2006-10-12 15:16:56

Hi everyone.

I know it's not exactly a good thing to post wild unconfirmed roomers that haven't even had any confirmation on the web site, but I got this one from Che Martin himself.

I mailed Mr. Martin to ask a couple of questions about Rale racer (not the least of which was when is it coming out), and i mentioned that I was interested to try the mouse control system. He then stated that all his future games would have this system, mentioning one title in particular, ------ kick boxer. Mr. Martin said this game will involve pulling of various moves ranging in complexity with mouse movements (he gave the example of pushing the mouse up, down then right with a press of the left button to pull of a roundhouse kick).

Obviously, Mr. martin is going to be working on rale racer for a while (he's apparently aiming for a release in the first few months of 207), and I have no idea how far along the kick boxer project is (if at all), but given all the fans of Mortal Combat and other beat em ups on this board, and some of the talk a while ago about how good an audio beat em up might be, I thought people would be pleased to kno.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)