2016-02-01 03:39:32

The problem with opening up the site to human translators of all walks is that inevitably, some people will correct the grammar corrections that other people have made over other peoples' corrections. Confusing? yeah... I coined it like that on purpose. I agree with Ian, it should be someone who knows both languages... but not just knows both, but also has the patience and time to sit down and figure out the nuances. anyone who wants to translate should have to prove that they can actual do the translating properly and with good quality rather than just fixing grammar mistakes google makes. This isn't meant to sound alienating or elitist... just some of my thoughts and because I'm a stickler for perfection when it comes to most things.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-02-01 03:48:15

So, I noticed something interesting. The text games don't work while having the add-on open. While logged into the server, the enter key doesn't work inside the text games for some reason. Hopefully these games can be made to work with the add-on.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-02-01 03:58:45

I've recently been testing the text games with a new auto translate clipboard feature.
Like you, I noticed that you have to hold a modifier key such as shift when pressing enter to get the text games to pick it up.
Same when pressing escape.
I was told that this actually broke in one of the older NVDA versions and has been broken since.
Are you sure it is the JGT addon that makes the keypress not work as before?

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2016-02-01 04:35:15

Ah, I forgot that's what broke it, just was unsure since restarting nvda fixed it, at least for a while. Weird.

2016-02-01 04:45:29

It definitely isn't new. It's some sort of glitch with NVDA... and I'm very curious to know why.

2016-02-01 05:10:42

Yeah, wish someone could fix it, the last version that works I believe is from 2014.

2016-02-01 05:36:49

hmm I was wondering, to decrease a bunch of queries to your server, and also to allow people to eventually play without internet access, can the cached translation be saved locally on our PCs? Here's another thing: For BK3, weapon advisor: I'd love to be able to copy the entire list of weapons I'm missing to the clipboard, in English. problem is, I can't, because the text is immediately replaced with a confirmation that the text was successfully copied. I guess I could down arrow through the entire list and paste into a document, but that'd kinda suck, I'd have to do it for the descriptive text too. hahaha. Anyone figured out a way to pull it off? if not I'll do it the slow sucky way lol.

2016-02-01 06:17:24

there are 2 versions of the shadow game.   one has full voice or something like that.   will this work with that?   and, has this gotten the update to work with nvda newest version?   thanks.

2016-02-01 07:38:49

Stirlock, it's interesting... because on a computer with the second enter key on the numpad, it doesn't have that glitch. Weird much?

2016-02-01 11:37:32

I keep forgetting to turn off auto translate when I close a game sad
Though I usually wind up at either the command prompt or my browser, and then at this forum... it doesn't toss a bunch of useless English messages at the server, does it?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-02-01 12:44:28

it works great! but how do i read the stuff that comes up in the menues like when you open something, such as a chest?

2016-02-01 16:25:56

Hi Ian, I have a request for the JGT addon. Could you make it so that we could press a set of key strokes to access the JGT sign in process so it would be just a bit quicker to sign in? And in relation to that, could you make it so that we could change the key stroke in the input gestures? Just an idea. thanks for reading.

2016-02-01 19:02:02

@stirlock and assault_freak, in a way it is too bad it is not the addon's fault, then I'd have a better chance of solving it.

@musicman, it would be possible to save the cache locally, but I've got a lot of other things on my ToDo list for this and other projects, so I probably won't be doing this anytime soon.
I haven't played enough BK3 to use the weapon advisor, but I suppose you could turn off the copy translated text to clipboard option in JGT settings, then use the game to copy the Japanese text to your clipboard, then paste the entire copied text into Google Translate.
That way the JGT addon won't be overwriting your clipboard.
Of course, when Japanese text needs to be copied to the clipboard, you need to have the Japanese keyboard enabled.

@musical professor, It works with the ShadowRine Fullvoice game.  I'm told the demo and the non voice versions of the game do not output directly to NVDA, so it wouldn't work well with them.
That said, I'm working on an auto translate clipboard mode that should make it work with those and several other games, provided people are willing to install the Japanese keyboard.
I'm not sure what you mean by newest version of NVDA.
I, and others, have tested it in both NVDA 2015.4, and a recent NVDA snapshot, and it works in those.

@CAE_Jones, fortunately it does not.
The addon makes a strong effort to only translate things that actually contain Japanese text, and only while playing Japanese games.
Thanks for your concern though.

@kirundom, I'm not sure what you mean, what game are you playing and can you be more specific about where it does not work?

@Sean-Terry01, I'm trying to avoid adding too many shortcut keys to the addon, since they could conflict with NVDA or other addon keystrokes.
The user manual does explain how you can modify the existing keystrokes to be different.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2016-02-01 20:59:42

You can make unbound gestures, then it's up to the user to assign them, for the less-used stuff.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-02-01 23:21:19

That's exactly what I meant. Could we make and unbound gesture for this. Then the user could make the gesture of choice for themselves if they want.

2016-02-02 00:44:35

you stated that it works with the full voice version of the shadow game but it doesn't work with the demo?   so in order to even try to understand this game, i'd have to purchase the game and then use translator?   um,   negative.   I have to get a fill for a game before purchasing and if this translator doesn't work with a demo then its not lookin to well for me.

2016-02-02 01:20:46

Lol, the full voice version is free. The demo just gives you a feel for the game, since it was released before the full version, it also unlocks a password for beating it. And he meant the other version, that came out years before the full voice version.

2016-02-03 18:46:08

Thank you so much for this!  I've been wanting to play these  seriously again for ages.
If you find a way to add donations, I would love to support your efforts.  especially if you can figure out a way to support the text RPGs.  they are absolutely fantastic and I want to finish them .  .

2016-02-05 23:23:23

I've just released a new version of JGT.
It adds an auto translate clipboard feature and support for Brave of Cloudia, Cave of Marvels, and Morokuma's text games, as well as others.
The new games it supports still require the Japanese keyboard and AppLocale (or possibly Locale Emulator for Windows 10).
I've added step by step instructions to the user manual for getting setup with the Japanese keyboard and AppLocale.
The user manual also contains tips for getting the best experience when playing the text games.

I recommend downloading the new version of the addon and rereading the user manual since it has had heavy updates.
Here is the link to the manual.

It took a lot of work to get this new version ready.
I hope everyone enjoys it.

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 00:11:46

For the text games and the enter key, you want this.
Rename the game's main executable to play.exe, and it should fix the enter key.

2016-02-06 00:47:53

Hello
@Ian Reed Thank you for including the guide for play japanese audiogames on your page.
@tspivey I read the entire guide of Ian Reed, but I do not understand that it serves this addon.
someone could explain in more detail?
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-02-06 01:09:09

@tspivey, super, it works great if I start the game directly, but if I use AppLocale it does not.
Could you update it to work if started with AppLocale as well?

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 01:27:09

My mistake, it does work when started with AppLocale.
I just wasn't holding the enter key long enough.
I've heard I can change the time you have to hold it for in gameÝ’è.ini.
I'll have to look into that and write up instructions.

~ Ian Reed

2016-02-06 02:15:52

Is anyone having the same problem as me when playing morakuma text games using jgt? nvda keeps repeating stuff, having hard time to focus and move. Text in the game shows up weird and highlighting the ext doesn't work. I'm having hard time with them now. But admittedly, the addon works fine with bk series and shadow rine

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-02-06 02:16:59

Oh cool, so this supports alternative magic now also? I got a bit through that game but then dropped it due to school; would love to get back into it because it was pretty cool.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!