2017-08-30 15:25:22 (edited by emma88 2017-09-01 21:44:35)

Yesterday I stuck my flash drive on my Windows 7 laptop and was able to browse the pictures without a problem. I rotated some of them using the default photo viewer, and it said "saving" when moving to the next picture in the slideshow.

At the end of the day I pulled the usb out of the slot. Today when I put it back in the computer, it says the usb isn't formatted. The camera says the same thing.

Is there any chance that I could use some kind of recovery tools to get the pictures back?

2017-08-30 16:22:13

Looks like your message got cut off. Care to try again?

2017-08-30 20:59:54

first, try running chkdsk. If you didn't safely remove the card after changing the contwnt, the file system might've gotten screwed up. To run chkdsk, make note of the drive letter of the card that claimed to not be formatted, hit windows, type command, arrow to command prompt, shift f10, run as administrator, then type chkdsk <drive> /f. if it says access is denied, schedule check on next boot? answer y and reboot. After your machine comes back up, see if you can access the files. If not, get a linux live dvd such as talking arch or ubuntu, and install and run photorec.

2017-09-02 10:48:49 (edited by oliviablond 2017-09-07 20:59:53)

You can use Disk Drill app to recover files from your flash drive, if the photos are important. I personally used this tool https://www.pandorarecovery.com/flash-d … overy.html to recover data from my USB flash drive. I also tried flash drive recovery freewares to save the inner data but none worked. But if the files are not vital for you, don't waste your time and money as this tool is not cheap.