For those of you who would like to dabble in the game self destruct, it was thought for years that it was impossible to register on versions of windows newer than xp. Thanks to Tyler Spivey, there is a quick and easy way to get the game registered. All you have to do is go into the registry editor and do a couple quick things, it's nowhere near as scary as it sounds.
1. Hit control + R and paste this into the dialog box
2. There will be a treeview. Navigate to HKEY local machine, software, microsoft, windows current version
3. Now, when you have current version highlighted, open your context menu and go into the new submenu, and select string value.
You will now enter ProductId into the field that comes up, hit enter.
4. You will see an entry for the string we just added, enter your context menu again and select modify.
5. Tab to the field marked value, this is whatever you want the product ID to be, this as far as I know can literally be anything you want, I used 1337 for mine.
6. Hit enter, and close regedit. You should now be able to oen the keygen.exe and the key will be pasted to your clipboard. You can now have a registered copy of self destruct on a modern version of windows!
I just tried this, and it works with no issues. I know self destruct is sort of a dumb game, but I have a lot of nostalgia for it personally. I hope some of you find it useful. Once again, many thanks go to tspivey for helping me with the solution to this!