2018-04-12 01:13:29 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2018-04-27 09:19:12)

I made this app called SimpleSpeaker, its basically a quick way to generate speech by typing it into the box. There is a rate control, and a combobox to let you choose any voices that's on your system. There's a menu bar too, but its mostly useless. I plan to put help stuff in there, the help section isn't really connected to anything, so none of the options in there actually work, the Exit option in the file menu works, though you can just Alt-F4 out of the app if you wish. It is probably more than likely that you can break this app as there is really no error checking, but if you use it in the way its meant to be used, etc.
I've not allowed enter to speak the text because the box I put there is a multiline box, so I added ALT P to speak, or you can just tab to the button

Click here to download

Revisions as of 27 Apr 2018 03:16 EDT

Fixed some issues where controls weren't reporting their function to the screen reader. Added labels above each control for blind impaired. Added a menu bar at the top, not much there, but under file, you can exit the program this way, and under help, there is an About menu item which opens up an informational dialog you can review with normal reading keys.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-25 09:18:07

What you thing about saving speaked text to for example wav file and add sapi4 support?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-04-25 17:46:10

The first is possible, though I'd have to do some digging to find out how. The second, well I'd need to find an external lib or class for that, we'll have to see if my coding skills can be enough lol.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-26 15:20:01

ironcross, i think when you make games 1 day, you would be good at it

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-04-26 17:39:39

Nope, I suck at coding.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-26 18:02:22

just give it a few tries, and you will make it. i can not even use c#, so yes.
i am stuck at bgt, i don't know how to make use of c# at all, and i also don't know how to set it up

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-04-27 10:11:26

Hi, I updated the first post with a new version that has some new features and improvements. It's still not what I'd call complete, but its sort of getting there. There is more I would like to do, including the possibility of putting it up on github. I would like to see what others do with it and if they make PR's etc.

End racism
End division
Become united