2018-09-30 23:23:25

@25, generics should be owned by you. If you can, use virtual objects (create them when the player wants them) and set their owner to the player.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-01 00:52:57

No I disagree, generic objects should be owned by #36 aka hacker. This is a security measure and will allow any such verbs and props owned by hacker to be called by a player without using wizard perms. It doesn't have to be hacker either, there's nothing inherently special I think. You could easily make another player that just never logs in and call it obj_owner or something and chown everything to it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-10-01 07:55:42

@27, good advice. To all of those who have decided on the route to @chown generics, I highly recommend you not chown non-generics to hacker. If you do, you'll get E_PERMs all over the place.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-01 15:15:19

Right, its not meant for that. In order for it to work correctly, two things need to happen, the object itself needs to be 36 owned, and all the props and verbs will need to be as well. And yes I can't type hash right now since the number row is dead on this keyboard which I am on bluetooth.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united