2017-05-05 18:54:19

hi all.
I've gotten vip mud a long, long way ago, but didn't know for really much time what muds are and how to play them. so one day, when I found about alter aeon from a friend I started to understand what I've lost soo many years.
so like I sayd, I've got vip mud and my fist experiences with it are nice, it's sad it doesn't work with nvda quite well.
my problem is, I've never knew how to put a soundpack to a mud.
speanking of soundpacks and muds, i'd want to try some muds, like clok, but don't have the soundpacks. can anyone help me?
if there are some more nice made soundpacks for games, i'd like to get my hands of then.
thanks a lot.
oh and sorry if the topic sounds like hey can you give me that and that... I tried searching but I didn't quite found many good packs around big_smile
thanks in advance!

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-05-05 19:42:30

Hi razvitasca.

First, what is the problem your having with Vipmud and Nvda? It seems fine to me in the muds I've played with it. I do recall the old 1.0 version of Vipmud wasn't supposed to run with nvda, but 2.0 runs fine as far as I can gather.

As regards soundpacks, Cosmic ragehas a great soundpack for vipmud that can be downloaded in game, promethius also has one, while six dragons and materiamagica have a few sounds.

I believe Mta's soundpacks for cyber assault and clok were for mushclient rather than vipmud.

As regards sounds though to be honest I would personally recommend getting used to playing muds just as text. Muds are text games, and while it's awesome when a mud has a soundpack, if you limit yourself to only those muds with sounds, you'll be disappointed every time, heck other than cosmic rage and alteraeon I've never seen that many muds with really extensive sounds anyway (those in materiamagica and six dragons are only for some extra atmosphere).

There are lots of great muds out there that do not use sounds at all.

personally I'd recommend cosmic rage for a great space game with good activities, Frandom if you like quests and puzzles, and if your heavily into combat Aardwolf or erion, while if you want lots of player interaction extensive crafting clok or rp, ---- then again you can also look in the five muds topic for lots of information on people's favourite muds so I won't repeat what I said there.

Lastly I'll mention Alteraeon.

I myself very much like Vipmud, I find it straight forward and easy to use and generally my client of choice when playing muds.
However, I would really! recommend you download the MushZ pack for alteraeon.
This is notjust a soundpack, it's virtually a full on audio rpg interface and functions as a separate program on your computer.

Most muds are text, they play as text games and should be got used to in that manner, but Alteraeon with MushZ is the one exception to that role, indeed in terms of how it plays with the mushZ client it's pretty much different from every other mud out there.

So I would not recommend playing Alteraeon with Vipmud, but downloading mushZ instead for that game, though personally I do enjoy vipmud for other things, indeed I'm trying cyber assault with it right now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-05 20:34:41

Hey.
I like the vipmud client and I saw somewhere an addon for vipmud 1.0 for nvda.
I like to play cosmic rage and alteraeon and more but I want to put packs in cosmic rage for example and I can not use it.
I puted all like in the readme but nothing.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-05 21:48:56

@Angel, I saw that addon as well, but as I said, with 2.0 there should be no problem with Nvda at all, I've been playing with it for months now.

One reason your cosmic rage soundpack isn't working might be if your still using vipmud 1.0, since the pack is definitely made for 2.0, and needs the files put into the vipmud folder in my documents, not the one in program files as previous versions had.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-06 00:21:23 (edited by arceus 2017-05-06 00:23:23)

@Dark
Thanks for the help, i all ready have the mush client for alter, i'm areisel on there if anyone wants to give a tell
On vipmud,  the problem i have is when you're trying to create a new account for a new game, you know, on that list where you have your characters for muds, the edit fields aren't labeled.
Oh yeah, i know i should play muds without sound, i didn't sayd i don't big_smile i just sayd if there are some nice soundpacks for muds, i would enjoy. I'm used to text, games and muds, as you see, english isn't my native language, so they really helped me learn lots, of english.
Hope i was clear. Maibe i'm the only one who has that problem with the edit fields smile
Thanks in advance
@angel, what's your name on alter? Maibe i'll drop you a pm.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-05-06 08:02:59

I believe those fields just readable by jaws
the first 2fields are your name/ your character name, (not sure what's the diffrent) and then there  are your quick connect list, another tab will put you on the mud's name, in this case type "cosmic rage". tab again, and now you are on the host  field, paste cosmicrage.nathantech.net into it and tab once more, here is the port field, type 7777. and then if you tab again, there is another field, I am not sure what is that for, I just continue tabbing until keep  fariable checkbox, make sure it is checked , and then just tab to ok.

2017-05-06 09:59:58 (edited by Angel 2017-05-06 10:04:12)

Hi Razvi.
You know me, I am Dragos, I am not sure what is my name in alteraeon because I did not played for months and I will create a new ackount.
What is the best class?
And I have vipmud 2.0.16.
I tried all things in the readme and I can not put.
Contact me on skype if you can help me please.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-06 14:04:49

@razvitasca, in terms of those fields you get when you hit the "add" button in the char list, you have two options. You can turn on sapi if you want the names read though to be honest they're quite doable with nvda.

The first field is "username" (which it will read), this is for the name you want the profile to be under, for example you might type "fighter" if you had a profile for a fighter character (I mostly just use character name but I tend to only play one char per mud).

Then is the quick connect dropdown, this will have in all of the details of muds you've played previously.
Myself I don't tend to create a char profile until I've been on a mud for a while, I usually use the quick connect option rather than going through creating a char first time, so the mud I want to create a profile for is usuall in there.

Once you've selected a mud the next two boxes will be filled in with the mud's name and port number.
Then the nexbox Nvda will announce as "edit multiline" that is your character name, and the one after that which is "edit protected" is for password.

You then have two checkboxes for auto login and simple script control.
I've never buggered about with the scripts, but autologin is useful if the mud has the right sort of login screen where it begins by asking username and password, though obviously not for muds like Cosmic rage which start with a numeric menu.

hth.

As regards soundpacks, the problem is that a lot of people start off with Alter and then assume every mud is like that and wo't play anything without sound.
In extreme cases people even complain that the muds like cosmic rage and materiamagica with sounds are bad because they aren't as complete as alteraeon. That is why I try to tell people that while Alteraeon is amazing with it's sounds, it's not a typical mud, indeed in some ways it doesn't play like a mud at all.

Btw, I am Thelok on Alter if you ever want to say hi.