2015-08-27 01:32:06

KeyIsFull provided the ones we have so far, so to be fair I'll wait to see what he says on the matter.  If he is wanting others to help supply sounds then I'm fine with that, but if he intends to come up with more himself then I'll hold off on getting any from other people.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-08-27 03:11:06

I think you're a bit confused; I did not make any sounds for this game, only Pawprints. By the way, still waiting on a new pawprints update with my new sounds in it, just an FYI

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-08-27 16:03:52

Hi aprone,
Nice games. I'll definitely try this one and paw prints out. Keep up the good work!
Also just curious what language do you use for your games?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-08-27 17:41:05

Hey Aprone, I found 2 small strange bugs. One is when you collect all the current tiles available in the game and win a battle the game freezes. The other one is that sometimes you can not change a tile from your poket to your active tiles. It says something you can not have a tile with the rarity greater than 2 in the second slot. But even when I try to use a tile with a rarity equal or below 2 it doesn't change neither.
Best regards, Haramir.,

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-08-27 20:44:39

KeyIsFull, you are absolutely right!  I was confused, and for some reason I forgot which thread I was reading.  I thought this was in the Paw Print thread, haha!

Yeah I'm open to sounds for this game, if someone has sounds for things I'm missing.  I'm also not happy with the arrowing sound because it is very ear piercing to me.

I should have updates for both games soon.  My new nephew was born 2 days ago, and I've been helping babysit at my sister-in-law's house for the past 3.  I'm heading back home today so I should be back to programming very soon.

Haramir, I'll check on those bugs.  I haven't had the game freeze on me yet, but I'll keep an eye out for whatever could be causing it.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-28 05:18:35

Hi Aprone.
Congradulations! There's nothing more fun then nieces and nephews. If you get tired of them you can just leave lol. I can't wait to see the new updates. I kind of like the arrowing sound in tt it's very harsh and disturbing.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-08-28 12:22:08

@Aprone, I'd strongly recommend you try Kodp, both because it is one of the most awesome and unique games I've ever played, and I'd recommend it to anyone, and because as a shear fiet of game design it's astounding!

The Ios version is the most uptodate and of course is fully accessible. There is an Android port just released, and  we're hoping for talkback support. However, if you've not got an Ios or Android Device, the older, original Windows pc version from around the year 2000 is still available. It's absolutely %100 inaccessible, and access can't be added due to graphics, also it obviously misses the updates from the Ios and now Android versions such as new scenes,  treasures  etc, but it's still got all the gameplay in there.  Find out more on The Asharp website

Of course, now I'm thinking me recommending you try Kodp is probably a bad idea sinse it likely means we'll not see more programming from you for some time, as Kodp is one of the most addictive games I've ever played (I've sometimes literally spent days not realizing the time). So, mmmmm, don't play Kodp! you wouldn't like it, a boring, terrible game, not half as interesting to you as staying in your coding cave working on the updates big_smile.

One thought on sounds however, sorry if I'm getting something entirely wrong, but sinse the tyles are all from your previous games, wouldn't it be possible to find most of the sounds there? That was what occurred to me with the bores.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-08-28 18:19:59

Haha, good advice Dark.  I guess I should stay away from that terrible, awful, no-good game Kodp!  big_smile

I'm a bit mixed up now and I can't remember what versions of Triple triad and Paw prints people are playing.  Well more specifically I can't remember what features were in the last versions of those games that were released to the public.  I'm guessing by your post that Triple triad doesn't currently have sounds for the tiles yet, in the posted version.  If that's the case, then the good news is that the next update will.  I went back and grabbed sounds for the tiles from my old games, and for a few that didn't have sounds in their original games.  I'm about 90% done with writing custom messages for the tiles too, based on your earlier suggestion.

My plans for today, as long as the day goes as expected, is for me to add language file support to the game, finish the custom messages, look into Haramir's bug, and post an update.  I'd like to start working on multiplayer for this game, but that might be more work than I can get finished today.  We'll see though.

Severestormsteve, I use visual basic 6 for my games.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-28 21:08:48

Update posted:

Changes from 0.5d to 0.5e

- Tile attack messages have been customized to bring a little more personality to the game.
- Several tiles still have the old default messages, but that's because after doing like 60, I wanted to kill myself rather than type the rest.  I'll do the rest later when I hate it less.  big_smile  haha!
- I've renamed the Rock to Pet rock.
- Support for a Language.txt file has been added, which means Triple triad can now be translated into other languages more easily.  You will see the characters $T in many places.  That lets the game know where to insert the name of the tile.
- samplelanguage.txt has been included with the game.  This can be translated into other languages if anyone wants to do so.  In order for the translation to work, rename the file Language.txt and keep it in the game's folder.  It will be detected and loaded automatically when the game starts.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-28 21:18:37

I'm still working on your bug Haramir.  I see where the code is messed up, but had to run some errands before fixing it.  I posted the update I had real quick, just so people know I'm back in mass-update mode once again.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-28 22:01:30

great Aprone, many thanks for the language file

2015-08-29 00:27:35

New update:

Changes from 0.5e to 0.5f

- Removed some debugging code I accidentally left in during the last update.
- Fixed an issue with the deck configuration menu, that caused it to jump directly to the Previous menu selection.
- Fixed a bug preventing the tile slots from properly restricting the player to the correct rarity levels.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-29 00:51:27

Hello,
This could be a stretch, but as the game kind of already has the implementation of one, it could be interesting. But could it be possible to add the ability for us to create our own stories somewhere down the line? Tese characters could also have their own tile decks perhaps, but if you didn't add your own tiles it'd just use the game's default ones.

2015-08-29 01:16:48

Aaron it's technically possible, but more than likely I won't have customizable tiles like that.   Alan is working on a separate Triple triad game that seems centered around letting players create their own cards.  If I changed my game to go in that same direction, it would just be stepping on the toes of another developer.  Alan's forum thread is here, so it's worth checking out:  http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=16837

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-29 02:38:32

Nice job with this game too. smile This one is a little easier than Paw Prints, but I'm still working at it.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2015-08-29 14:43:01

Aprone,
I noticed you don't include a theme song or sound at the beginning of your games.
I'd like to buy the Triple Triad "Shuffle or Boogie"
theme from iTunes, then put it into your games as a .wav file, but I need you to put a filler sound in first.
It would also be good to add a Read Me file with a list of keys and what they do.

2015-08-29 18:07:24

Sorry I'm just cutting and pasting my reply from the Paw Prints thread, haha.

Would a song from iTunes be allowed to be put into a commercial game though?  Even though this game isn't being "sold", I have to worry more about those things because I'm a registered business now.  I will also have this game multiplayer at some point (soon if I can keep coding this weekend), so it will be tied to a paid account system and would then definitely be considered a paid game by many people.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-09-05 13:47:37

aprone I know u have been busy, but are u still going to put multi player in the game?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2015-09-05 14:15:26

Yes sir, that's actually what I've been working on lately.  I plan to do more than just add multiplayer to this game, so it has been taking some time.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-09-05 15:35:38

ok cool, patiently waiting, take your time

2016-02-26 05:49:17 (edited by Corona 2016-03-02 04:41:34)

Hi Aprone
I sent you a skype mesage a long time ago, which I supose got lost in the millions of mesages that you've receibed
Well, I was translating this game to spanish, but I stoped doing it because I had some problems.
The game was ignoring some mesages, or just translate them in some situations.
I don't really know if it is problem of the game, or problem of the file...,
here is the file if you want to take it a look
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/315 … nguage.txt
Greetings

2016-02-26 15:23:16

Hey folks! Aprone, it is nice to see you back to action. big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-03-01 01:33:34

aprone is back???? best news I have heard all day, I miss playing this game, im just patiently waiting for the multi player

2016-03-01 11:16:19

Hi aprone
I haven't play your games so much but I will try this one.
what you have to do in this game? I never played a puzzle game.
Please explain me about this game.
I am downloading it now.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-03-02 12:13:42

Triple triad is played on a 3 by 3 grid and each player starts the game with 5 tiles in their hand.  Press number keys 1 through 5 to view your own tiles, and numbers 6 through 0 to view your opponent's tiles.
During your turn, place a tile on the board by using the arrows to select an empty spot.  Press the number keys to find the card you would like to drop, then hold shift and press that number to confirm dropping it.
Each card has 4 attack strengths, for the directions up, down, left, and right.  If the tile you drop has a higher attack than an enemy card in that direction, the enemy card will become captured and now belong to you.  Capturing a tile gives you 1 point.  When captured in this way, the enemy's tile will be dropped back onto the board as your own, sometimes causing chain reactions as it then captures more of your opponent's tiles.
A special rule is called the Plus rule, and it is a different way to capture enemy tiles.  When dropping a tile, if its attacks, added to the attacks of adjacent enemy tiles are all equal, then you will capture those enemy tiles.  It's confusing and I'll try to think up a better way to explain it.  Tiles captured using the Plus rule, do not chain reaction to capture additional tiles.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce