2018-05-15 20:53:35

I have been away from the audio game community for one or two years. What are the games that I have missed? What should I check? What were the big things?

Thank you!

That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.

2018-05-15 22:16:11

AHC.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-05-15 22:43:52

A Hero's Call was the biggest thing recently, with it's exploration, fully voice acted story and turn-based combat which used cinematic audio. Crazy Party was probably last year's or two years back and is also still going, features a mode where you play minigames and unlock more, and there are loads, and a card battler mode that's still being developed even now.
Even the Japanese devs did an English release, in the form of the shooter Audiostrike which is probably one of the hardest and most satisfying arcade games you'll play, and it's definitely worthwhile beating each difficulty in turn because you unlock more and more stuff, and this even includes a couple of extra difficulties as well.

2018-05-16 07:19:51

Well, the best thing is to check the new releases room. smile
The following games are still being updated:
Swamp, Survive the Wild, Readspot, Alter Aeon, Cosmic rage, Three D velosity 2 (found in the generel games room), Sound RTS and properly more games.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-16 09:05:03

Well checking the new releases room and also updates to the db is probably a good idea.

Off the top of my head there is a hero's call of course as people have mentioned, but also treasure islands, many updates to crazy party, swamp and sound rts, if you've not tried it already code 7 is definitely worth a look, then there is the new peaches and cream puzzle game from nathantech, treasure islands, a short new arcade game, several games in the clicker/idle game genrre (some of which are still being investigated), and if your tastes run that way a few  text games such as allure of wanten cove, flexible survival (more updates to the single player game and the mud),  and inheritance, plus some newly found  more conventional browser games such as elerio and animal acres too about animal care.

For Ios there have been more releases from hosted games and choiceofgames, plus the very awesome land of livia, and huboodle, a social hub like rs games and Quentin C playroom.

Then there are announcements of some potentially very interesting games like echoes of leevia and brain station.

That is what immediately occurs to me, though I'm probably missing a good few things, as people have said, check the new releases room, especially if you've been gone a while, also don't forget that the "updates" link on the main page shows the last 10 updated db entries, and many games have been added to the db recently too, so if you want full descriptions of games like code 7 or crazy party go there.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-16 10:49:36

it was never quite my thing, but crafting kingdom on the IOS side of things is also fairly new.

2018-05-16 13:22:49

Three D velocity 2 is being updated again now as SLJ mentioned, which is really cool, and since it's gone open source you can get it for free.
For now it's mostly serverside stuff but playing online is pretty fun on that game, and in future their will be lots of much needed optimizations and hopefully some bugfixes which should make the game more stable.
Same with Swamp like he also said, and while not much has happened yet, their is an awesome new zombie that can knock down buildings, and Aprone is working on new content.
Cyclepath also came out, an addictive arcade driving game where you collect coins to unlock new bikes, modes, and environments, with some really impressive spacial audio effects and running on a new platform which allows it to be played on XBox and touch devices over the internet!
Clash of lightsabers is a dueling game based on light tech interactive's light battles 1 which was never completed, but with more content including a survival mode.
And yeah Alteraeon got a bunch of new higher level areas, and their adding a bunch of new crafting skills too.
A cool little game called escape beat also came out for the audio game jam, it's very solid and well put together, not really experimental at all, and it uses a neat, music based reaction fighting system and also a music and volume based navigation system for beating mazes, with a neat little boss fight at the end.
Another game from the same competition, The Forest That Lost Its Voice, while shorter and only playable using an XBox controller has some very impressive audio effects on offer.
An interesting concept demo called HEARtREAD also came out, it's quite impressive but not sure of dev progress unfortunately...
The flight simulator Eurofly got a big update that makes it allot more realistic, with hangers, runway navigation which is sort of like it's own minigame, allot of new weather conditions, new flight systems you need to manage, and even an online chat!
A comprehensive sound upgrade (Eurofly enhanced mod`) also came out for Eurofly 2 that replaces basically all of the airplane sounds with far better ones as well, and even cleans up the English on many of the tasks.
Table flipper is a fun little arcade game where the hole point is to cause as much destruction as humanly possible (very cathartic big_smile) but it's a bit more complex with that as you can throw debris, make giant chain reactions, fire missiles, dodge air raids, play a race against the clock mode, use a couple powerups, and spend points you earn from destroying things on your stats to become a god!
You can also download and create new objects to destroy...
Rode to rage also got an update, some awesome new weapon sounds, majorly reworked weapon stats as well, and also one new weapon.
Humans VS robots also came out, it's a survival based game similar to Swamp in that you fight waves of enemies and earn money to buy awesome new weapons and experience to access new maps, but using a navigation system like STW and Redspot, with the additions of drivable vehicles and full automatic weapons. Unfortunately it's Russian and their are almost no English speaking players any more, so while they do try and accommodate us, we aren't the priority.
Also, while their are tons of cool secret locations, their are also allot of empty maps or those that have enemies that give crap XP and are your only option for leveling up in that level range, so their is allot of mind numbing grinding.
A very challenging but addictive defensive driving game called the road of life also came out, where you need to drive on an ice road, avoiding holes in the ice, enemy attack planes, and zones where if you go too fast or slow your truck will fall through.
Liam from L-Works put out a funny little arcade game where you play a socially and mobility challenged blind guy called bob, walking down the street avoiding various obstacles, such as an angry dog, fire hydrants at crotch height, trash cans and more, with extremely amusing death scenes but pretty slow gameplay that does, to be fare ramp up later on with new, more active hazards.
The turned based randomly generated strategy game Warsim got several new additions, mostly several new locations, more story line, and a few fun new features like celebrations, a hugely expanded brawling pit, a new courtier, and a bard system, along with a bunch of new units and a crap ton of bug fixes.
Mason Armstrong made allot of headway in bringing back USA games Tomb Raider, and I think he did a pretty good job, but I haven't been able to play it much my self because it's pretty freakin hard LOL.

2018-05-16 14:43:46

SLJ wrote:

Well, the best thing is to check the new releases room. smile
The following games are still being updated:
Swamp, Survive the Wild, Readspot, Alter Aeon, Cosmic rage, Three D velosity 2 (found in the generel games room), Sound RTS and properly more games.

It is exactly what I did  before creating this topic, but since there were a lot of stuff.. well, I decided to ask for a little summary. Thanks for commenting!

That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.

2018-05-16 14:47:41

thanks, folks, this is super helpful. This helps me select what I am going to try first. Special thanks to defender for this very detailed list!

2018-05-17 06:34:11

No problem, happy to help.