2013-01-26 03:14:20

Hi. I was wondering if games such as tripple j shooter, winspank and any other of jim kitchen's adultrated games could go? For i tried tripple j shooter and that just about had me in tears. I always thought of jim kitchen to be a great person but winspank and tripple j shooter made me totally outraged. Words can't describe how i feel, but i've played nfl football, awesome homer, but i'd like it if winspank, tripple j shooter and strip poker to be no longer available for download. I did try not to let it get to me but i couldn't control myself. If it is unable to be made unavailable for downloading then what should i do? For that's put me off all his games. Please someone, anyone, do something, please? And if i'm being a total idiot then i'm sorry. I'm forever being called an idiot if i'm upset about something.

2013-01-26 04:37:38

Unfortunately for you there is a group of people who do like the games for what they are, regardless how inappropriate you might deem them, and we do not delete games from the databass simply because one might find them offensive.  I imagine one could say that Q9 is a somewhat ofensive game because you're clubbing wolves, gorillas, leopards and the like, which animal lovers would have you killed for even though its just a game, and someone might suggest that the ability to buy erotic DVD's in the game torn city is somewhat explicit, and that the violent nature of swamp and Road to Rage makes them unsuitable for certain audiences, which is probably true, but the fact is that fun like many other things is a personal matter.  How you have it depends on who you are and what tickles your fancy.

When we mention a game having Adult nature on the site we are being serious.  if you're not legally an adult  based on the laws of your place of residence, or you simply don't care for adult humor, don't play.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2013-01-26 05:14:06

lol yeah i do find q9 amusing for i like the sounds and music through out. But shouldn't most game developers though at least take in to account that if things get out of controll they'll have to take full responsabillity for after all, it's only rite that if there are problems you have to then find a way to resolve it so that nothing else happens

2013-01-26 06:21:07

Agreed, and that would be the case, if there were really a problem that wasn't someone's own personal oppinion.  As far as you have made us aware, the game is not malfunctioning, is not buggy, and is not crashing your system.  The effect it has on your emotional self is beyond the developer's responsibility.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2013-01-26 06:56:25

Yeah the game runs fine on my laptop. But even though developers state that with anything they won't be held responsible for loss of data and so on but i think if there are a few things in any game that do effect the person playing it, it's only rite that they take in to account the problem, and advise or at least resolve the problem as best as possible. Even though if advice is given or even if it's advice from awesome people who just loves hitting it up on games where there replayability is through the roof then lol that also counts. But what i do think is though is that there should be a message at the end of there description like one message i often come across is some viewers may find this offencive. So yeah you could add something like, this game contains sexual references wich may not be suitable for younger gamers. Some people may find this offencive. Hope that helps for i think with something like that in place it might just might make things that bit more better so that nothing bad happens to anyone

2013-01-26 09:28:39

It clearly says on the Tripple J Shooter page that there is explicit adult content. While I sympathize with you, I also agree with Nocternus. we here can't be responsible for any emotional upsets you may have while playing the game since you have been warned, though if you miss it or downright ignore it, there isn't much we can do. I doubt you ignored it, in fact I bet you were taken for a total shock because you thought it couldn't be that bad, or you skimmed right over the adult content warnings (I was there too) but it doesn't reflect on Jim Kitchen. I myself didn't find Strip war or any other purely adult games for that matter very attractive, so I just didn't play it. But i do enjoy his other, non-adult games. Everyone has a borderline of what he will and will not feel comfortable playing. Since we want to be as open as possible we try to avoid such restrictions, but we try to put warning in place since we do realize that not everyone here is into adult content. I know it seems unfair and cold but if we didn't do it that way, then we would have people complaining on the opposite side of the spectrum, which I think would be far worse since everywhere on the site suggests that we welcome users of all ages and backgrounds.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2013-01-26 15:20:24

Well i was mainly just getting to get to grips with various other games that i heer about and i did miss the warning but it was purely by accident, pluss i downloaded it off his website along with awesome homer and the other games.

2013-01-26 17:46:02

Hi,
@cool gamer, the good news is that he's now seperated the two types of games into different pages, so the adult section is for that sort of thing, and the stuff like awsome homer is just on the normal sapi section.

2013-01-26 18:45:19

Ah that's good that he's put his games in different places. Least then you can work out where things are

2013-01-26 20:12:30

Wow he seperated them? I didn't know that! Shows how much I actuallly check the site lol.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2013-01-30 01:45:31

Cool gamer, I am not personally comfortable with x rated adult content either (one reason why you'll notice on the site descriptions for such games aren't usually written by me).

However what Nocturnus said is exactly correct. The genre catagory in the games escription for all adult titlts reads "adult games xxx" and if that is not enough the description on the db pages tells you what the game is about.

Heck, Jim writes pretty clearly on his site when games have explicite content too, so there is more than adequate warning, and since there ar! plenty of people who enjoy those games it would be unfair to them! to remove them, ---- you might as well try to delete super egghunt from the db because there are some people who have a fear of birds.

If your oldenough to be brousing the net and downloading games yourself, you should be old enough to take warnings seriously.

Myself, I have never played any of jim's adult games, because I am not comfortable with such things, I have however had a lot of fun playing his Awsome homer, pong, trivia, puppy1, golf and various other games over the years and intend to carry on doing so in the future.

In fact, I don't play his racing games either because racing games are less my thing, and his adult games are to me no different, albeit that the reason I don't play his adult games is discomfort rather than simple dislike of the genre.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-02-03 01:12:47

Yeah i can see where your coming from but no matter what happens i'll still play his games and super egg hunt wich is cool.

2013-02-03 14:20:18

Glad to hear it. Not playing jim's games because there are some that don't appeal to you would strike me as  cutting off your nose to spite your face as the saying goes, after all just because someone makes games you might not want to play yourself doesn't mean they won't necessarily make other games that are good, heck there are plenty of devs from draconis to vip gameszone who have made games I! didn't like for one reason or another, but that didn't stop me enjoy their other stuff.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-02-04 00:35:11

Lol! Oh i no. Well draconise sure have made surprisingly great games. Lol specially ESP pinball. Lol weather i want to play pack man, or do it alien outback style, or even if i want to break things lol every game makes me picture odd things. Only thing i don't like is when you pause the game. I'd rather heer the music instead of pause all the time and only game i've played of vipgamezone is that teniss one. Oh my! Not as good as i'd hoped but yesterday i did enjoy hacking some heads off zombie's on zompocalips, so yeah! That's my gaming adventures up to this point oh and hatsoori combat! Lol that is just classic even though i don't no what's going on. The adventure for me never ends! smile

2013-11-06 21:22:34

I have played almost all of Jim Kitchen's games and have had absolutely no issues. Well at least none outside of some technical issues here and there. I once showed Winspanker to a former life-skills tutor only because she was curious about my computer speech and what not. She got a kick out of Spanker. There are some games of his though which I have not played due to computer issues which I've mentioned on here previously. But it's good to know that you are at least giving these adult games a shot.