2018-06-01 12:40:46

Music has different meanings for everyone. Each person has a favorite song. some have written songs. It seems impossible to avoid music. What does music mean in your life? I used to express my feelings through music. Now, those old songs bring back memories of both happy and sad times. Are any of you singers? Do any of you play an instrument? If it involves music, please share it here.

2018-06-01 12:54:30

Music to me means an excellent companion. If I don't have it, I will miss it, just like a good friend.

2018-06-01 19:18:26

How nice, that somebody thinks about the importance of music on sutch level. Well, basically for me it is everything: my world, my life and many other things too difficult to describe in written form. There is synesthetic stuff, some hidden emotions unlockable only by music and a channel for connecting to other people. Of course I also make music myself. Whatever may happen in my life, but music musn't be taken away, as that would break me completely. I'm not all that famous and don't earn much with my music, but at the same time invest into it as much as possible, especially because of prefference to work with hardware. I could continue ranting for longer, but it's way better to let all those interested just go and have a listen to some of my works.

https://soundcloud.com/drxid

2018-06-01 21:36:19

You don't want fame in the music industry. You basically lose control of your life. That is part of the reason I decided to retire. Now I have more time to spend with amazing people like you.

2018-06-02 00:04:06 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2018-06-02 00:19:09)

Music is so important imo. It's like language, expresses a lot of things, visualizes and draws them for us. Funny fact, do you know that our society fights music and considers it taboo? Lol they replace it with human groans if they want to express something. It's really a high level of funny stupidity, don't they both have a music tuner either by a particular device or even by human vocal cords, so what's the difference? However, this retrograde began to fade and this augurs well. Life will continue, whether any retarded person likes that or not. Lol sorry for ruining your day, but I'm just telling you about some of our retarded people who hate anything related to happiness.
Back to the topic, I play music using a midi keyboard I have. One of my wishes is to be able  to compose music so that I can have my own one, which I express about anything, whether in a game, audio movie and series (anything I work on generaly) or even in real life.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-06-02 00:32:55

You haven't ruined my day. Things were different when I was young.

2018-06-02 14:28:50

Hi,
Music really has an uncanny way of tapping into emotions no matter the language, I even listen to Japanese songs.
I like all sorts of music, but my favourite is definitely orchestral soundtracks, and musicals such as those in the theatre or Disney films. I think they show off real talent, as apposed to the music you hear on the radio today which, well if you listen to it through normal headphones and focus on it, sounds more like background music and I don't know if it's just me, but it doesn't seem to build to a satisfying chrischendo. So many theatre songs have that buildup, and lately I've even been listening to Theme Park music, such as those found in Efteling Holland. I also love video game soundtracks such as SoulCalibur (my favourite soundtrack is probably soulcalibur 3, with 2 being a very close second or maybe even joint first when it comes to that series), and if you want to go a bit further affield, I'd recommend another game soundtrack, Bravely Default, for something really upbeat and powerful that mixes a bunch of different styles. There's also stuff like the Final Fantasy Piano Collections which are just brilliant.
Moving on to musicals, I've got too many musical songs to list, but I sing a lot. The song I always pick as my last song for an event or holiday, is a song called For Good from the musical Wicked. It's actually become a song that means a lot to me, so much so that whenever I've sung it recently, I've ended up crying mid song.
Also, I think the oldies are just better when it comes to pop music. Keep in mind, I'm a 90's kid really, but I'm finding loads of appreciation for the 60's, 70's and 80's.
If you hear older wrap songs like Wrapper's Delight by sugar hill gang, it's a double digit long in terms of minutes, absolute feast for the senses with the pumping bass and the lyrics which are utterly hilarious at times, and this is in the 70's, the funniest line, by far, is, I'm gonna freak you here, gonna freak you there, gonna freak you out of the atmosphere I was laughing so hard when I heard that line, thinking what on Earth have I stumbled on here, and it's just so much fun.
Another great wrap is Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, whichever version you listen to whether that's the tv or extended version. Both just as good.
But if you listen to something like Lady Gaga, well, I dunno. There's just something about it where the music itself seems to lack heart, and it seems to be a lot more about the look these days, and not just standalone songs. It's like the industry is dying.
Another contrast, I heard a song the other day by reo speedwagon. It's called Can't Fight this feeling anymore. It's a rock ballad that actually made me cry, it's got beautiful lyrics and I was only introduced to it the other day by my Dad.
When I sing, I actually end up singing mostly Disney or musicals. I've done stuff like Be Our Guest from the 90's version of Beauty and The Beast, Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid, and even branching out into stuff like Stars from Les Misérables. Recently I have learned the song My Way by Frank Sinatra, and I used it as my final song while at a karaoke bar on holiday for my last night. When I got to the midpoint, I actually ended up crying so much so that the host had to join in to lend me support, and that let me compose myself and we both sung until the end, at which point I just burst into tears and actually got hugged by the host, and many many thank yous were said. I've been told that out of the thousands of people the staff in that bar meet, they now think I am going to be one of the most memorable, which made me feel very surprised and happy indeed.
I just feel very happy when singing, and when I go on stage, I'm actually there to enjoy myself, I'm not interested in competing, if even just one other person likes what I do, then that's good enough for me and I've done what I wanted to do.

2018-06-02 15:14:33

Oh yes, forgot to say that, my favourite type of music is of course orchestral soundtracks, as well.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-06-02 19:52:58

Music = Everything
Music is the soundtrack of life.
Don't know where I would be without it!!!
Like all genres which is very helpful when it comes to inspiring me to produce a song.

Can't play any instruments lol. But have a good ear when it comes to music.

Enjoyed checking out everyones music on here. You all are very talented

2018-06-02 20:13:21 (edited by flackers 2018-06-02 20:14:36)

Joan, I can do a Bob Dylan impression if you're interested in a duet. It'll be like the old days.

2018-06-02 22:09:08

if you want good video game music, look at the Zenoblade Chronicles OST, the furst zenoblade, not 2 or x.
it mixes rock, clasical, heavy metal, and sad piano, as well as menny other things, perfectly,  from my perspective at least.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-06-03 04:13:49

@flackers
No one can sing like Bob Dylan. No one else is that terrible. Yes, I can say that because he isn't here and won't see it. If you want to try, I want to see it. I miss the old days. I was young back then.

2018-06-03 12:22:53

Okay, so it turns out I can't do a Bob Dylan impression, I just have a G harmonica. I thought that'd be enough. Anyway, I had a go. The real Joan Baez would never have slagged off Dylan, so my impression is no worse than yours smile.
http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=Fufy6ws92I67mH

2018-06-03 12:50:52

The real Joan Baez is human. She has been pushed to her breaking point. The woman you knew is gone. Now, I am different. I am fed up with this life. If things don't change, I'll be gone for good. I posted this topic to find good friends. If you want me gone, just say so. I'll go. I've already tried and failed twice. I wish I could bring back the woman everyone knew, but she is probably gone forever. Besides, I thought you meant that post as a joke, so I responded. Just forget I was ever born. I'll be gone before this day is over. I told everyone the next person to call me fake would bring the end for me, and I meant it.

2018-06-03 13:18:39

moving swiftly along! @flackers Just curious, where can I find your other music? Have you released anything to the public? I'd be interested in hearing anything the rest of you guys on here made as well.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-06-03 13:25:55

@Joan Baez, I was just joking, you shouldn't take things so much to heart. I meant no harm.
@shotgun. No, haven't made anything I ever consider worth keeping never mind sharing smile. I'm a very insecure amateur: the slightest criticism and I'd want to chuck it all in like Joan.

2018-06-03 16:46:53 (edited by defender 2018-06-03 16:48:14)

Responding to post 14, by Joan Baez:
If you are considering ending your life, please at least take into account the following resources first.

Online chat
https://www.imalive.org/
https://www.contact-usa.org/chat.html

Chat via mobile texting
https://www.crisistextline.org/

Help via Email
[email protected]

By telephone
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
HopeLine: 877-235-4525

I've heard that between 1 third and 80%  of people who attempt suicide regret it immediately afterwards and it only takes 5 minutes to an hour to make that impulsive decision on average, but obviously it effects your friends, both offline and online, family, including extended family, and even general acquaintances in one way or another for the rest of their lives.

2018-06-03 21:48:59

This is a very disturbing subject that belongs in another topic, can we please get back to the original topic at hand? I loved the discussion we were having before about music.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-06-03 22:48:29 (edited by defender 2018-06-03 23:01:42)

@18
If your asking me not to respond to a suicide threat then, sorry, no dice, not gonna happen, and maybe it will teach her some respect if she's trolling at least.
If your asking her to stop constantly interjecting nonsense into a good topic concept then, I agree wholeheartedly.

2018-06-04 03:15:31

Hi.

Well, music for me is an essential part of my life and I listen to it in almost every situation.
When I am at home in bed or at my desk, I have my speaker running with a play list, when I am traveling by car, train or bus, I almost every time i have my headphones on, I listen to music when I am at work and I have to concentrate on something because it helps me to focus on to a certain topic, and I recently started to listen to music when I am training the horse that I take care of, there is a speaker system in the arena which I have access to.
I have a diverse taste in music, mostly I listen to rock, metal, punk, epic orchestral arangements like movie and game soundtracks but also some old school Hip-Hop, modern rap from germany, irish and scottish folk, EDM can be found in my playlists.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-06-04 03:58:56

Don't try to change my mind. It's too late.

2018-06-04 10:33:44

@Joan, nobody here has said they want you to leave or the like. Any decision you make is entirely yours, but make sure its the right one. Also, remember this is a forum for discussing games and generally idle chatting, and while people will likely be sympathetic about any problems you might have or personal matters you would want to talk about, neither myself, nor the staff, nor people here really have expertees in discussing the sorts of major decisions you mention here.

I suggest you look at the resources Defender mentioned in post 17, or just try some places like http://www.samaritans.org if you want to address that sort of thing more specifically, though if you want to discuss personal matters, how your feeling or just stuff concerned with life, especially as it relates to games that's fair enough too.

In the mean time, you have actually raised an interesting question in this topic and one which I'd like  to address myself.

To me, there are two points aobut music. Music to be listened to, experienced, music as a journey, story or statement, and music as a form of communication, to let me express myself to an audience.
These are related, though my actual experience of them is different which is interesting.

Myself I couldn't live without either, for all that finding opportunities to perform is rather hard, though I do confess bland, uninteresting music which exists for no reason other than to make rich people richer and has been generated by corporate committees and demographics more than  the composer's or performer's creative talent really gets on my wick.

I also personally have a dislike for musicians who have no craft, singers who constantly use auto tune etc, which ironically usually goes along with the same sort of bland  image creation I mentioned.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-04 12:01:32

You cannot put my feelings about music into words , but you can put them into music it's self.  it's the only way...

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-06-04 23:35:00

I was just going to reply with what music meant to me, unfortunately I had to read post 14 though... ug!
The sad thing about post 14 is that it is a troll. It's one of those things that we all know is a troll, but that:
1, the only (acceptable?) response is a sympathetic one, and 2, it's not going to be ignored by everyone. Basically, exploiting the appeal to pathos to gain unearned, unneeded, and meaninglessly lusted after sympathy and attention.
As you might tell a try hard salesman trying for all the world to get you into purchasing the luxury edition though, one who is so good at his job that he almost makes you feel bad for not buying it... "I'm not buyin' it." I'm tellin' ya, an analytical, cold hard logical response such as this one is very likely to frustrate the salesman, and at least give him/her the flicker of an idea of giving up so as not to further said frustration.
smile

Anyway, music I guess. Music isn't some big part of my life like others have said it is for them; in fact I more often than not tend to push it out of the way since it screws horribly with my concentration, given the fact that my mind deviates off course and tries to analyze different qualities of the music: lyrics, tempo, key, instruments, things like that. I'm not even sure why, either. I don't know jack squat about music terminology or music theory, but just enough apparently.
When I'm not concentrating on something though, listening to music helps me think, usually productively, since it takes away all other environmental factors. That's usually how I brainstorm ideas, etc.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-06-05 00:42:10 (edited by flackers 2018-06-05 00:44:01)

I feel the same about music being a distraction. When I had sight, my friend would come round to play playstation and always complain that I'd turned the background music off. For him it totally killed the atmosphere, and he's right, but I have always found background music too distracting. I hate it when they use good music in film and television because I stop paying attention to what's going on and instead start listening to the music. Especially if there's something unusual going on, like with the timing or something. Many a time I've abandoned a film or whatever because I'm more interested in trying to work out what was going on with the music.
As for the darker subject that's come up, although this isn't the thread for it, I do think there's room on the off topic forum to discuss it. It's a tough subject, but I think depression and social isolation is something that's probably affected lots of us on here. Certainly has me, and I went through a very tough time in my late teens. The thing I think where you have to be very careful with some people is they might be of the mindset that says I'll show the haters, they'll be sorry. But the tragic thing is, they won't, it's the people who really love you who'll suffer. The haters won't give a shit.