2012-11-30 04:43:23

(I'm not really sure if this thread belongs in this section; of course moderators can move it if it belongs elsewhere.)

November has been horribly unproductive (the past couple days have been ... eh, better than the last couple weeks, at least).
But I have a few things to show for it. None of which have change logs that I was keeping at the time, so I'll be going on memory...

The Jeqocon Console has been updated. I don't remember if I changed anything in DBGU or not, so I'll just list the changes to the JFIM Adventure:
- Rare runtime errors have been fixed
- Bugs with the control configuration have been corrected; it no longer crashes, and actually asks for up.
- Made some significant adjustments to the final section of the game, since a lot of things there (particularly the more hidden ones) weren't working quite correctly.
- I don't remember if all the cut scenes were included in the previous version... eh... they are now.
- I tried to adjust the menu when you load a saved game, since I frequently wound up accidentally loading it again and undoing all the progress I'd made since.

If you already have the last version, you can just download the patch (replace play.exe with the version in the patch). I recommend this because the full archive seems to be the number one cause for my dropbox getting too much traffic, lol.
If you already have the full archive, You can get the patch here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/jfpatch.zip
If not, you can download the whole thing here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/JeqoconB.zip

As for Escape the Dark Legion, most of the changes affect the full version, and specifically story-related events I'd rather not spoil here. Suffice it to say, there was a rather important event that was nearly impossible to complete if you failed at your first attempt, so I adjusted that. I also decided to let the player recover a little at the midpoint of a certain multi-stage boss fight. There might have been something else I've already forgotten (though I think not).

On the subject of DLE, though... I've been considering holding a contest of sorts, with the prize being a copy of the full version.
I'm thinking of creating a quiz over Jeqoverse trivia, restricted to content available for free at PlanetSeva.com. The winner(s?) would be chosen randomly from among the highest-scoring participants. (Or maybe I could give everyone who takes it a chance to win, with an additional chance for each correct answer? So that the highest-scoring applicants would have a greater chance? ... I dunno, I'd rather go with what encourages the most people to read my stuff. tongue ).
Good idea? Bad idea? Improvable idea? What do you think?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-11-30 10:15:34

good Idea, of course!

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2012-11-30 20:23:47

This file won't open for me.. It says it's corrupted. What's going on?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2012-12-01 02:00:22

Also, you forgot to link to a patch for the full version, which I did buy some time ago. Might wanna do that.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2012-12-01 05:19:25

The patch for the full version was sent to everyone who purchased it.
Actually, I just looked at my list of email addresses, and somehow the space beside yours was unicode 160 rather than 32. I have no idea what's up with that, but it's probably why you didn't get it. Correcting now!

Staindaddict, which file won't open for you?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-12-01 06:43:58

I just heard about a serious bug with DBGU that causes the program to freeze. Strangely, I didn't have this problem this morning, but when I went to check the report, it was happening to me as well!
I think I have a fix for it, but I would definitely like to know if anyone else has had this problem, because it's... very strange (strange enough that I'm not sure if it was caused by something I did or something strange in bgt...).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.