2016-03-03 11:57:03

Update posted.

Changes from 0.7 to 0.8

- Fixed a small bug that kept the summary menu from opening immediately when you selected it.
- Translations can now be made using the language.txt file.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-03-03 15:26:08

Perfect time for an update. smile Just got done last night getting my entire party killed. Ok, didn't get my entire party killed, but all I had left was a teenager and a child on the third ridge. sad

AKA president731

2016-03-03 17:57:26

Forgive the double post, but I just started a new game and think I've come across a bit of a bug possibly. Where it lists the resources at a location, I'm told there's a knife present, being carried. However, none of the 9 people in my party are holding that knife and it's not listed as being available to be picked up. I am playing with the snowman fault, so I suppose it's possible that the missing party member is the one holding that knife. If so, maybe that fault is far more inconvenient than I originally thought, but not necessarily a bug.

AKA president731

2016-03-03 19:47:13

Jsymes, thanks for letting me know about that.  I am thinking the same thing, that possibly the snow man fault is showing you an item being carried by a still hidden person, but it's just a guess.  I'll jot this bug report down so that next time I'm working on the Paw prints code, I can try to figure out why it is happening.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-03-03 20:34:10

Yeah, I've confirmed this. The resource list for the crashsite was showing the knife, and when the missing member stumbled into camp, he turned up at the crashsite with knife in hand. tongue

AKA president731

2016-03-03 21:39:58

nice to come across this. Hope you're well Aprone. Is you skype still active?

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2016-03-03 23:31:05

Changes from 0.8 to 0.8b

- Items being held by "undiscovered" people should no longer show up until the person is discovered.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-03-04 01:40:51

I beat it!!! It took me 69 days, I lost 6 of my party (5 to starvation), and unfortunately my only child died after busting a leg when I had no splints for ages. I was on baby steps and ended up with a final score of 2903.

AKA president731

2016-03-04 01:49:38

Well done Jsymes!  Even on baby steps, this game is no joke when it comes to being difficult.  I tip my hat to anyone who can make it to the end, haha!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-03-04 01:53:52 (edited by jsymes 2016-03-04 01:54:24)

Oh definitely! I think that was my sixth or seventh try. Can't imagine trying to play it on harder levels, it would almost be unwinnable I'd think. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the challenge, and can't wait until I manage to beat it and get the longer story. Thanks again for another great game!

AKA president731

2016-03-05 03:32:11

Interesting lengthy ending! I'm a bit confused as to the reason all that work was done, but I'm guessing we'll find that out later in another game that's being tied together with Castaways and Paw Prints?

AKA president731

2016-03-05 08:30:12

i think, the main problem on baby steps is the large group, which never has enough food to feed everyone. but it's still interesting imo. i played on baby steps a few days ago, and only two persons made it through.

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2016-03-05 10:38:09

Food usually doesn't start becoming a serious problem for me, until I hit the forest's edge. It's strange, there's been several times I'll reach that spot with 50 to 90 food and a party of 6 all eating half rations and staying at not hungry. Then I'll stop there at the forest's edge for a day to rest, and that store of food will completely disappear. The games I've managed to win are all because I got lucky and had several wolves killed or the rare trap turn up a large amount of food, while only losing maybe one or two members of my party from that point on. But then when I'm really unlucky, the survivors starve far quicker than I'm able to canibalize them, and not a single person reaches the river.

AKA president731

2016-03-05 11:34:47

Jsymes, yes eventually that extended ending is going to tie in to another game.  Don't forget Daytona, which is also part of the Castaways universe, haha.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-03-05 12:51:25

With me it's the same, in the first fiew days I usually just don't give anyone any food at all, because they are usually all full, and I can manage to get more than 130 food. But later on I can't find as much food, so I usually have to just leave some people to die, but in that case people can get depressed pretty quickly. Also the "gready" trate is annoying, because for a person to get a full rassion, that person has to be really very hungry. I myself think that even people who were used to eating a lot probably wouldn't just get afended if they got a bit less in a situation where no one is getting any more food than them in real life. Maybe we could change it so those people only get afended if they get no food, or if they get less than half.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-03-08 10:22:54

Hey Aprone, had a bit of a question about the religion system. It's clear that you want us to try each religion out, but to be perfectly honest, I really haven't noticed too much different when I play on each one. So what I guess I'm wondering is whether the game expects a specific religion all the time, and the goal is for us to figure it out, or whether the game makes a random choice for the correct religion? Obviously, if a specific one's expected, I don't want to know what it is, I'll just have to keep trying. tongue

AKA president731

2016-03-08 10:28:12

Jsymes, it isn't random.  There is a "correct" choice that players are meant to discover over time.  Things are kept extremely subtle so that there is always a question whether or not you've got the right one.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-03-08 12:16:07

as i understand, you actualy don't choose a religion in the start menu. it's the game choosing it. it only shows there which ones it has. and during the game you guess what it picked.
yeah, i decided to take a look at the changelog. it has something about fixing the bug when you get more building materials instead of using it as you improve your camp. sad, but no, the bug isn't fixed, and the game is still able to become more hardcore big_smile

my name is darth scorp!

2016-03-08 19:21:20

Thanks Aprone. That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure. Back to the grind of figuring it out. wink

AKA president731

2016-03-09 23:40:13

Hey Aprone, think I discovered a bug. I completed a game, then immediately started a new one. While examining and dropping items, I came across one called gameovervictory. I saved a copy of the game for you. When I completed the day after this save, the game informed me that I'd won. tongue How best to send you this saved game? I have you on my Skype, can email it, whatever works best for you. smile

AKA president731

2016-03-13 18:25:11

i guess, someone already had the same, but... dam, i'm happy to see that realy realy epic moment!
Theodore has entered the great city of Giion.
Theodore has completed his task.
After completing his task, Theodore collapsed from exhaustion and died.  his body could not cope with the stress any longer.
i can only emagine citizens' confused faces! big_smile

my name is darth scorp!

2016-03-13 19:18:17

Darth scorp, I'm glad you made it into the city!  I also laughed out loud when I read that your person died of exhaustion right as he reached it!  ROFL!!!  I agree those city citizens must have been so confused!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-09-30 18:31:57

Hi, I just wanna aask a question. Can you change the person's personallity? That would be cool. It also would be cool if I could make my own 9 survivors, giving all 9 survivors a name and age.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2023-06-25 15:26:02

Hi there,

I know this game is not very new but I discovered it very recently and I absolutely like it, exactly the kind of concept I like.
I have a problem, though, when I try to save a game. Well, more specifically when I try to load a saved game. I get an error message: "error when loading saved game", nothing more.
Even weirder, when I try to start a new game after trying to load my saved game, the game begins at the day I have left my saved game, instead of day 1, and with every people dead. If I close and restart the game, starting a new games works properly. But I found no way to have my saved game working.
First time it happened, I was so sad since I was at day 39... But I tried again from the start, picking a different name for the save file just in case, and I always get the same bug.
If someone could help... I won't try to play again if I'm note sure I can save my progress securely, and I'm so sad because this game is amazingly challenging and interesting.
Thanks Aprone for all your wonderful work!

2023-06-25 21:24:04

I think the save files are broken in that game