2018-06-12 16:51:24

People have been forwarding me articles about "Skyrim Very Special Edition" on Alexa. I'm still trying to work out if it is a joke or not. I can't try it while at work. Has anyone played it? Is it a spoof, or is it any way near to what 6 Swords does?

Thumbs up

2018-06-12 16:54:57

Hi,
I think this is a joke article, based on the fact that Bethesda just keep on porting Skyrim to all sorts of platforms, the latest real one being Skyrim Vr. Honestly, not that I blame them though, Skyrim is a fantastic game. It is fun to listen to, lots of dialogues, lots of voice acting and a lot of quests to do, even after several years people still play this game.
The Alexa edition though, I think, is a spoof, albeit a very funny one. I don't actually know if this is even a skill or not, but if it is an actual skill I'd love to try it for a luahg, or if the video is just the voice.

Thumbs up

2018-06-12 18:02:46

Oh, it is an actual skill all right. It's had 150+ reviews in 4 days, which is unprecedented. I'm just not sure how "deep" it is. There's a lot of "play your own adventure" skills that are interesting, but not very repeatable. So once you are through the content, you're done. That's why I went a different direction with 6 Swords to create something with much more repeat play. One of the things I *really* wanted to do is sub-license 6 Swords to Bethesda and re-skin it in The Elder Scrolls setting. I just hadn't found the right contact. And now this.

Thumbs up

2018-06-12 19:13:30

OK. Grabbed some time and work and played this. Yes, it is actually a game. No, it's not very deep. But it's still deeper than about 90% of other games for Alexa. I think people will play it for amusement, but then never go back to it. There are many places it could learn some lessons from 6 Swords. But I have to say the dialog is often a lot more personable than 6 Swords.

Thumbs up

2018-06-12 19:36:46

I miss Skyrim, I don't play it anymore because I hate the two day process of setting up all the mods. I used to play that game so much though.

One of the best gifts on this earth is the unconditional love of an animal

It is pure, free of judgement, and raises me to the utter height of glory.

Thumbs up