2006-09-16 21:56:29

hi.
i'm now just going round with a new char called blaze and i am trying to build her up.
i have armored her with a lether studded breastplate, chain boots, scale gauntlets.
i have armed her with a nadorian warsword purchased from the travelling market between hawklor and talinous.
now, i'm pretty tapped out and i'd like to get my income up a bit.
i went on a mission, one were you get free equipment. learloak monestary to be precise.

i took the lot, warhammer, shield leather armor and iron helm and i went to talinous and sold the lot.
while i was pawning my wares so to speak i tried to sell two medalians i had.
one was one i got from a strange old man outside of hawklor who asked me three questions, and the other i'm not sure.
rogue's medalian, and the other is a lunar medalian.
anyway when sold they both fetch a couple of grand and i'm wondering before i go and sell them, what do they actually do.
what is their purpose in this game.
thx.
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-09-17 00:34:13

well archer, my personal advice is that accept for generic items such as leather boots and armour and basic weapons, never sell anything, because you don't know what the Gm is planning in the future.

When I first started the game I discovered I'd gone and sold a gem neccessary to create a magic sword, which at the time was rather powerful and may well have more significance later in the game. This is why I personally hang on to most items in my dwelling that are not generic, even if I find another item with better stat bonuses (such as a better medallian than the Rogue's medallian).

As to making money, the best place to sell items is Graldoc, but obviously you need an Ag subscription to get there, but otherwise the village of Durnsig offer fairly good rates.

Unfrtunately, I don't think the "Explore the realms at random" link is open to non-ag members, and that's the best way of getting cash and items (you've even got the chance of coming upon some really! great armour by accident). Otherwise I'd reccommend trying the "have a random encounter" link in Trythic, several of the encounters yield gold, and occasionally items which you can then sell. There's a bunch of highwaymen who give you several pairs of lether boots and a vest which sell for about 100 tocans altogether, admittedly it's not much, but it soon builds up when you've been grinding a bit.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-17 11:11:22

hi dark,
well actually i've got an ag subscription, had it for quite a while now.
i got the year's subscription judging that i'd be in for the long hall.

i've got 3 ag chars now and their all doing alright in ag.
however i've exauhsted my supply of adventures at the moment and i'm looking for new ones. can you give me any clues?
p.s i also know of a ruby bracelet and a small emerald from learloak monestary, do you have any knowledge on how much they'd go for?
thx

2006-09-17 12:18:34

Aaah sorry, I didn't realize you had a subscription archer. The ruby bracelet and gem only sell for about 50 gold each if I remember rightly. But if you've got access to it, by far the best method of ganing gold is the "Explore the realms at random" link, particularly as his Gmness has updated it with a lot of new random encounters. You've also got the chance of finding some really good unmatched armour in one of the Crypts as well.

As reguards new adventures, of course the fourth Proving grounds is going on at the moment, and quite soon there will be another hunting event with lots of experience and stuff up for grabs in the random encounters.

As reguards all the adventures, there's a list on this site, but I'm not certain how up to date it is.

http://sryth.pbwiki.com/

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-09-18 21:18:51

Just be careful in Graldok. If you haven't already met him, Illiok the Brave is in the Bazaar and he's a master warrior. Either apologize to him or run away unless you have the Wither Blade and you're feeling lucky. He's incredibly strong. I myself managed to subdue him with my main character Keaira, but I got really lucky. The Wither Blade's special attack did 89 damage and ended the fight real quick.
  If you've exhausted the supply of adventures I assume that includes The Giants? That's quite a feat since most of the enemies in that adventure are incredibly strong. I myself am hoping to create a character skilled enough in Elementalism and lucky enough to slay the Jakk brothers.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-09-19 08:57:21

well, i haven't heard about that adventure, i've only had a look at the adventures of talinous and trithic, i tried my hand at saving the silver crown from krogeries 4 times now, i can kill the one that tries to kill me but when i stumble on deck and help the captain i'm slane by a big one.
i don't actually know now were to go for a new adventure. understand me i want an adventure, but one i can do with the following stats and weapons.

Melee Rating
34/34
Stamina
34/34
Nevernal Rsv.
11/11
Gold
Agility
  amazing
Might
  amazing
Body
  amazing
Aura
  exceptional
Mind
  exceptional
Spirit
  incredible
Luck
  amazing
Experience
Alignment
Good

weapons.
blade of the fox
battle axe poor
enchanted dagger,
ring of aw
ring of vitality.

p.s what do the above rings do, and when can i use them in the game.
thx