2006-09-09 12:13:58

hello,

i am sorry about the off topic post but this is erjant.
next week i am getting wireless internet from sky digital and i wanted to know that is my windows xp home edition with sp2 installed, wireless compatible.
please could someone post a reply as soon as possible as i will have to let the broadband service know to get me a wireless adapter.

2006-09-09 23:45:11

Wholeheartedly yes.

If you haven't already installed a wireless network adapter just make sure you choose to use the windows utility to control it if you get the choice.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-09-10 04:46:10

I disagree; the windows utility is limited in several ways.  If your adapter comes with a utility and it is accessible, I suggest you use that.

James

2006-09-10 11:12:16

For average use the Windows software is fine, and you don't have to worry about whether it is or isn't accessible. That's why I suggested it.

I've found the windows utility perfectly adequate for getting it to work, which is the main goal. Once it's set up you shouldn't have to touch it for a home set up.

And if your router is located near your computer you can still use a wired link if you so wish, just in case you might find this preferable.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.