2017-01-08 00:43:02

how long does it take a payPal transfer to go through? i'm gonna make a swamp account.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-01-08 00:46:16

It's almost instant

2017-01-12 23:47:59

ooo what's going on we getting some new updates?

2017-01-13 01:36:36

For the next few days Swamp is having an event called Ventriloquist day.  When you sign into the server, just ask how it works and I'm sure the answers you get won't be confusing at all.  big_smile

Hopefully people pick up some rare items during the event, such as apronics, shoes, shorts, or slippers.  Happy gifting!

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-01-13 08:01:41

cool so will we get special weapons too?

2017-01-13 09:06:53

How do I open a gift from someone else I see it in my invintory but it is not appearing in the donation  list and when I log out and in again it is gone, any ideas?

2017-01-13 10:12:37

Darren I do believe title weapons Can show up from those gifts, but I might be wrong.  It's been a while since I originally coded the "gift" code.

Nikos, when you signed out it put any decorative items into your collection, including things like wrapping paper and unopened gifts.  You'll need to take them back out of your collection and then they'll work as normal.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-01-13 10:43:26

yeah but how do we unrap the gift?

2017-01-13 14:46:04

Hey aprone, great event yay!!!  The armor bug is still very much present where sometimes at random if you log out and in again you have no armor I just died because of this yet again I try my best to check but it's the one time you don't that counts LOL.  Any idea's why this is?

2017-01-15 23:16:58

Hi,

It was a nice event and i was able to test my inventory and network errors.

For me gifts were spawned less frequent and there was a problem with the count of them in my inventory.
After giving a gift to an other user, the counter does not drop.
Also when asking for a list of users, it was slow also when i donate stuff.

What i also notice is that several other players outside the U.S.A. have the same problem with slower spawning of items.
As a result we cannot exchange gifts, so we have to depend on relation- and friendships.

/grin/

Also no Apronic armor for lower levels and no title weapons.

/grin/

I like the idea of the plan to make quests more worthwhile and perhaps other procedures to level a little faster below 500.
As other players have stated, i also have a working life and i do not complain.

Only writing down my thoughts.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

BM.

2017-01-15 23:36:20

P.s.

After the event my inventory is looking fine.

Gr,

BM.

2017-01-16 14:22:52

Thanks for the event and the chat thing it was very very funny.  Let's do it again so I can get my aerobics back LOL.

2017-01-16 16:50:20

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the event, and I hope you stocked up on some great equipment from all the gifts being passed around.  I'm sure there were people who didn't particularly care for the ventriloquist name swapping part of the event, but I am pleased to report that this event was the first event in probably a year, where not a single person contacted me to complain about it and try to get me to end it early!  For me that means this event was a complete success!  I'll be putting it aside and bringing ventriloquist day back at some future date for sure.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-01-17 07:46:40

Does anyone have the link to a good map maker I can use, I wanna make a campaign map just to see if I can.

2017-01-17 10:11:05

hello big_smile
does anyone know why the rpg campaine    won't work on the latest swamp?
I think the campaine is called, ur,  vee quest or something like that.
and I hope aprone could    inproove the campaine maker...
there are wierd things on the campaine currently, like, I already got the key on the tutorial, but can't use the car by pressing enter, and sometimes the AI isn't spawn

2017-01-17 13:28:59

i'd love to see a massive map. like the size of all main maps combined that would be cool.

2017-01-17 22:00:51

From time to time I get people requesting to have characters' names changed.  I normally say no because changing character names in Swamp takes a fair amount of work, but it is time to finally give people that chance.  What I'm doing is allowing players to request name changes for their characters using an in-game command.

/RenameRequest <new name>

When you use this command, your character's name does not actually change.  Your character's ID and other info is logged into a file for me to look at later when I actually sit down to manually change the names.  Normal naming rules apply of course, and you won't get the name change if someone else already has that name.

I'm not 100% sure when I'll actually sit down to change these names, but I plan to give people a little time to notice this so they can take advantage of it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-01-17 22:35:48

hi aprone
i figured it's time for me to give my thought about the new level system, i don't like it at all because if we think in a future when you reach level 1000 the difficulty of zombies increases every level, but you are only getting skillpoints ever 4 level, isn't that strange? if we now take a look what will happen at the end, you need to reset your char just to have something to play, we get too low xp from the mitions even when the zombies strenght increases, we don't get more rewarded for killing zombies which are more difficult etc. you're basicly making the game impossible for ur to play. now swamp has lost the gol for me. there needs to be more balance in it, it should be more realistic of  the difficulty of zombies increases as you get more skillpoints, not based on how many levels you have. that would balance up things and allowing people to continue play without getting restored. also, the rewards for everything you needs to be increased as you reach new levels etc.

2017-01-17 23:29:41

i mus admit to wondering what will happen when players do get to those very high levels but we'll soon find out exactly what happens. if the likes of bullseye etc can't handle it at lets say level 2000+ then yes I would say a rethink may have to be in order. but nobody is that high yet so I would say the jury is still out on that. we really need to see what will happen when we get that far.

2017-01-18 00:01:28

What is wrong with you guys? Games are supposed to get harder the higher the level you get,. If you can't handle the harder maps or missions, simple don't do them.

2017-01-18 00:54:03

nothings wrong with me mate I'm just cureous as to how this will pan out. it's a bit of an experiment at least that's how I see it. I would like to see new content though as in new maps missions not sure about weapons we got enough of those but certainly new maps missions and quests.

2017-01-20 14:34:13

Good to see swamp is back up I was wonder what happened.

2017-01-20 20:11:28

Yeah sorry about that.  My internet went down right after I left for work, and even though it came back online pretty quickly (I assume), my ISP had changed my IP address.  No one's clients knew how to connect to the server until I came home, noticed the problem, and made the adjustments.  Just bad timing I suppose, because if it had happened 20 minutes earlier while I was still home it would have been a 2-minute fix.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-01-20 21:21:57

I have completed the long list of name changes people had requested.  There may be a bit of confusion at first as people get used to new names, but all-in-all the process went pretty smoothly.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-01-25 05:42:44

hello all
i have been keeping my eye on this game for a very very long time. I have never had  a laptop of my own to be able to play, and finally i have that chance. I will be getting my own laptop this week and can't wait to play. the question is, is this game still good to play? i have seen quite a few games  like undead assault surface and then die because it is no longer being worked on. thanks

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!