2018-03-17 11:20:19

hi, can any one please confirm if captcha be gone has indeed
stopped working, or is it a issue on my end. i have tried fire fox version 54 all the way to 58 and no go. when i do get my self log in, it says searching for captcha but it just hangs on that screen, then I tried it on internet explorer. but stil no go. any help would be grately appreciated. the reason i had to buy that subscription is for web visum seem to have stopped working. i need a captcha solving app because i have to use it to log in to the tole gate sight to check account balances for the work that I do.
if any one can get it working or
can test it out, here is the link to this sight.
just navigate to the captcha field. ignore all the other fields and see if it works on
your end. if it does not work, please can you urgently recommend me another app to use.
I'd greatly appreciate this.
the link to the web page is.
https://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/portal/Default.aspx

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-03-17 13:43:01

I used the internet explorer version and can confirm that the service has not worked for several months at least. I have since then canceled my subscription to the service and removed Captcha Be Gone from my system.

From now on, when I encounter a Captcha I'll either try the audio version if it's offered, or call Aira to get some sighted help to solve it.

I had my doubts about this service when it first came out because it's by Accessible Apps, the same people that produce Q Read, and while they are timely in fulfilling orders, their tech support is non existent. I have tried to contact them a number of time for help with some issues with Q Read and have yet to receive a reply from them.

Now I no longer use any of their products and will not buy anything more from them.

In my view their products are abandonware that they keep selling to milk as much as they can from them.

2018-03-17 14:53:57

Hi Orko, this is bad for me from a business point of view, i'll now have to see if I can find another captcha option. i've canceled my subscription to
captcha be gone now as well. thanks so much for confirming its non working status for me. dam, even web visums not working.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-03-17 14:59:05

yeah I can confirm that captcha be gone isn't working, atleast it wasn't when I tried to subscribe to it a few weeks ago. It seems that the only remaining option is rumola which works as expected for me.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-03-17 18:37:05

I haven't purchased Captcha Be Gone, because there wasn't PayPal payment option. But if it no longer works, and if nothing was done about that, I think it's good that I haven't paid subscription for that, although it seamed to me very interesting project when it came out.

2018-03-18 02:13:33

I tried Rumola, but found their approach for implementing it for Internet Explorer isn't very reliable in that if often fails to find the Captcha to be solved.

2018-03-18 19:11:56

Lovely! I just found yet another reason to stay from programs by Accessible Apps, I just discovered that the Uninstaller for Captcha Be Gone doesn't undo all the changes it makes to your system. The entries for Captcha Be Gone still show up in the context menu when I right click in a web page. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of them.

Now I have to wonder what the Q Read uninstaller left behind that it should have removed.

Never again!

2018-03-18 21:28:32

@Orko: What issues have you encountered with Q Read? I have been using Q Read for a while now and I have to say that the only issue I have had is that it hasn't been recently updated; other than that it works like magic.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-03-18 21:40:44 (edited by flackers 2018-03-18 21:42:16)

I use QRead too and think it works well. there are a couple of things that could be improved upon, but as far as I can tell, since digital editions went screwy with jaws 15, it's the only option for reading ebooks with my preferred screen reader. Also agree though that it's a waste of time contacting them for support, you might as well shout your question down the toilet for all the good it does.

2018-03-19 00:03:35

My biggest problem with Q Read is that it takes about a minute to start up. I know it's not my computer because every other program on it starts up very quickly with almost no waiting. Only Q Read has this start up lag.

For Acrobat Reader I use version 9.5 which is the last version before version X was released. From my experience every version of Reader from version X onward has just become more and more unstable with each new version. Version 9.5 at least doesn't crash or lock up every time you use it, and it's reasonably accessible.

2018-03-19 00:14:56

@Orko: Do you by any chance have Code Factory Eloquence installed? If so, there's the explanation for QRead's startup lag. I was wondering about the same issue, and finally tracked it down. It seems to be related to Eloquence's DRM. If you start QRead, then exit, then start it again, it starts much faster the second time. Apparently QRead is doing something with the default SAPI voice when it starts, which triggers the Eloquence DRM to do its thing.

2018-03-19 01:34:06

I too will never buy another product from Q, or accessible apps. The guy on a personal level is a complete tool, on a professional level, is uncommunicative, long in releasing updates, and rude even on business inquiries.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-19 08:54:09

Hmm. As far as context menu settings go, I thought that would be something in the registry.

2018-03-19 13:28:02

@jaybird

Yes, I have Eloquence for Windows. A couple of games that I have installed use the SAPI voice also have start up lags but since they are games and not something I wanted to be more productive, I was willing to live with the lag, plus I knew where their lag was coming from. I didn't know that Q Read did anything with the SAPI voice or I'd have figured that out too.

We seriously need Eloquence for Windows without that gawd damn Themedia DRM! Not only is Accessible Apps technical support non existent, so is Code Factory's, I've never gotten a reply to any of my inquiries from them either.

@Draq

AS it turns out, it was rather easy to dispose of those context menu entries, they were in the registry at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Menu Ex or something like that. Still, the uninstaller should have removed them.

2018-03-19 15:09:37

Hi all.
I tried canceling my subscription yesterday and guess what, i got a 500 internal server error. I tried to check my billing history and I got the same error! I contacted them previously about the billing history issue and I didn't get any reply.
I don't know what to do now.
Best regards.

2018-03-19 16:58:14

Billing history works fine for me. Clicking the link to cancel also works, although I didn't actually hit  the confirmation to cancel.

2018-03-19 18:21:23

@ryok

You should be able to call the company that issued your card and ask them to not accept any more charges from Accessible Apps. To do this, you'll have to look up a previous charge to refer them to so they can see what their billings look like.

If they can't do that, your other option is to request a new card with a new number, then cancel the old card. It's a pain, but it would prevent them from billing you any further.

2018-03-19 18:35:10 (edited by MasterChief 2018-03-19 18:43:24)

Yeah, it no longer works with firefox, it's like, the entire  add-on it self has stopped working.
As with chrome, it no longer works as well, the add-on is there, but it gives wrong results last time I tried it.
As far as I can remember, it can only work with explorer, but from what you guys have already said, it looks like it doesn't work on explorer as well anymore.
I will cancel my subscription now, hopefully that works at least.
Update:
I have managed to cancel it, I can confirm that at least canceling the subscription works.
There is something else as well, when I wanted to cancel the subscription, it says that I will not be able to solve any captcha after the cancellation.
Not like it works, but my subscription should be active until the next billing date at least, since I paid for an entire year right?

2018-03-19 19:22:09

Tried to solve a captcha, no go. Unsubscribed just fine. Was nice while it lasted. RIP.

2018-03-19 20:54:03

@Master Chief

You would think so but apparently not. I'll just chalk it up to yet another reason to avoid Accessible Apps.

2018-03-19 21:03:03

@orko
Thanks much! I'll see what I can do. The thing is now I have to scroll through my credit statement to find the info and its a hassle. Oh well.

2018-03-19 21:25:14

@ryok

If you know when you were last billed by Captcha Be Gone and for how much, your card company should be able to find the charge in their records for you. Might be worth a shot, worst that can happen is they'll tell you they can't do that.

2018-03-21 21:03:40

Wow. I thought something on my end had caused Captcha Be Gone to stop working. It really sucks that this happened. I guess I'll have to try Rumola again. Right now I'm using Web Visum with the ESR version of Firefox, but soon the ESR will be updated to version 58, so that is a Band-aid solution. I'm certainly not keeping an unsupported version of any web browser around.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.