2012-09-10 22:20:55

Well, that would explain quite a lot if that's true.

Thumbs up

2012-09-11 02:47:08

Sad if is true, lets hope we here from the real one

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2012-09-11 04:33:18

HI,
Makes sense. Why woudl he make a whole new account for this? I did think that was odd. And $20? Ah well, an iOS PLayroom AP would be cool.

Best Regards,
Hayden

Thumbs up

2012-09-11 06:32:54 (edited by Aminiel 2012-09-11 06:42:11)

Hello everybody,
Here's the real Aminiel, alias QuentinC, creator and developper of the playroom.

All this topic is totally fake. The QuentinC_Playroom account doesn't belong to me, and there is no official iphone app.

Be warned that if you buy and use this app, you have no guarantee at all: it may stop working at any time, and the playroom team will even take measures so that it happens as soon as possible. For those who already have it, sorry but you have been stolen; you must complain to the author of this topic, not us, we are not responsible for pirated clients.

WE must underline that if ever there was a mac or iphone app at some point, we would certainly charge to get the investment back considering that apple developpment tools are themselves not free, but never, really never  20$. The price range would be more something like 5 to 10$, 10$ really being an uppler limit. More would be unfair for windows users who pay nothing, and we really want to remain free as long as paypal donations are sufficient to keep the service up and running. An occasion to recall that we are still happy and thankful to accept your donations.

Such a topic is one more proof that many people are interested in a mac or iphone client. You should know that we are already aware of that for a quite long time now. However, I'm the only developper, and I can't do what you are asking for for 3 main reasons: first, I don't have any apple device, have never had and even used one once, and am therefore unable to developp for them. Secondly, I'm still a student and have no money to buy one. Third, even if I could afford one, my studies don't leave me enough spare time to dive into apple world. You can transpose these reasons to linux or any other system if you want. As you can see, I'm really not closed to a client for something else than windows; I'm just completely unable at the moment.

Should I remind you that the best way to help the playroom in that area is by contacting us, tell and show us that you are capable and motivated to developp an alternative client, not by tryhing to reverse-engine the protocol and stealing money to make your own profit ?

Finally, I'm kindly asking the moderators to close this topic, ban the offending account, and if possible, give me as much information about him as they can (IP address, etc.). I can't tolerate someone trying to steal two years of work and potentially quite a lot of money.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2012-09-11 13:16:35

Wow. It's quite hard to believe that someone has faked this topic and first post so badly! sad
Thanks for your post Aminiel, and I totally understand why you are unable to make an iPhone or an Mac OSX app. Keep up the great work dude.
I hope the moderators will get rid of this topic, and bann that fake account forever!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-09-11 14:19:14

MODERATION!

This kind of action is counterproductive and misleading to the audiogames community and its members and will not be tolerated!  Such action could possibly harm the trust that has been built and exceptionally worked upon so as to be preserved in future amongst the members of the community.  AS such, I have taken the liberty of banning the offending poster, and I must warn that any accounts associated with this post and incident face the same treatment, should they be discovered to be directly linked.

As moderators, it is our job to present you, the people of this forum, with the most accurate information; this forum has served as a ground for such information, and any information which could possibly lead the user to malicious software or other such unwanted and undesirable circumstance will be dealt with accordingly.