2018-07-30 10:43:02

Hi all,
So, I would like to ask for anyone's help on something.
I do not know how many people know about this sort of thing, but here goes.
I go to conventions, and my local one this year is near the end of October, and on the one of the days, I want to cosplay, basically a fancy term for dressing up but a bit more to it. The event is called Island con in the UK. However, I still have not had the chance to beat the game, but I do, indeed, own the game but haven't tried it for a while, but am also running out of time, Thus, I am wondering something.
I wish to cosplay a thief. Of course, this game has no visual photo reference as of yet, but, it does have item descriptions.
Would anyone be willing to post in some equipment descriptions, and also some potion colours, that might give me an idea of what to start looking for?
Do I possibly need anything for my head or not?
I'm thinking about having maybe two or three potion vial things, vitality and perhaps staminer, and maybe something else as a third potion, not sure which though.
Am wondering how to store the potions, am also wondering if you can get anything such as small gold coin-type things, as then I could perhaps get a mini satule pouch thing with pockets.
Also, I think I remember the Simeon clothe description saying it was a camouflage-style outfit, or was that for the ranger?
Here's the thing. Farhaven is a fantasy world. So, would a camouflage outfit feel like our clothes we are used to, or do I need to start looking for things such as silk or cotton?
Some people have already found me some really cool vial things, but I need to know the colours of some of the potions so that we can perhaps start to mix things such as food colouring together to try to create something. The reason I am starting a discussion here is in case people might come up with a few different ideas that I might be able to look into replicating, even if I might not be able to fully create the clothing myself, I might be able to buy some stuff and perhaps spray paint it if necessary.
Do you think we have enough time to prepare before October?

2018-07-30 14:52:34

Well a thief is going to be sticking to the shadows, and avoiding light, and what helps him do that more is dark clothing, so anything on the dark gray to black and dark brown spectrum works, but usually black. A thief might wear a hood, I don't know. I guess it would depend on his natural hair color, if he had lighter hair, he might want to obscure it with a hood. He might have a bandoleer or something to hang things from, but then again, maybe not. I'd say any other character could use a bandoleer and hang pouches from it, but for a thief, that presents the possibility for the pouch to hit something else and make noise. He'd want everything tucked up close to his body, maybe even wearing clothing with inside pockets, or holes cut in the inner material so that things could be slipped in between the two layers. He'd probably have a pouch or coin purse for his loot, but he'd probably keep it somewhere tucked up close so the coins wouldn't be able to make much noise jangling together.

A thief would be nimble and quick, and thus, not be bogged down with too much gear. He's not a fighter either, so its unrealistic for all those reasons, that he'd be carrying a sword. He's be most likely to have a dagger, and perhaps several in different places. The wrist sheath is more an assassin's trick, but it could work for the thief as well. He's going to be running from danger, not into it, so the dagger is only for defense.

As far as potion color and stuff like that, I don't really know.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-30 14:53:34

Aaron,

As I said over in the AHC thread, I think this is an awesome idea. I'll post some info here; also, feel free to reach out to me by email if you ever want to go a little deeper into my creative vision and/or see if I can source ideas from the voice cast, etc. If we were further into the process of developing the actual game visuals we would have more to go off of, but oh well.

The description on Simeon's default clothes reads: These dark clothes are designed to blend into the shadows, and are cut for free, silent movement. So, you'd be looking at some sort of tunic-style shirt, in shades of black or charcoal grey, with matching simple pants. You probably wouldn't need to wear anything on your head, but if you wanted to, I'd recommend going with a dark hood or cowl.

As far as potions, the AHC color scheme has red health potions, green stamina potions, and blue mana potions. If you could find some sort of small glass vials—like, the kind that have a cork stopper—that would be an awesome way to store them. I'm not sure where you'd look for something like that, though.

I also think the coin purse is a great idea. I expect you could find "costume gold coins" on Amazon or somewhere else online. Alternatively you could just fill it with loose change, so that you have the nice clink of the change...and as a bonus, you have easy access to change if you want to buy anything at the con. A third, tongue-in-cheek option, would be to go with chocolate coins—unless you're worried about them melting. They wouldn't clink, though.

You may also want to look into your con's rules regarding replica weapons. Some will allow you to have one, so long as it's tied; others will allow plastic replicas but not steel replicas, and others will only let you have a scabbard, but nothing in it. A dagger on your belt or short bow on your back would certainly complete the look, if you were able to find something that would work.

2018-07-31 17:26:08

Hi,
@Joseph and @Ironcross wow thank you very much so far. Would any of you mind if I pass this info on to another friend of mine who might be still helping me with this project, and also my brother and parents, as my brother will be taking me on the day and I think my parents might be able to help me find stuff.

2018-07-31 20:27:29

Of course I wouldn't mind. Go for it, and best luck with assembling the outfit!