2017-08-25 21:28:12

I heard on the news that somebody, sorry I don't remember who, started a go fund me campaign to raise enough money to buy enough controlling interest in twitter to ban Trump's account. The report said they were up to $30,000 of the $1,000,000,000 they are campaigning for.

What a laugh!

2017-08-25 22:55:58

Who the hell does this guy think he is? Does he/she even realize how long it would take to raise a  billion dollars on a crowdfunding campaign? Jesus, that'd take years, if not an entire decade, to even raise 100 million dollars -- but a billion? WTF?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-08-25 23:01:44

And also, who is this guy to think that all it would take would be a go fund me campaign? Like they'll listen to a thing like that. Lol!

2017-08-26 00:22:36

I do recall that the person behind this is a woman.

Realisticly, I think it would take way more than a Billion to gain enough control of Twitter to do what she wants. LOL!

2017-08-26 00:44:43

Hi.
Well, it's a former CIA agent acording to german news sources, but yeah, like some plans of Donald Trump, this one is just as hilarious.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-26 01:12:35 (edited by Ethin 2017-08-26 01:15:08)

Well then, we know who it is. Honestly, this protesting is really starting to annoy the shit out of me. Why can't all these protesters learn how their own fucking federal government works and sit down, shut up, and stay quiet? Their only objective is removing trump and fitting their own president in there that they like, and they not only discount everyone elses opinion as if it was irrelevant to them and didn't matter one iota, but they also are attempting to discount the constitution we are all bound to, the laws which hold this country together, and the very history behind all of it. And let's not forget that the damn news media needs to behave and be controlled too. I'd happily support the suppression and control of the media, because it is exactly them who are forcing this nonsense to continue, it is them who falsify things or make it sound worse than it actually is, and it is also they who don't give everyone the facts that we need to make educated decisions and have, as a result, caused this country to begin the stage of self-destruction. And I feel that it is already too late to save us from our own impending annihilation. And it will only speed up the process if this shit continues. If this doesn't stop now, it will be us who self-implode. We won't need any Russians, ISIS supporters, or Koreans to do it for us -- we'll have done it ourselves.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-08-26 02:03:06

And yet, the Constitution does allow them to protest and does not allow the government to control the press. From what I remember, it does not take into account the quote on quote the press falsifying and or blowing things into huge story’s. I will say that yes, Trump has a mouth on him, and no I do not like the comments he made about women in the pass. On the other hand, the other side came out worse to me when I personally took things into account, but that is neither here or there when it is taking into account what this topic is about as far as I can tell. I personally think that it would take more than that amount of money to banned him from twitter and if you do not when him in, vote him out the next chance you get. That is assuming that enough agree with you. Remember, you are trying to get enough states to agree with you instead of the number of people, but then again, I am veering off topic yet again. Now this does bring up some interesting thoughts though. Does twitter wish to curve the amount of users by restricting the speech? Why or why not? If we band trump, who else will we band later? If they use “hate speech” as a factor for banning, then who decides what “hate speech” is and why? I am sure that there can be more questions that can be ask, questions like those has to be thought through very carefully by twitter as far as I can see. What people sometimes do not take into account is that there are some good from twitter along with the bad. I, myself, do not know the number of people using twitter either. It is worth saying that the benefit gotten from twitter is through the people followed on twitter. Also, has anyone read the twitter user agreement that twitter has? For those who might wish to have a chuckle at Trump may wish to consider that there may be a chance that he might not had read the twitter policies and there might be a loop hole there. Then again, maybe not. My own view is that this amount of money could better be spent somewhere else. For example, maybe to help the poor if that is who you wish to help? Anyway, I suspect that this would be my last post on this topic. I am wondering if it will become a flame war and I do not wish to be a part of a flame war. I can think of better things to do with my time instead of being a part of a flame war.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-08-26 02:48:26

Plus, getting him banned from Twitter is a futile effort, it's not like that's gonna get him tried or anything.

2017-08-26 03:06:58

True. It might even turn the population of the entire country against this woman if she pursues it. This kind of thing doesn't ever stay quiet for long. If she continues, and the entire country turns against her... God, I can't imagine what would happen to her.

My Github

2017-08-26 06:24:28

Somebody? there are quite a few somebodys that don't like trump, but imo, this has got  to be the most trumpish thing to do to get rid of trump himself! lol

And of course, Ethin's posts are always good for a chuckle. Entire population of the country? my word. tongue
Where the mob! seriously...
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-08-26 08:32:33

Somebody doesn't like Donald Trump. Wow! What a surprise! LOL
Personaly I think, that the campeign of this woman is sort of futile. But that doesn't mean, I support this dude. Fortunately, there are aparently enough people out there, who have the power of at least sort of containing his madness.
The only people who probably have the time of their lifes right now are the guys from Saturday Night Life. LOL.

2017-08-26 12:24:34

ok ethin, at poast 6, i don't want to sound rude, but what you just stated there sounded pretty comunist. really dude? democracy means freedom of speech. freedom of speech mean, hell dude, it means the right to say what you feel. alright? i really disagree with the fact that they should be suppressed because dude, we are in the democracy and like i said, it means freedom of speech. romania was comunist for like 30 years or something, from the 50-s until 89. so yeah. there they got arested for what ever they said, don't forget, now we do not have dictators, we have president. and from what i know america never had dictators.
thanks for reading

2017-08-26 14:45:05

Each week I listen to a radio program on NPR called "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me". The show is a news quiz with a bent on making the weeks news humours.

Soon after Trump moved into the White House, they thanked America for electing trump because now they never had to go very far to find humours material for their show. And, sure enough, each week Trump never fails to provide them with material. Often it's his tweets, but things he says to just about anybody tend to show up in the show too.

2017-08-26 15:15:02

@post 12 I happen to agree with Ethin on this 1. You have to keep in mind, this woman is trying to raze money to ban Trump from Twitter for the stuff he rights on his account. It's these people who are trying to limit freedom of speech, not Ethin or anybody on this forum who's on his side, including myself.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-08-26 15:25:08

And even so, it's more complicated than that. It's one thing to want free speech, which obviously as Vlad said we do have, but exaggerated, dishonest news is becoming the serious problem here.

2017-08-26 18:42:02

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, and that's exactly why we need to suppress and control the news media. Most of this can be blamed on the media -- without it, none of this would happen, but without it, we wouldn't know shit. So we need to take control of them, at least a bit, and tell them to not Ly about anything, not omit anything, and not exadurate. After all, the Media has given the good type of hacker a bad name all because the word "hacker" somehow got associated with someone who illegally breaks into computer systems, when in fact that's exactly 'not' what they do at all. That would be a 'cracker'. But no, the media made that word bad, so now if someone tells someone else that they're a 'hacker', said someone will get suspicious of them just because of what they said.

My Github

2017-08-26 19:51:49 (edited by Orko 2017-08-26 19:58:33)

On one hand, I agree that Trump has the constitutional right to say what he wants and no one has the right to attempt to limit his right in any way. That is what we call freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

On the other hand, free speech or freedom of the press does not include telling lies or spreading false information. There are actually laws that make doing so a punishable offense. How about defamation of character, or slander, or filing a false report.

In case anyone wants to know, or cares, no, I don't like Trump, but I like Hilary even less. However, I don't think either of them deserves to have their speech stifled, or any of their rights trampled upon.

I just think this whole thing with attempting to stifle Trump with an attempt to control Twitter is laughable and sad. And even if this gal's approach works and she is able to ban Trump's Twitter account, he'd just get a new email address and create a new account. And if she shutdown Twitter, there are lots of other ways he can get his word out. Facebook is a good example.

Ultimately, she will be fighting an uphill battle all the way.

2017-08-26 21:37:42

The fact is, we have an immature president; sad but true.  This means that we're gonna get into some tough territory.  Just yesterday evening, North Korea launched another missile.  Does trump want what is best for the United States or does he want  personal publicity?  Only time will tell.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-08-26 22:27:05 (edited by Orko 2017-08-28 23:45:40)

I'm not certain that Trump being our president has anything to do with what ever North Korea does, Kim Jung Un will do whatever he wants to do regardless of who is president of who, or what ever they might say. He is just plain nutty enough to use a nuke on somebody if he ever manages to put one on a missile. Scary, and we thought the cold war was bad.

2017-08-27 05:47:22 (edited by Slender 2017-08-27 05:50:21)

I don't think we should ban any political figure for speaking their mind. Who is to say that this kind of thing won't be turned against the people that used it? It's Trump today, but it could be someone the public likes tomorrow. That kind of censorship sets a dangerous precedent. A quote I once heard said something along the lines of I don't agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it, and I think this is what should happen in this case.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-08-27 14:38:13

That woman being a formar CIA agent explains everything. CIA does not want trump.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-08-27 14:56:11

Good point, burak, the CIA and Trump haven't been on the best of terms since before the election.

2017-08-27 16:09:47

@post 19,
You're right concerning North Korea and its leaders; they have minds of their own.  My point is simply that instead of defusing the tension between countries, Trump seems to want a reason to attack.  Is that in our best interest as a whole?
Granted, I honestly don't know what approach should be taken when it comes to North Korea in general, but the "fury unlike anything the world has ever seen" tirade doesn't exactly sound president like; I've seen highschool bullies behave better than that.
hat having been said, I realize that no matter what action you take as a famous person, be it president or something else that commands world wide poppularity, you always have detractors, which is why all I can say with sincerity is that what I'm writing here is just a load of kerfuffle given the world didn't trust me as president.  :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-08-27 17:10:11

It's possible that Trump sees North Korea as a bully, and most bullies are really cowards. As soon as their victims begin to stand up against them it turns out they aren't prepared to engage in a real fight, so they back down and go looking for easier pickings.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that North Korea is like most bullies. They might not be prepared for a real fight, if it came to that, but they aren't prepared to back down either for fear of appearing weak to the rest of the world.

2017-08-28 19:11:51

True true; personally I think the US would win a war with North Korea and North Korea knows it, though there would be tons of casualties on both sides as is usually the case in a war, increased by the kind of war we would be waging.  This, of course, requires that Russia and China at least, stay out of it or don't join in on the North Korean side, and as I understand it, both have pretty much said they wouldn't, provided the US doesn't attack first.
Whatever the case, I don't envy the president one bit; his job is one I wouldn't want, much as I'd like to help the world.