2014-02-28 04:03:34

As far as I'm concerned, Wade Machine doesn't work at all.
I tried to select the .avi file, but when it says that it's converting, and I hit a key to continue, it doesn't create it whatsoever.
Aprone, I'm not trying to critisize you, but it needs some serious work.

2014-02-28 10:54:10

I did not make the program that converts the movie into an MP3.  Check the readme.txt file for more info.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2014-05-31 03:04:20

Hello Aprone!

Can I request a SUbs format to be supported?
There's popular Aegis subs format *.ass and I am watching a lot of anime series. Sadly, I can't find a way to use this format. Problem with it is, It's using a lot of stupid things like colors, fonts to be ellegant etc. After converting these subs to TXT or SRT sometimes I can read it partially with few polish movie players with SAPI support. I'll try your program and see what will happen.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2014-05-31 03:21:45

Okay, tested the application and it's the same results. I can read the intro to the anime epizode, opening and after that nothing. Evrything what I tried reads it in the same way. Original and ONLY ONE subtitles is in *.ass file, and When i am converting it to SRT with subtitle workshop it's giving me the same results.

It's in polish, but can you look at this?

Here's the link to the subtitles:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5665808/20.srt

And here's the MP3 file created from the MKV file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5665808/20.mp3

If you can jump this it will be fantastic! I MUST watch this epizode!

And BTW, Please add a volume up / down of the mp3.

Cheers!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-05-24 16:47:16

Hello,
I'm having the same problem like others mentioned already.
The movie starts, but the subtitle doesn't. What I should do?

2017-05-31 22:01:58

I hope that something like this would be endorced for various reasons. People who are deaf0blind, but who want to watch movies with their blind and sighted counterparts can use a Braille display. Moreover, I think it would be great if we had two SRT files, one for the subtitles, and another for the descriptions. That way you wont' have to rely on people describing or narrating the scenes, for they would be available. I think something like this deserves far more than what it was originally meant for, as it can help a lot of people who have trouble hearing movies. My partner had always complained that I don't watch TV, or I don't know what the latest shows are about. Truth is, I can't hear them very well, so having access to subtitles and text narrations would be very, very helpful.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-16 12:53:54

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an odd issue with the program. It converts just fine, loads the mp3 and srt just fine, plays and reads ust fine ...until about 2 minutes in. If I look at the srt in notepad, the sentences appear to coincide with what is being said, but they aren't read anymore. Could that be a mistake in the format or so?
It was a sub by horribleSubs, so it may just be broken, if anyone knows some good websites where I can grab decent subs for anime that would be welcome, I rely on google now if the srt doesn't come with the download.

2017-08-16 16:04:03

I totally forgot I ever made this thing!  haha
Zersiax, if you want to send me the exact srt file, I'd be happy to figure out if it is a problem with the wade machine program or a problem with the srt file itself.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-16 19:37:57

Hey Aprone,

Thanksa lot for the offer. The SRT file lives here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/26ugqvl4a289m … 1.srt?dl=1

Good luck smile

2017-08-17 00:38:58

Zersiax I've made a small code change and uploaded a new version of Wade Machine.  Download it again and see if the updated on (version 0.7 beta) works for you.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-17 01:08:11

It seems you broke the zip smile This reports as an invalid compressed folder on two machines I have here smile

2017-08-17 01:33:01

Hmm ...the third machine takes it just fine. Not sure what's going on there, but let me test and report back smile

2017-08-17 01:34:22

Cheered too early after all, it seems this zip is missing a few files smile Think your zipping failed halfway through.

2017-08-17 03:17:15

Give this link a try
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bs37w9spzgi92 … e.zip?dl=0

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-17 08:56:46

Aprone this is excellent now smile I couldn't seem to seek in a file either, this has been fixed as well smile As a programmer I'm curious what it is you did to fix this smile Was the file not loading in its entirety properly?

2017-08-17 09:12:54

As you may already know, SRT files may contain multiple lines for a specific time stamp.  This could be because multiple people speak in the same scene, or narration happens, or whatever.  When I designed the Wade Machine program, all of the example SRT files I had followed the same format.  Whenever a scene had multiple lines, each line was listed separately and a blank line marked the end.  Because it held true in all of the files I personally had, I just assumed it is how they would all be.

The SRT you sent me has a few places where multiple lines are used in a scene, but they used blank lines in between them (probably for cosmetic purposes on the screen).  The Wade Machine program interpreted the blank lines as the end of the text, but then didn't have a proper time stamp for the next line of text it read in.  Basically it was not loading the entire file correctly from that point on.

I'm glad to hear it's working as it should now.  smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-17 10:51:29

Huh ...the program would just be sitting there waiting for a timestamp that never comes, therefore silently failing. Interesting smile
Anyways thanks for the fix, this will be quite useful to me smile

2017-08-18 01:51:23

Hey Aprone,

Hope you don't mind me banging on the system some more, but I'm afraid I've found another srt that breaks the machine smile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zha2st9zgj4a … 4.srt?dl=1

This one behaves like the other broken one in the old 0.6 version, and gives a whole lot of type mismatch errors in the new one smile Was it something I said? smile

2017-08-18 02:32:03

Thanks Zersiax!  These SRT files of yours really like to play it fast and loose with the formatting, ROFL!  I've made the adjustments and this new download should work for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bs37w9spzgi92 … e.zip?dl=0

There was a point where this SRT went with a slightly different format for how it represented the times.  Instead of sticking to the usual XX:XX:XX,XXX format it used only a 1-digit long number for the first section.  These are all issues I should have ironed out back when this was made, but admittedly I don't have a "collection" of SRT files of my own and clearly had too small of a sample size to figure out all the different ways they can be set up.  Eh, live and learn.

If you hit any more snags, let me know.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-18 09:47:04

That is really interesting actually,  since this wasn't just a random srt plucked off the net, this came with a CrunchyRoll vid.
I am going to assume, perhaps somewhat naively, that all their srt's share the same, or similar, formats, so I think we've just ensured CrunchyRoll compatibility since the 0.8 works flawlessly with it again smile Thanks for the effort.

2017-08-18 15:18:53

I imagine you're right

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-21 00:05:42

Hey Aprone!

Thanks for this amazing piece of software. Do you think it would make sense to incorporate a feature where it would be possible to blend the mp3 audio track of the movie with a SAPI 5 voice reading the subs? This way it would be possible to create the movie ready for putting on a phone or mp3 player with the subs integrated.

What do you think?

kind regards

Paweł

2017-08-21 06:02:18

Hey Piciok, good suggestion.  Rocky had made a tool for exporting sapi text into a recording, so I suppose I could have Wade Machine use his program to convert the subtitles.  After that I'm not exactly sure how to overlap and combine the film mp3 with the recording of the subtitles.  Definitely a neat idea though, so I'll keep it in mind and see if a solution presents itself.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-21 06:14:58

Hi,
This program is really awesome, especially for those who loves watching things in a language that they don't know at all, or a language they're not speaking very well.
In my opinion, the project should be continued, and things being added or fixed, depending on the suggestions the users may have.

2017-08-21 14:47:38

Aprone,

One more bug report I'm afraid smile I've worked around it, its not really a showstopper but you might want to know about it. When you call ffmpeg, it seems you're either not escaping certain characters properly or having trouble with spaces, since I am getting ffmpeg errors when I try to convert filesa s they are. If I change the filename to a one-word string without any special characters, it works fine though. An example of a filename it trips on is:
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 4 – Five-Part Fusion! VWXYZ-684075.mp4

I'm guessing it's either tripping on the exclamation mark or the spaces, but I can't see the command you send to ffmpeg to confirm.
As for merging two audioclips, ffmpeg can do that, i.e. ffmpeg -i input1.mp3 -i input2.mp3 -filter_complex amerge -ac 2 -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 4 output.mp3
Thing is, the files need to be of equal length for that to work otherwise the subs would be way off smile