2017-01-12 20:04:01

I do remember reading about that... but a lot of people seemed to be saying the game should be ported to all three platforms, and while it wouldn't be a bad thing to see, I think one major release is a bigger priority than ports, at least it should be, for the moment. Wasn't trying to come off as rude or provocative, appologies if I did.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-01-12 21:46:37

Assault: Yeah, personally I'd really like to have a setup like you mentioned where you could configure controls in-game. It's definitely lower on the priority list, though - first we want to get gamepad support up and running, then we'll worry about making it customizable. Either way, there will probably be a way to customize it - it just may not be as straightforward as that.

Regarding all the suggestions for cross-platform support: I wish I could promise you that we'll be able to release a Mac port, as I agree that this section of the community is terribly underserved when it comes to accessible gaming. I'm actually a Mac user myself, so I would love to see this happen - but it will be a phenomenal amount of work, and like AF said, the priority is getting the game perfected in its current form before entering into the labor-intensive process of porting it. So it's highly unlikely that it will release for anything but PC initially, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that eventually we may be able to port it - but no promises.

2017-01-12 23:05:30

Hello can you tell what will be the size of the game I have to umeni 100 MB or 1 GB

2017-01-12 23:23:40

There's no way to tell until we've gathered all the audio and graphical elements - and considering the fact that we're still in the process of casting voice actors, a large chunk of the game audio is yet to be added.

2017-01-13 00:41:38

Sorry for the double-post, but I have exciting news:

So, if you don't know, Kickstarter has a "Projects We Love" section where they highlight their favorite projects. They feature one from each category on their main page, and they also mark all of their favorite projects so they catch the eye of people browsing through the lists of projects. Well, "A Hero's Call" has been selected as a "Project We Love"! I know a big part of the reason was probably the enthusiasm from our backers, and that means you guys! Thanks for making this possible - just one more little step toward getting more visibility for this game, which is in turn a step forward in the advancement of inclusive gaming!

2017-01-13 02:15:21

Awesome, I also saw that it went up by $20, so you're now sitting at $4986, so just under $5000!  Then I think it's $300 to your next stretch goal?  So that's great!

2017-01-13 07:53:32

That's really great news.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-13 08:28:15

Wow glad to hear that. Good luck in the project.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-01-13 12:13:34

Just one quick question:

I hope this game will feature something what most games lacks sadly, an envirommental effects like reverb based on the current location? It will be so nice to hear if you're in a cave or mines.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-01-13 12:57:13

I've just made my pledge which has taken it above $5000. I would have and may still give more but  have a small hesitation.  The next level up talks about a conference call with the developers, but only a limited  Number of people get to do so  at that amount. I don't know what the  call with the developers  would involve and what sort of expertise you would need people to have to make that beneficial to the program. I wouldn't like to take the opportunity for somebody with better expertise away by  pledging  that amount. I hope that makes sense.

2017-01-13 13:23:13

hi I have problem. when I try support I have message.     it seems the page was stale. For your security we have refreshed it. Please try again, or contact Kickstarter if the problem persists.

2017-01-13 14:04:18

So close. I would certainly donate if I could. Like others I believe we have too few true RPG's available to our market at least as far as the English market goes.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-01-13 15:01:37

aaa its ok. I m support. 20$

2017-01-13 15:17:29

i assume the reverb etc would appear if we get the sound goal met, i forgot how much that was at present

2017-01-13 16:54:17

Hey, thanks to all of you who continue to donate - we're up over $5,100! It's interesting - I think what dooms a lot of games on KS is a starting goal that just seems way too high to ever reach - yet at this pace, we may actually reach that sort of amount anyway, even though we started much lower. Definitely speaks to the enthusiasm in the community for this game, and we're very humbled by that.

Rich68 I appreciate you not wanting to rob a reward from someone who would have better use of it. A few things to bear in mind here:

First, you don't necessarily need to have any expertise or anything - after all, it's not a reward for us, it's a reward for you. The idea is for it to be an opportunity for people who are curious to learn more about the development process, get to know the team, etc., to have that chance.

However, we definitely don't want anyone to feel like they HAVE to talk to us, either. If you want to donate more than $100 but don't want to take one of the limited rewards, simply claim your donation at the $60 level, but make it a higher amount. Alternatively, you could always do a donation of $135 or more, making you a City Founder - then you'd get the easter egg mention in the game, but don't take away one of the limited "Council Member" slots, which means if you decline the conference call, you aren't preventing someone else from making a "Council Member" level donation.

About reverb: That's one of the things our sound designer is working on at present. In short - it will be featured, assuming we can get it sounding good. Obviously we don't want to include something that sounds like garbage. Not sure how in-depth we'll go - the first goal is to get a universal amount of ambient reverb for a map as a whole, so that the mines sound different than the forest, which sound different than the catacombs, and so on. Then there's the possibility of going in more detail to where different locations within that map vary based on the size and sonic properties of the space. At this point I can't comment on how far we'll be able to go with this, as it's very much a work in progress. All I can say is that I have the highest confidence in our sound designer to produce the best experience possible for you all.

2017-01-15 23:50:44

Well, you're now at $6136!  Still with 19 days to go...did you guys think of anymore stretch goals?

2017-01-16 00:27:01

Yeah we're working on that - we've just had a couple of opportunities open up that we're trying to research as thoroughly as possible before making a decision. The good news is we seem to be continuing to raise money, even without stretch goals in place - heck, we're $800 past our last goal currently... This is pretty incredible.

2017-01-16 01:41:22

will the game have its own sport like how in final fantasy they have blitsball.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-01-16 01:50:42

Nothing like that is in the works currently - this is sort of the same as an earlier question about mini-games; for this being our first project, it's been enough work to get all of the main functionality working, and balanced well, without having to worry about functionality and balance for what would essentially be a whole different, albeit smaller, game. I remember in Knights of the Old Republic there was a card game you could play in some of the cantinas - again, a pretty simple mini game but a similar concept. Something like that could definitely be fun in a future project.

2017-01-16 01:54:35

would it be possible to ride animals or is it just walking for now?

2017-01-16 04:41:10

Currently it's just walking. There is a stable in town and we thought about opening up the ability to rent and ride horses, but ultimately it didn't contribute to gameplay in any meaningful way, so there was no reason.

2017-01-16 05:17:07

can't wait to play. will their be another video update on youtube?

2017-01-16 06:35:45

I'm sure there will when they feel they have something worth showing.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-01-16 07:00:06

Hey Joseph. Rather than flat-out letting players ride and control animals (horses), you could use the stables as a teleport point between destinations, implicating riding horses as the method of transportation. So the player chooses the travel option, selects a destination, the game plays horse galloping for a bit, move player to new location. This would be a simply way of being able to travel between towns without having to add unnecessary mechanics for riding, mounted combat, and a bunch of other things that would result from adding a controllable mount.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-01-16 07:03:40

i like the idea of walking to each place. can we summon the dead?