2015-02-05 23:52:16

Hi there! Jamin from Incus Games here. Just wanted to say hello, and let you all know what's happening with regards to our upcoming audio RPG, Three Monkeys.

Some of you might have heard about the game already. I just wanted to let you know that we're launching a Kickstarter for the game on Tuesday next week (Feb 10th) - and have a slew of really great content to share with you then.

For those of you that don't know, Three Monkeys is a fantasy RPG that looks to push the boundaries of what can be achieved with audio in games. The game puts players in the shoes of Tobar: a blind hero who embarks on a journey through a dark, cursed land, where the sun has been ripped out the sky.

While audio games in themselves are not new, they tend to rely on the same tactics. Most - knowing they have the player deprived of their primary sense - use scare tactics, throwing the player into an  experience defined by horror and scare-tactics. Three Monkeys looks instead to empower the player, using mechanics that allow you to be pro-active; to attack, to make the first move.

The most powerful graphics cards you have at your disposal is your brain, and we want you to create the world of Byzantia for yourself. Just like you'd conjour up the imagery to accompany a good book, we want you to bring our world to life, too. We'll help you along the way, of course.

Key Features:

- Audio adventure / Fantasy RPG for PC
- Fully playable without any visual input; whether you're visually impaired or not. Works on all headphones
- Hunt, fight and solve puzzles, all by using your ears.
- Zonal, open world environments; explore Byzantia at your leisure
- Rich world and memorable characters
- Built in Unity

--

We'll be sharing more about the game soon, but if you have any questions in the meantime, ask away!

I'd also like to direct you to the Byzantia Tavern, which is the official forum for Three Monkeys. If you have discussions to raise about the game, that's the best place to do it smile

Thanks for reaching!

Jamin
@JaminEatWorld

2015-02-06 00:00:57 (edited by crashmaster 2015-02-06 00:06:05)

I'd like it if you guys could support paypal for donations and purchaces, kickstarter uses the amazon system and that does not support paypal as such.
also your forum has one of those visual capchas in it maybe you could use a logic capcha instead

2015-02-06 00:17:55

Hi crashmaster!

We should have a system in place for Paypal donations, yes. I'm aware just relying on the Amazon system is a limitation for some people.

As for the captcha -- there's an audio alternative. If you select that, you should be able to complete the registration without issue.

We're keen to make the boards as accessible as possible, so do let me know if there are other issues -- we'll do our best to work on these as quickly as we're able.

2015-02-06 06:41:00

I love rpg, so thanks for your work! When the game is out I will try for sure!

2015-02-06 11:10:18

Crashmaster, not to mention that if you use the latest version of NVDA (I even use the development snapshots from the next branch without any issues whatsoever) and the latest Firefox with the Web Visum plugin, which is in my opinion the most powerful and accessible screen reader/browser combination for Windows anyway, you should have no problem solving 99% of the captchas that can be seen anywhere on the internet.
HTH,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-02-06 11:39:02

Hi, Great to hear.  You can definitely expect a donation from me.  smile

2015-02-06 11:40:31

Hey folks. I'll surely donate to see this game come to life!
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-02-06 11:47:03

Hi, there is an audio/video trailer of the game?

2015-02-06 12:37:00

Hi ambro86 -- we do have a development trailer, yes.

Watch here

We have a brand new video coming next week, too. Our video guy has really gone to town on it, so hopefully you look forward to that smile

2015-02-06 13:14:05

I really do hope that this goes well and that you can get as many eyes on this as possible.  The last audiogame I donated to on Kickstarter couldn't have done a worse job at publicity to be honest.  I wish you all the best.

2015-02-06 13:38:11

^ What did they do wrong, out of interest? What kind of things do you look for in a good campaign?

I'm confident you'll enjoy what Three Monkeys has to offer; we've got some great stuff on the way, and will be listening to you guys every step of the way.

2015-02-06 14:20:55 (edited by Phil 2015-02-06 14:32:05)

Jamin,
I liked the Three Monkeys Development Trailer. It played without any problem.
I'd would have liked more game sounds than just the sprite voice.
I think the problem Kickstarter campaign was for audio defence for IOS.
They originally planned for in app purchases but dropped that idea.
They also gave pledgers a bonus.
as a pledger, you'll be given a Coin Doubler. With it you'll get the weapons you want as fast as you need them.
At the time they stated "We still have loads of ideas for Audio Defence in the back of our head, but we have no time and money to implement them. All the money we make over our
goal will be invested in polishing and expanding game content: more levels and zombie types, extravagant arenas, fan requested weapons, new game modes."

A note from Carles Salas about the Kickstarter, which by the time you read this will have officially ended without reaching its funding goal.
£10,000 goal
Estimated delivery: May 2014 
£1 minimum pledge
This project will only be funded if at least £10,000 is pledged by Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:38 AM EST.

It’s a pity we didn’t make it, but we’ll release the game anyway, and sooner than most successful Kickstarters.
The lack of Kickstarter funding will mean we can’t invest in proper marketing, which is quite bad because we wanted everyone to know about how Audio Defence
is the most action packed audio game on iOS.
That’s all in the future, though. From the present I can assure you this: Audio Defence is currently feature and content complete, and that’s the fancy
way to say the game is finished! That doesn’t mean we’re done, however.
We’re investing all of our time balancing the game, tweaking sounds, squashing bugs, checking performance issues and getting accessibility navigation as
smooth as possible.
That’s a lot of work and we’re a very small team, and we’ll keep working until we reach a premium level of quality.
Please direct any further questions to
[email protected],
and someone from the team will get back to you.

2015-02-07 00:57:23

hi JaminEatWorld
this game to be long?
and what have chapters?

2015-02-07 10:47:57

Hi.
Wow, I thought the development has stopped. I'm so glad to hear this great news. I remember reading about the game very long time ago. The game sounds really interesting, and I look so much forward to hear more about the game. I'll donate for sure.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-02-08 14:18:06

Hi Sswwaaiikkee -- so we estimate the game will take around 6 hours to complete, but we're hoping to include a lot of content to allow the player to extend this considerable should they stray from the main path.

Also, we've split the story into two halves (predominantly to keep production costs down) - and have a Three Monkeys: Part 2 written and ready to conclude the story. We'll be talking more about this soon.

And yes, the game will be split into chapters.

Hope that helps!

2015-02-08 19:52:21

Hi,

do we get more of the information pertaining to the title along with the kicckstarter?

i also believe that you may need to release a concept demo, as i highly doubt sighted gamers would potentially help fund without something tangable to play with, and as you are reaching out to a market other than those in the blind gaming community, may need to consider these facts.

finally, smile, it took me 1.5 hours to complete the ticon blue titles of She Noire and innuiitor

so hope these times realistic.

just my thoughts.

Hope to hear some gameplay, soon.

2015-02-08 20:15:56

This is the kind of game that we in the vi community have been crying out for for a long time. It's going to be an amazing title and it's going to be more like the kind of games we can enviously watch our sighted counterparts play but not play ourselves. This is going to be more like the kind of game our sighted pears would play and may go some way towards bridging the gap between sighted and blind gamers. avid gamer has a point when he says though that a lot of sighted gamers might not back this project without some kind of demo to try out as this would be quite a new concept for most sighted people. I to look forward to seeing more about the game and I can 100 percent grantee this project has my full support and assistance if needed.

2015-02-10 14:55:21

hi
when release game?

2015-02-10 15:21:26

sswwaaiikkee wrote:

hi
when release game?

When the Kickstarter campaign is over, when the bugs has been fixed and when the developers are ready to release the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-02-10 15:28:16

Hi all!

Thanks for all the interest so far! Just to let you know the Kickstarter campaign for Three Monkeys is now live!

Do check it out and let us know your thoughts smile

2015-02-10 17:28:52

hi, so, this game have a demo? if so, can you send it for me to play?

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2015-02-10 19:00:37

come on all let's back this wonderful project. I can't wait to see this game, let's help them get there 29000 and have the best game ever.

2015-02-10 19:19:05

@Douglas1 - the plan is to release an early beta to a portion of our backers, but I believe a demo is also very important, and will make sure we have a small portion of the game - or a bespoke demo - available to players before launch.

Hope that answers your question -- we'll do our best to make sure you have a decent idea of what to expect smile

2015-02-10 19:38:05

the game wil be free or payd?

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2015-02-10 19:45:03

The game will retail for £9.99, or there abouts. We'll get a final RRP if and when we make it to store.

You can save money by pledging through the Kickstarter, however.