2014-06-13 16:56:08

Hello,
I recently download the Super Mario Bros: audio edition by K_Jones. I dont know how to play it so can anyone help?
A few questions:
1. What does the coordinates mean? Ya know, the messages spoken when we press F1 while playing? There are 2 numbers so, what does the first and the second number mean? I know the first number changes when you move left or right, but what about the second number?
2. Anyone know how to play mario in general? What obstacles are there, how to avoid them, how to kill enemies etc?
3. Any walkthroughs with commentary? On K_Jones' website, there is a demo recording of the game, but he goes through the levels so quickly that I don't really know what he's doing.
That's all for now I think. Thanks!

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-06-13 17:14:47

The second number changes when you move up and down. As for how to play, Mario jumps over some obstacles, uses a gun like powerup, grows or shrinks. It generally takes some trial and error. smile good luck!

2014-06-14 05:10:17

I still can't seem to be able to play it. I can here some beeps from the right or left but when it came close to me, i'll die. I know that's an enemy and a few times i successfully stomped them but i don't really know how to time myself to stomp them. Those few times that i succeeded was by pure luck. And yet, i still can't complete the first level. Any hints/tips will be appreciated. Thanks!

2014-06-14 05:54:24

Jumping is somewhat analog. The longer you hold the jump button, the higher you go. You stop moving up when you release the button, reach the peak of your jump, or move left/right.

I could try to explain more (though I'll need to reread the readme to be sure I'm not repeating anything that hasn't already helped), but if you weren't already playing with different jump heights, this might be enough to help you figure out some more things in the meantime.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-06-14 07:30:48 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2014-06-14 09:31:37)

Hello K_Jones,
I tried to hold the up arrow but i don't know whether i reached the peak or not. Also, those enemies keep getting me... So i really don't know how to play. If possible, do explain more because i really wanted to play this game but i always get gameover when i play, if not because of enemies killing me, it'll be because i didn't jump high enough and always drops or something like that. Thanks!
EDIT: Hello again K_Jones, should i ask about JLA here or create a new topic or send you an email if i have questions? Since i have problems about JLA (Justis leag exemble) too... Thanks again!