2017-12-19 22:28:39 (edited by jyro22 2017-12-19 22:36:58)

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since I've been online. Life got pretty crazy. Things are good now, thankfully.
I'm back with a better way of doing things and making great progress with audio games.

New Improvements:
-All game demos no longer expire. Ever.
-You can download any of the five playable demos from one convenient link.
-Every game has an installer now, with option for desktop icon and to open the manual.
-No more wait times when you purchase current games, just purchase and download instantly.

Playable Demos:
-Airik the Cleric - Zelda style RPG
-Kurt Wolf - Adventure platformer
-Griff - Adventure platformer
-Griff 2 - Adventure platformer
-Edge of Winter - First person adventure mystery

Click here to download any of the five demos.

Each game has been updated with numerous fixes such as improved Windows 10 compatibility, reduced load times, some bug fixes and sound improvements.

Get four full games in a holiday bundle here! Full game installers are yours immediately as of purchase.

Edge of Winter final testing session is now fully active. If you wish to join, just access the folder here and write in the comments and feedback doc with your name above your comments. Thank you for being a part of the team! We'll be wrapping this game up quickly.

Click here to purchase Edge of Winter.

Thank you for your continuous support, I hope you enjoy playing! I'll return shortly with news about the other games
in development. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please email [email protected]

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Jake

2017-12-20 01:12:48

Hey! This is great news! I've been wanting to tryout Airik the Cleric and Edge of Winter for a while now. Donloading...

2017-12-20 02:03:38 (edited by Orko 2017-12-20 02:05:35)

Observations:

Airik the Cleric

1. Installer uses a Start button instead of an Install button which can be confusing.
2. No shortcuts to the game are created.
3 No shortcuts to the game manual file are created.

Edge of Winter

1. Installer uses a Start button instead of an Install button which can be confusing.
2. Game manual file is an ODT file instead of a text or doc file. What the heck is an ODT file?
3. No shortcuts are created for the game manual file or the game walk through file.

My first impression is that these installers were thrown together without being tested. Not a very impressive first impression. (Hides wallet)

PS: If you want to try these demos, grab them quick, they're on dropbox and you know how dropbox links don't last very long before they are blocked.

2017-12-20 02:38:46

Start button thing isn't a huge deal for me, but I'd at least put an option to set up a shortcut for the game once installed. Just my opinion. Might grab this holiday bundle, we'll see. Nice to know you're taking complaints seriously and at least trying to fix them. Hoping it goes well for you as your game ideas are unique.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-12-20 03:06:41

Here we go again. Nice to hear you're back Jake! Hoping for good and honest improvements this time which will tempt me to get that bundle. As has been said, your ideas are definitely unique. But when I don't see promises delivered, I tend to be very skeptical. God luck!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-12-20 03:21:16

Now that I know about it, the Start button instead of an Install button isn't a big deal for me either. But the first time I ran one of the installers, it gave me the impression that the installer had crashed and I was back at the desktop.

2017-12-20 03:32:24

I'm really pleased about this. The only reason  the Grif  or edge of winter don't have db pages is that I couldn't actually try them out, indeed I rather fancied getting them myself. i assume these are the perminant dropbox links that do not expire?

heck, I would love! to play Airic the cleric (given my voice is in the game), now that I have a windows 10 machine so won't have the problem on xp.
So expect some db updates shortly.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-20 03:41:45 (edited by jyro22 2017-12-20 03:43:30)

Thanks for the feedback.
I fixed the format for the Edge of Winter manual just now. I appreciate you pointing that out.
Made new installers which will add icons to the desktop, I'm recompiling these and testing them,
then they'll be updated within the hour. Thank you.

Thanks Dark. Nice to see you. Correct, the dropbox links are reliable and will never expire.
Dropbox is an excellent download method which many developers use for providing long term or forever downloads.
These are wizards applications which install the games / demos to your hard drive.

2017-12-20 04:20:47

Hi Jyro Just installed the Grif demo and am giving it a try, I've been quite looking forward to playing this one for some time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-20 05:10:26

Well I tried Grif 1 and no problem (though getting to the end of the terice and finding nothing was a bit of a let down after I worked out those jumps).
Initially sounds did not play correctly, but once I install the og vorbis thingy it worked fine, and I look forward to playing the full game.

For Grif 2 however I run the game and I get the following error everytime.

---------------------------
griff2.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
OK   

My system specs are as follows:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 8.0GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 530
v5.38.6357 (64-bit)

As far as I know I have the appropriate direct x updates (I certainly have enough classic games from the xp days installed on here).
Hope this isn't a major issue, I'll go and try the other games and report back if I run into similar problems.

Edit: Okay I've tried the other games and confirm that Grif 2 is the only one with this issue, sort of amusing  talk to myself in a game when I ran Airic (I'll show Mrs. Dark and see what she thinks).

The installers all worked fine, accept that the one for Airic didn't actually install a shortcut to Airic.exe on the start menu, just to uninstall Airic.

I would also suggest you add shortcuts in each start menu folder to read the manual, as I got a little stuck in Grif for not finding the instructions, and having the shortcut to the  on the start menu would've helped since that was the first place I looked.

2017-12-20 07:41:56

So I asoom edge of winter is finished? If yes, I’d like to receive the game, as I was among those who preordered it 2 years ago.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-12-20 07:47:03

hi jyro, if i get the updated griff 1 full game can i reenter my existing licence? is it still separate links for the full versions vs the demos oftitles? i was hoping to play clocktower chronicles.

2017-12-20 07:49:10

hi, so what is in the holiday bundle since i am not sure where my keys have gone? is it airik the clerik, kurtwolf, grif 1 and 2?

2017-12-20 07:54:14

ok so i have found my original griff order link but how do i get the latest version registered and downloaded from? i may have to re-purchase kurtwolf sorry for posting in several quick successions.

2017-12-20 08:02:50 (edited by stewie 2017-12-20 08:05:36)

Regarding Edge of Winter:
If I alt tab away and back to the window, only a single key press works and no others work after that. I think Airik the Cleric had this issue too.
Please add some form of sonar or navigation alerts, right now a lot of the game is running into walls until I find an opening.
Some more descriptive writing would be appreciated too as well as the ability to examine items.

spoilery bug:
I saved my game at the body an reloaded, I was in a dungeon cell with a vial and other items I had not seen before.

I definitely think Edge of Winter has potential.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-20 08:08:04 (edited by jyro22 2017-12-20 08:08:24)

Okay, the demos and full games have now been updated for desktop icons and better manual formats.

Good questions!

@Dark, thanks for specifying your operating system details, I'll write to you via email to help you with the issue and will post the solution here.

@connor142, thanks I'll make sure you get the download of Edge as well as any others you've purchased.
@wlomas good to hear you found your order link, if anyone has purchased these games in the past, please email [email protected]

The bundle is essentially Airik, Kurtwolf, Griff and Griff 2 all together for one price for anyone who is missing some or all of the games from their collection. Four great games.

I'll post shortly about the other titles which are well underway and I'm happy Dark will be contributing his great voice talents.
Thanks!

2017-12-20 08:39:38

jyro thank you for your message. my griff order was for last year though, where do i get the full version as i ordered it, that has now been updated? should i e-mail you off-list?

2017-12-20 09:29:30

Hi Jyro.
It's great to hear from you again. I'm sorry to say this, but I'm very skeptical, and I personally find it very difficult to believe any single word that you're saying.
1. Edge of winter is now open for public testing. But, what the hell has happened from the last time you announced the game was in the latest testing periode until now? No thanks, I have much better things to do, and more trusty developers to trust... I hope you have all of us who preordered the game long time ago stored in a database... We are a lot of people who payed for games long time ago, which we still haven't got.
2. You talk about more permanent download links. Wow, awesome news. But then you just use Dropbox, which most people know closes the links if it has too high traphic.
Let me ask you a serious question: Do you consider yourself as a professionel and a serious company? A serious company have a stable website which is being hosted by a professionel web hosting company, which of course offers stable and unlimited download solutions.
You can't say you don't have the money to get your website hosted professionally. Just use the money I personally have given you then I purchased Airic the cleric and have preordered all the other games which I still haven't got, and then you'll have a professionel webhost for at leased a half year.
No, my dear professionel developer, Dropbox is not a stable and great solution for download links. Not even if you have a payed account.
3. If you are a developer and have coded all your games on your own, you shouldn't really have that much trouble on making an installer, which asks you if you wanna create a desktop icon. I mean, such thing shouldn't be requested. Such thing should just happen automatically. There are tools and even great systems out there which is build for making installers. You don't even need to code or script anything, depending on what system you choose to use. Just in case you don't know.
4. I know all about life being busy and things going wrong. But personally, I just can't trust a developer who have been silent for so long. I will highly recommend you to go back in your older topics and see how desperately people have tried to contact you, without any response at all.
Having said all that, I'll wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-20 09:54:14

I would like to get the new full installer of ETC as I did purchase it quite a few years ago. My account should be under my email whitch is chipper0182 (at) gmail (dot) com thanks.

2017-12-20 12:18:08

Gyro22, thanks for the updates! Hopefully this round with Breakerbox Studios will be much better than past experiences have been. Happy Holidays!

2017-12-20 15:47:19

For me when I roon Griff 2 I get the same problem.
I have windows 10 pro, 64 bit, intel I7.

73 Wj3u

2017-12-20 15:53:10

hi jyro22
sow i m me to preordered it 2 years ago.
edge of winter
game to release?

2017-12-20 16:22:11

Personally, I think that everyone that pre ordered Edge of Winter should automatically get an update via email without having to remind the developer of their pre order.

2017-12-20 16:46:13 (edited by death 2017-12-20 16:47:52)

For the post I can't be bothered to look up that was super angry sounding, perhaps give it a bit of time before raging. You have every right to be skeptical, but he's trying to fix the problems of before. We should give him the time and opportunity to do so.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-12-20 17:05:09

@Slj, I do appreciate the irritation, heck the fact that I never actually got to play the game I contributed voice acting for due to a promised fix for xp never materialising and the game dropping off the map before I got windows 10  was more than a little annoying, quite aside from the fact that I really wanted to play Breakerbox other games and couldn't.

However, in general I have to agree with Death, Breakerbox are planely learning from the past and going forward. As I have worked on adding download links to the db, I can tell you that a lot of developers use Dropbox for permenant hosting, and looking at the way Paypal is setup with the payment option, it is plane that Breakerbox have a business account  and can therefore process orders, both of which are very hopeful signs to me.

So I'm for myself quite willing to give Breakerbox the bennifit of the doubt here, and indeed am very much looking forward to trying their games out.