run it just fine without Locale Emulator and the main menu is fine, because it is in English. Loading my save, however, the Japanese is read instead. Also with NVDA, the Japanese text appears in a read only edit box, so I have to wait for NVDA to say read only, read the Japanese that really isn't Japanese since i'm using Eloquence English voice, and the English translation will finally read. Pressing CTRL will make me miss it.
With Locale Emulator, I can run it, but I have to hold down the return/escape keys. So to move through dialogue I have to hold enter for a few seconds, and to go back a menu I have to hold down escape.
While NVDA does not read the text in the read only area, NVDA says things like "A?" "T?" for Attack and Talk respectively. I suspect it'd do that, and I get what those options mean, but things like item, option etc translate just fine. The problem I have is once I get into the menus for talking, I don't know who I'm pressing enter on, or what. I think the second option is the tavern, and there was a dialogue where everyone in your party had a drink discussing story events. Then I'm back in the menu for attack and talk and obviously I'm not supposed to attack the townspeople, even though it'll let me. I'm presented with the same talk menu again, but why is this menu not translating? I've got Locale Emulator running in Japanese, using the Japanese keyboard Microsoft Ime. Going into the options menu tells me my party members HP etc in English, so JGT is working.

2016-02-07 00:06:42

Hello
@Brad you tell about Fighting Cores, a japanese audiogame from galaxy laboratory
the problem is that the game use tts voices, it no outlet to the clipboard.
you should know Japanese to play
download link of the game
http://www.mm-galabo.com/dlc/dlc.php?ur … eta051.exe
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-02-07 01:09:24 (edited by Ian Reed 2016-02-07 01:19:06)

Hi Orin,

I just downloaded and tried Locale Emulator on Alternative Magic and GroundWar1.
It seems to work just as well as AppLocale.
I'm not surprised that things don't translate correctly when you are not using it.
I think most of the issues you mentioned were when you were not using it.

You said that when you do use it you have to hold down the enter and escape keys.
Do you really have to hold the enter key for multiple seconds to get it to move to the next dialog?
I have to hold it for maybe a quarter of a second, but certainly not a full second or more.
And that is an issue related to text game maker.
I've heard the delay can be changed in gameÝ’è.ini, but haven't tried it myself yet.

I did also notice that GroundWar1 puts its story dialog on the first line of the edit box, unlike Alternative Magic which puts the text on the second.
Which means NVDA will attempt to read the Japanese text every time you press enter to hear new story.
And then the English is announced afterward, which I think is one of the things you were describing.
There's not much I can do for this.
But you can press NVDA+C to interrupt the Japanese text and read the English text from the clipboard.
So you'd press enter then NVDA + C as you go through story.
Of course, when using Locale Emulator your English voice will just not read most of the Japanese text anyway, just numbers and the bits that were in English, followed by the translated text.

I made a little demo so you can see how it works for me.
Hope that helps.

~ Ian Reed